Honestly, I really think that the Prowler is better than the Vanguard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Jul 1, 2014.

1. =ADK= Turrican13

Put a Vanguard one-on-one against either a Prowler or a Magrider and it loses, hands down.
  2. Wildclaw

Weapon damage modifiers against tanks
    • +50% - Medium ordnance (Halberd, Enforcer) vs MBT
    • +15% - AP ordnance vs Prowler
    • +13% - AP ordnance vs Vanguard
    Prowler
    • EHP: 12500
    • Halberd vs Vanguard: 1500 damage/2.75s
    • AP vs Vanguard: 2x1412 damage/3s (projectiles fired at 0 and 0.5s)
    • Anchored AP vs Vanguard: 2x1412 damage/1.8s (projectiles fired at 0 and 0.5s)
    Vanguard
    • EHP: 14814 + 7407
    • Halberd vs Prowler: 1500 damage/2.75s
    • Enforcer vs Prowler: 750 damage/1s (reload 2.75s after 8 shots)
    • AP vs Prowler: 2386 / 3.5s
    TTK
    • Prowler (Anchor) + Halberd vs Vanguard(Shield): 9.5s (12 AP+4 Halberd)
    • Prowler (Anchor) + Halberd vs Vanguard: 5.5s (8 AP+3 Halberd)
    • Prowler + Halberd vs Vanguard: 9.0s (7 AP+4 Halberd)
    • Vanguard + Halberd vs Prowler: 8.25s (3 AP+4 Halberd)
    • Vanguard + Enforcer vs Prowler: 7s (3 AP+8 Enforcer)
    I hope I didn't make any mistakes. It is quite a lot of numbers.
    • Up x 2
  3. Alarox

Those numbers look about right to me.

They seem to match the math I've done in the past, and they also seem to line up with the in-game testing I've done.

Edit: Actually, there are two problems I notice from a glance.

1.) It only takes 3 AP shots and 3 Halberd shots to kill a Prowler to the front. So still 7s like with the Enforcer.

2.) The Anchored AP Prowler's cycle isn't 1.8s It is 2.04.

It has a 2s reload base, so multiplied by 0.52 (48% reduction) we get 1.04s. Then add the 1s because of the shots.
  4. Wildclaw

Both tanks in my comparison have reinforced front armor so they can sustain more damage. Without that, the EHP would be 10810 and 12500 respectively.

Actually, the 0.5s reload speed reduction is added after the anchored modifier, so you get a full 0.5s benefit from it even in anchored mode. (reload speed modification makes a huge difference for anchored prowlers thanks to that)
  5. Alarox

1.) An interesting choice since this makes it harder to apply directly to an actual fight, but not a big problem.

2.) I didn't know that was the case. That's pretty interesting if that's true. Did you test that yourself?
  6. DevDevBooday

Prowler is better because its TR.
    Simple as that.
  7. Axehilt

I assume killing the sunderer is worth more points by far, since I go for it aggressively every single time in order to win the battle for my empire, and still manage to end up with SPM that's much higher than average.

I do the same thing with vehicle elimination (AP+Walker is like 80% or more of my solo Prowler pulls) so I wouldn't mind that trait of your outfit. But the point is that vehicle elimination and then moving on to the next base where friendlies need vehicles killed is why I have great SPM. And again, I can't judge BWC based on seeing them operate one time, but the one time I tagged along with them I watched them randomize between bases for 10-15 minutes with literally zero solid engagements against enemy forces with ~3 bases across that continent that really could've used them (I know because I'd just come from a couple of those bases.)

What matters to me is winning. Great SPM just happens to be earned when you push hard for a win.
  8. Shagz

People forget to have fun and play the game.
  9. Wildclaw

Yes. Tested 100 shots in VR with and without anchored mode and with and without reload speed. But I can't take credit for the discovery. I learned it from someone else and simply tested before I spent certs on my reload speed.

I obviously recommend anyone upgrading Prowler reload speed to do the same test in VR and make sure that 100 shots (use ammo cert) fired as quickly as possible in anchored mode takes somewhere between 90s and 100s (90 being the theoretical optimum if you always click exactly on time). When you spend over 2000 certs maxing reload speed, you really shouldn't trust what anyone says on a message board.
  10. ColonelChingles

Yea, I think my original math was incorrect... it certainly doesn't match testing that I've done now. :oops: