Faction Jumper Killed My Squad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SSRemly, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Phyr

Kill him back. (again) Why is this a thread?
  2. SSRemly

reporting doesnt work, public attention does.
  3. Phyr

No it doesn't. What are we going to do about it?
    • Up x 1
  4. Fellgnome

/report doesn't do anything, but opening a ticket can.

Also it's generally best not to even respond to players like that in tells or in /yell. Attention is what they want, don't give it to them.

It's possible someone in your outfit did something to get him to the point of hopping over and TKing as well, /taunts or insulting tells or whatever - even if they weren't being serious about it. Adding insult to injury is often what leads to this kind of incident.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shadowomega

Shaming on the forum can lead to a deleted post by one of the mods. Continued shaming can lead to the inability to use the forums. Just fyi. So just report and move along, and take solace in the fact you ticked them off that much.
  6. Eyeklops

Two weeks ago while I was playing TR on Matty and some butt hurt POS was waiting for damaged aircraft at the gate and blowing them up with Deci's as they landed for reps. This went on for literally an hour. AN HOUR! I reported him when he got me, an HOUR later he was still at it.

The grief system needs to be adjusted for this, like SERIOUSLY adjusted. I get that once in a blue moon a friendly vehic might eat a friendly rocket, and coincidentally be low enough on health, or not have enough health, to survive. HOWEVER, after a player kills TWO friendly (non-flash) vehicles by any means within a short amount of time they should be weapon locked for 10 min. PERIOD. Second offenses in a 24 hour period should be an automatic 6 hour weapon lock (if possible, on ALL players associated to that MAC address). Third offense in a week should be a mod reviewed account perma ban. By "offense" I mean killing two friendly vehicles by any means within some short time duration. Obviously vehicles the player owns, has driving privileges on, or belongs to an outfit mate should be exempt.

Maybe my suggestions is a bit extreme, but I was awestruck by the volume of friendly vehicles this player could destroy in such a short duration and not get weapons lock.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jalek

When you break up a nest of people with a turret and get a bunch of extreme menace bonuses, it's best to just redeploy and avoid the drama when one or more flip factions. Happens all the time.

I don't know about faction cooldowns but there should be an automated TK tracking that will accumulate a long-term lock if their killboard hits like 40% friendlies or something. Some seem to only play one faction to TK.
  8. Jalek

The only lock I ever got was shooting my own harasser inside the WG. It must be more forgiving now.
  9. Konstantinn

They need the old system from planetside1 where you can forgive TKer or not. Forgiven TKs should count towards weapon lock as much as it is right now under current system. Unforgiven TKs should be worth a lot more. Like 3-5 unforgivens in an hour = weapon lock.

Should be modified a little to give forgive/don't forgive option if friendly took out your vehicle. Also, I do not know if it does not or not, but weapons lock should apply to all characters on account. Regardless of faction or server.

Pretty much all TKs in last 6 months I would have forgiven. Minus one guy who I accidently shot for like last 10% in a fire fight, he kept spawning and coming after me for next 20 min, somehow without getting weapons locked.... I never even fired at him again, even apologized at first. Then another guy who obviously cross factioned ran around putting mines on friendly sunderers and blowing them up. Weapons lock doesn't seem punishment enough for those kind of people, taking out of gene pool would be more appropriate, but I'd settle for weapons lock so they can't keep doing it for long.
    • Up x 1
  10. iller

People have been saying for a lot longer that making different faction alts on the same server with the same IP address shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. ....bit of a moot point now with so many servers being merged but it was a good point back then
  11. Dasubur

I'm sorry you had to go through that, unfortunately there are *** hats like that.
  12. EGuardian1

Talk to whoever the outfit leader is. I'm serious, if it's truly a 'respected' outfit, then they'll take action. I've had to take action myself for my outfit and we've done the same to others who've done the same to us. Best thing you can do.
  13. Spartan101

I can do you one better, I got a squad to switch factions to tk. They also made a mockery outfit.[/quote]
    • Up x 2
  14. Caserion

There once was this TR idiot that killed friendly Harrsers with his own Harraser because he didn't like Harrasers...

I quickly whispered a Vanu ''friend'' and his allies to hunt him down with scythes after i kept giving his position. Glad not all Vanu are full cheese mode on Woodman.
    • Up x 1
  15. libbmaster

That has no effect.

Unless they are, like, under 50 people, keeping tabs on every new recruit is next to impossible.

Crazy has a tendency to slip through the cracks.

EDIT:

Your story warms my heart.
  16. SSRemly

They did take action. Someone from the outfit made a post on my reddit thread explains that they do not tolerate this kind of thing and that they removed him from the outfit.
  17. uhlan

Yeah, go through the motions of reporting, but it does very little good.

There will always be people like this. More-so in PS2 as many aspects of the game can be really frustrating.

Those players who ride the edge of sanity or social norms in RL take it especially hard.

Even those players who you'd think wouldn't stoop this low fall prey on occasion.

Yesterday, while defending the "Palisade" there were several NC dug in like ticks around the SEU building. My comrades (we'll call them "lemmings" for this example...) were charging the building piecemeal and getting wasted and retreating to the spawn shield.

So, I grab a rocket and fire near the building when it hits a friendly who decides to make a last ditch charge with his pop gun into the teeth of the NC.

I immediately apologize over voice ( I always apologize when I kill a friendly and make attempts to revive), but before I can even write a word in chat to that player. I get TK'd by his outfit mate then, after spawning TK'd again by the player...

Now, mind you, I had been defending the base and racking up some nice kills since the battle began when there was only a few of us and a horde of NC with armor. Long before these guys ever arrived.

So, yeah, the game is frustrating and it's not only the enemy you have to worry about, but also players who have been "conditioned" to respond in certain ways because of bad gameplay by others.

People are very childish in this game and ego's are bruised easily.
  18. JibbaJabba

Report using the support website.

I had this happen before and you are now unable to find those players on the stat site (yep... SOE *deleted* them).
  19. Xien

Yeah you got him "so mad" he killed you. But he ruined your gameplay, and you're crying on the forums.