Need more limitations on deployment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Axehilt, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Konfuzfanten

PS2 isnt a true MMO, its a giant teamdeath match. That you, and a few others, think that we need more carebear elements, instead of better ways of killing each other, shows that you dont seem to get the concept of a FPS.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tuco

That's not logistics. Spawning out of thin air is not logistics, no matter how many spawn out of thin air, or how many restrictions of spawning out of thin air there is.
  3. Icedude94

I'm sure when SOE introduced the current re-deploy mechanics, they made it so that the more casual gamers who often play solo can get into fights more quickly.

The end result is outfit shenanigans. Squad leaders will re-deploy to a base under attack first in order to exploit that every squad member can spawn at the base where the squad leader is at.

It's exploited even further by spreading out a squad and passing the squad leader role around to facilitate rapid re-deploys.

Just take away all abilities to re-deploy out of your lattice link. Being able to deploy a base or two back and to the nearest major facility by lattice is perfect for supporting dedicated vehicle drivers in combined arms play and should remain in the game.

If you want to change to a base in a different lattice lane, then you at least have to drive/fly to that hex. Make large forces commit to attacking lanes rather than single bases. It'll bring back combined arms play.
  4. Astriania

It's necessary that casual players can deploy somewhere near a fight fairly quickly, at worst one base away from a decent fight. However, allowing anyone to spawn in to any frontline territory at any time (through reinforcement markers or squad deploy, this is still pretty much the case) means we get 'redeployside' and that's bad for everyone.

I've suggested a couple of ways to avoid it:
    - Spawn timers depend on how many people are spawning there, or the more brutal
    - Disallow spawning from outside the hex into a spawn room if the control points are contested
  5. Jaloro

The problem is that "Reinforcements Required" was put in before the lattice to try and funnel players into fights, instead of dispersing all over the map back in the hex days.

Frankly, with lattice it is now redundant and needs to go.

My solution would be to put in home bases from PS1 (almost like bind points/hearthstone from other games) and only allow you to instant action, redeploy to bind or redeploy to the warpgate.
  6. Schwak

Some bases it's totally the opposite. Some bases are designed so it's almost impossible to push out once the enemy has it camped in. There is one base on amerish where you are basically spawn in a garage with 1 way out that gets camped by engi turrets and MAXs with ease. The teleporter takes you to a platform type area with a 30m sprint to the nearest cover. It's sad that almost 2 years after the game is released we are still experiencing this ********.
    • Up x 2
  7. Frostiken

I also realized another reason to remove redeploy - it effectively adds a second 'meta lattice' to the game: terrain and road connections.
  8. DK22

The FPS aspect is only one of many,
    just because you only play that one way, doesn't mean others don't do different things.
    I spend more than half my time not shooting, but doing support.
  9. Axehilt

Sure, but generally the battle favors the defenders because of the hard vs. soft spawn thing. And in general the level designers have been making awesome content for PS2, even if there are slip-ups from time to time. Sunderers in those circular wall towers also tend to be a little too defensible, and that's bad too. (Not to mention biolabs.)
  10. DatVanuMan

I might be one those teleportation soldiers:p, but I like how you aren't suggesting any nerfs to the system, and instead are adding multiple ways to make strategy a bit more rewarding. Good job, man!
  11. DatVanuMan

Hey, man! All they have to do is add some things that suit their wants, while keeping your wants out of it. I may not be TOO strategic, but come on, just a bit helps:)
    • Up x 1
  12. DatVanuMan

Adding to it the fact that you can't spawn in the really good fights anymore:(
  13. DQCraze

My suggestion for this problem is pretty simple.

As long as the cap point timer is on your faction logo you can spawn there from anywhere. After it has flipped to the attacking faction you need a mobile spawn point to spawn in, obviously if you are defending the base you would be able to use your spawn room for respawns until the point completely flipped.
  14. Schwak

That's actually not a bad idea. Could use a little fine tuning in terms of holding the point for a certain amount of time before allowing spawns and such but that's a pretty good start.