How I would fix Redeploy and make it Solo Player Friendly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naders, Jun 29, 2014.

1. DaninTexas

So just curious - how exactly do solo players ruin the game?
  2. Zentoco

If I can just touch on this part of your comment, which also holds true to the overall point of folks saying 'this isn't a solo game'.

I have two little kids and wife aggro, very little, but it is there. I'm in a great outfit on Emerald, (PXP) but I don't always even join an outfit squad because at a moments notice, I may need to just drop out of the game. I main a medic, I can't stand snipers or sniping, I follow the attack as best I can, redeploy when orderchat denotes it, etc. I play for the empire I'm on, but if I'm forced to join a squad, I'll VERY sadly be out of my favorite game.

Another hopefully not too long winded example. Everquest was a group game. Hell, I only got my cleric to 65 and started right after Kunark came out, but you tried soloing a cleric out of the starter zone? Painful. Yet look how many dr00ds and necro's there were soloing the heck out of things groups were 'meant' to fight. You can't change what people find enjoyable. And by dictating to them your idea of fun only adds credence to them being against you. Instead of telling them how to play, figure out how to make both (or all) sides happy.

With regard to solo players ruining this game, I hope I run across you on the field and help you out when I'm not in a squad. Because trust me, I heal and rez my conglomerate butt off when I play. I'm usually at the top of the score board (MEANINGLESS) just denoting my score is done via healing and rezes sans any, if few kills.
  3. zaspacer

I quit EQ when they locked out solo play in PoP. (and small group play as well)

I am ok with group and raid/outfit gameplay. Even though they tend to detract from the massive group vibe of each faction, because they are typically doing their own (much smaller) thing by themselves. But I HATE when said players ask the game to be tuned to the exclusion of solo players or others different from themselves.

But having worked with SOE people, I know they are obsessed with group play. And it's very likely they will continue to give groups special perks and continue to push solo players out of the game.

At least with that I can join an outfit, join a platoon, join a squad... and then ignore them and go do my own thing.

I have no interest joining a tiny cabal, and working together to overwhelm players who don't have the same in-game perks (deploy options, communication options, etc.). I prefer playing an opponent on a level playing field, and enjoying the game within a massive team.
  4. Naders

This game does just fine for solo players and you have to appeal to them as well. If you think they ruin this game then you have lost all credibility in my opinion. The changes I mentioned are not for the solo player returning though, you have misread that. You clearly have not read my whole post and should reread it as it specifically deals with the flow of logistics while keeping stuff like instant action for solo players to easily get into a fight.
  5. Zombekas

Just make it so that players can spawn in all controlled bases and sunderers from their faction, the current "nearby bases and then one or two random bases" thing makes no sense :confused: