[VIDEO] Flanking Manouvers (Magrider Montage)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paqu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Paqu

Now that we can actually break off from friendly zerg without being instantly chased down by liberators which were everywhere before the recent nerf, we have returned to do something we have liked to do the most with the Magrider. Going behind the enemy lines and blow stuff up. Hope you enjoy. :)

• Up x 6
  2. Linus

Now imagine that all the Vanu who drive Magriders finally wake up and realize how much flanking is powerful.
    The day they will stop to use this vehicle as a frontline artillery unit then the Vanu will have a devastating ground force.
    I pray for this day.
    • Up x 3
  3. Slandebande

I too love the sound of anchored Prowlers firing in the other direction. So easy to pinpoint their locations and so many free certs :) Very enthusiastic voice comms as well, I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Have you ever tried using the hill between XR and Broken Arch? I've had some good experiences up there, and my crew has actually dubbed that specific hill the "peter2 hill" due to a Miller Vanguard driver who seemingly likes that hill a great deal ;)

Edit: Oh and to the people whining about tankers: This is what being a tanker involves, and the play-style we enjoy. The people doing nothing but farming infantry at bases are NOT what I would define as tankers, more like farmers (which are found in most aspects of the game, be it ground vehicles, aircraft, MAXes, snipers etc etc.
    • Up x 1
  4. Village

Nice! I flank 100% of the time when i'm in tanks, always using Stealth and AP weapons. Saron is great for the surprise close range unload but most tankers i know swear by the Halberd.

Any opinions on which you would choose to fully cert first between Halberd and Saron on the Magrider, before i choose myself?
  5. Alarox

That was awesome. I love seeing these kinds of videos, especially with the Magrider.

Flanking often relies on your allies making a front line so your enemies are distracted and stuck in one place.
    • Up x 1
  6. Linus

Everything is good as a bait ;)
  7. lawn gnome

do i count? i farm tanks with my heavy assault and C4 charges.

the video was great and we need more magrider drivers to watch videos like this.
  8. Paqu

I hope not too many as otherwise enemy will learn to watch their flanks = less certs and epic moments for us. :D

XR? You mean the Xenotech labs? If so yes I have been there several times. We had a nice moment there at the same time when that crossroad flank was done. Not much killing happened, but some special moment anyways, I'll put it on part 2.

About the tanker part. Yeah I agree. When we go on these flanks that is also the time when we often stumble to other skilled tankers that are trying to do the same for our team. And those are the hardest ones to beat as well ofc. But when we do get to position what do we have up against? Not so skilled tankers who are so focused on shelling the crap out of that tower or spawn room that they dont even realize when other tanks start blowing up around them. And even if they do realize, their HE cannons really cant harm us.

I have had Saron since the launch and dispite all its changes and nerfs I would still pick it if I had to choose now. However Halberd is a solid option also. Cant go wrong with either one. They just have different strenghts.

Halberd is better at range, but Saron is better at close range. Also Saron can instagib lightnings from the rear if all 6 shots lands + AP round. Its so much fun to sneak right behind them and blow them up before they even realize what just happened. With Halberd + AP combo the lightning will be left on burning state.

And of course Magrider just doesn't look right without the Saron on top.

That is true. But its just often sad to see there really isn't noone even trying. I mean just like in that Crossroad flank part. We had 48+ friendly zerg down on the canyon of the Broken Arch road who got farmed by all those Prowlers up on the Crossroad hill. All it really took was to pull a Magrider from the Crown and bam you are behind all of them. Much shorter route to get to action than pulling the Magrider from the Tawrich Tech Plant.