Which continent should SOE make next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diodeone, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Diodeone

Forseral:
    [IMG]
    Cyssor
    [IMG]
    Ceryshen
    [IMG]
    Searhus
    [IMG]
    Solsar
    [IMG]
    Old Oshur
    [IMG]
    IshuNDAR= INDAR
  2. Pikachu

They will make Searhus. There are already props in the files. Before that they have to finish Hossin and Nexus and start working on the other 2 battle islands. Then maybe they can start on Searhus.
    • Up x 1
  3. ReformerTR

I wanna Go to Oshur and use my sweeper please.
  4. Macho

My personal favorite was Oshur... loved that continent. Was sad when they removed it. Plus we already have a desert continent.

I think Searhus would be fun because of the layout... The continent is a Volcano... come on, that'd be cool.

Cyssor would be nice because it was huge, open fields. With the high density of bases released on Hossin, I'd really like to see some distance between cap points. It'd be a nice difference.

But all this is so far out there... still it's fun thinking about it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Corporate Thug

I would be in favor of them redesigning Indar so that it doesn't require as much time. Instead of the crown they should replace it with an Interlink facility as well.
    • Up x 1
  6. Diodeone

Great points.
    • Up x 1
  7. axiom537

God, look at the beautiful maps. SOE just reskin the old PS1 maps. We do not need a base or outpost ever 250m...
    • Up x 1
  8. patricio_z

LOL next map
  9. John_Aitc

I think in some long ago, far away road map, Searhus was the next continent.Before that happens, I hope the following will be completed:
    1. Battle Islands (to make a true continent locking system)
    2. Resource Revamp (Meta play and will have an affect on the population balance problem)
    3. Finish the Mission System. (Meta play)
    • Up x 1
  10. Munq

My favorite was Searhus. If they are really making it next, I can't wait. It was great imo.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

Searhus would get my vote, although tbh I liked them all (including orginal Oshur).
    • Up x 1
  12. mavix

Searhus. They have lava already WIP. We are getting some enviro hazards so a full hazardous continent is next.
    • Up x 1
  13. libbmaster

They could do any, it would be fine by me!

Though I mostly want to see less bases, and see them more spread out.
  14. NinjaTurtle

Searhus

Most the others look like slight variations of Indar :/ eww
    • Up x 1
  15. ExarRazor

I thin they could cut down on the amount of work needed for a new continent by simple copy/pasting ps1's continents, then working on updating them gradually to ps2 graphical standards

its pretty much a win-win for everyone

the players get more places to kill people, the game gets more continents

ah to hell with it

simply take all of planetside 1, port it over to whatever engine ps2 uses, keep the ps2 shooting mechanics, use everything else from planetside 1. update the graphics over time to be up to par with ps2. there you have a virtually perfect game. the engaging gameplay and meta of ps1 with the fast paced action of ps2.
  16. Tommyp2006

These, along with the directive system, are all things slated to come out this year. I highly doubt we'll see Searhus until at least the end of next year, if they actually decide to go through with making it at all.
  17. Maelthra

If it were my choice, I want Cyssor (provided it has real water I can float my Magrider across). I suppose Searhus is also good (the assumed next continent since there seem to be Searhus assets in the terrain editor) as long as it has real lava I can float my Magrider across :) (sense a theme here?)
  18. FishMcCool

Searhus!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1