nano weave amour

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Jason Ender, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jason Ender

so I haven't played in like a year and it looks like they removed the nano weave amour and reimburse us so now I'm wondering what i should get nano weave amour or something else
  2. Casterbridge

Depends on what your doing, for an engineer I'd rate nanoweave as pretty low on the list of priorities though, but again it really depends on how you are using your engineer.

Flak is usually a good starter, especially if you like to support by repairing max units and vehicles since generally speaking grenades, rockets and other explosive things are going to be shot in your general direction. It's also not bad when driving or gunning for vehicles in case you need to hope out and repair. Even when pushing on foot it's incredibly useful.

After that it all comes down to preference, any of them can be situationally useful, me I tend to go grenade bandoleer with stickies.
  3. Village

Utility belt
  4. Mongychops

If you're going to get one suit slot for the Engineer, it should probably be Flak Armor. The change from nanoweave giving extra HP to just bullet resistance to non head-shots has severely reduced its usefulness. Whereas Flak Armor has been changed to give you direct hit resistance to AV weapons, with Flak 5 you can survive a direct hit from a Halberd or a Bulldog, for example.
  5. StumbOz

Flak armor. Hands down, no doubt about it. Whether you're repping armor and MAX units in open areas, or supporting front lines in a tower bash it helps you survive when you should have died.
  6. Vikingo

Flak or Nanoweave, depends on what kills you the most when you play engineer. I have both maxed and use them on different loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  7. starlinvf

List of most useful Engineer suit slots.

Utility Pouch: Because 5 tank mines or 3 AP mines can be placed, and left to their own devices. You can swap out to any loadout later on, and they will still be there. I can't tell you the number of times I've gotten random kills from mines I've placed even 30 minutes prior at the edge of a hot zone.

Flak: Best general purpose option for repair work, as it protects you from the explody things that tend to go after repairable things. Its cheap to max out, and very helpful any place you expect to see Nade or rocket spam.

Adv Shield Gen: Minimizes down time in fire fight situations, and helps take advantage of Carbines fast reload, and the Ammo packs unlimited supply of bullets to setup firing nests, or to simply help keep you mobile. Pairs good with Med kits if you don't feel the need to carry AP mines or C4, or you can supplement that with a Regen implant if you do want explosives. Also cheap to max out.

Not useful:

Ammo belt: You have an ammo box, so why bother?
    Nanoweave: The cost is step, and none of your abilities synergize well with it. Since you aren't expecting to be the spear head, its hard to justify the cost.
    Nade Bandolier: This in here mainly due to the high resource cost of Grenades. This may change with the new Nanite pool, but for now I rarely find a situation where I'd need more then one Sticky.