planetside 2 performance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mrtippmann, Jul 2, 2014.

1. mrtippmann

i get low fps on all settings, is SOE still releasing optimization patch's?

here are my specs:

AMD FX8150 3.6 OC'd to 4.2
    MSI Radeon HD7950 OC'd Black editon
    two 8 gig Gskill ripjaws 1600MHz
    MSI GD65V2 Motherboard
    corsair 600 watt psu
    Windows 8.1 update 1
    • Up x 1
  2. Toxicmix1

Man, to be honest the game is bottlenecked by the api it self, is stupid but is the source of the problems, a game like this, with this nature, absolutely needs more draw calls available. The dx 9 is a horrible choice in first place.

This game needs mantle dude, im very serious, even a blind guy can see that. This game needs a lot of draw calls and the ability of rendering/feeding from multiple cores. Mantle can provide all this, the alternative to mantle will be DX12, witch is, lets say, a copy from mantle, a lot of the mantle code, is exacly the same of DX12.

The devs made horrible choices dude, that´s why the game is dying day, after day. Is sad, but true.
    • Up x 2
  3. Paulus

What do you consider low FPS?

With the spec in my Sig, I get between 45 and 120 FPS (depending on continent and fight conditions). I hate to generalise and say it's all down to your CPU, but AMD doesn't seem to like the way PS2 works as much as Intel chips do.
  4. Toxicmix1

Paulus, you drop to 45 under massive battles because te api is hiting the limit in terms of draw calls, don't letting the cpu to process more data. Is not the cpu it self.

Your cpu CAN DO MORE.

I have my i7 at 5.05 ghz and still hit those same 45 under massive conditions.

Man, the funny thing is if you notice, the last, lets say 8 months, the population on the servers are no longer at high, I remember at the begining crazy battles of 300-400 guys, crazy stuff. dropping to 20 fps lool, ....You no longer see that, people slowly go away, the devs had promised a lot, and non of the promises can be achieved with an api that easily hits the limit.

I can tell you, under thouse massive battles, a game like this needs a lot of data, you really need to process all that data in a certain window of time, other wise you will end with really crappy frames, withc is what hapens. The api simply strokes the cpu. I don't remember very well of the limit, but I would say around 3000 calls per frame, witch is really crappy.

With hundreds of players the only and viable way to pass this wall, is simply having more calls available. Devs can group calls or simply remove stuff from the game, but lets be honest, this is planetside 2 damit, I want an epic game, I want to be in a massive battle of 400 players with beautiful graphics, a lot of different meshes and textures.

WE NEED MANTLE GUYS, OR DX12, very quickly, this will be the only way to save our game.
    • Up x 1
  5. Paulus

I know why I drop Toxicmix1, the thing is I don't mind, 45FPS is acceptable to me due to the heavy fighting. My point was we don't know what FPS the OP is getting, nor what they consider acceptable.

I appreciate the game could be better, but really, I don't need more than my current range of 45-120FPS for the game to be playable.
  6. mrtippmann

sorry for not responding, i get around 10 - 60 in any fight and it sucks, its hard for me to play anything below 50, the funny thing is when they said they where going to make it for playstation 4 thats when they started to optimize it for amd because the ps4 uses amd cpu and gpu
  7. Kirppu1

That's where the money is