All of the new content was disappointing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wade-D, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Eyeklops

QFE!!!
    • Up x 2
  2. libbmaster

"I should be allowed to play on any continent I want, whenever I want!" Said the BF4 player who is used lobbies that play one map with one game mode 24/7.

Planetside 2 does not share many things with the arma series. The one thing it does share, however, is epic game play that necessitates a certain number of frustrating game mechanics.

If you want to have a planet wide war, people need to have some incentive to take territory. This produces massive, epic battles at the cost of you not always getting to play where you want.

If you want huge convoys and massive fights in-between bases, you cannot have a spawn system that allows people to pop in wherever they find it convenient. (Okay, that needs some work).

Point being, if you try to scrub out those last frustrations, you end up accidentally taking out what makes the game fun as well.
  3. Ronin Oni

Yes, yes it does.

But yeah, I feel like people just expect PS2 to be an over-sized lobby shooter.

It's not, it's supposed to be a living world, with moving front lines.
    • Up x 1
  4. libbmaster

front lines that you have to move to!
  5. Ultimatestormer

I have been looking forward to the outfit changes for months, and was absolutely ecstatic when they finally arrived. Could the changes be better? Sure. Did they improve the outfit experience, at least for me? Absolutely, no questions asked. The system once someone is in an outfit is still lackluster at best, but recruiting changes are wonderful, as is the ability to pick an outfit decal. Is it annoying that it costs money? Sure. Would it be better if we could upload custom outfit decals? Absolutely. But this update was undeniably an improvement for outfits.

Sure, you may argue that outfits aren't necessary for the game, and are a waste of time, but I believe that the majority of players are in outfits (no statistics backing me up here, just observation), and I know that there are many players that wouldn't still be playing if they didn't have an outfit they enjoyed running with. And hey, if you don't enjoy outfits or squads because you find them to be largely lead by squeekers (never experienced this myself, but hey, who knows), then don't run with them. Just don't make our experience worse for it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

What reinforcement points should become are areas of bonus XP and transport XP...

Needs a couple systems in place...

Galaxies need to be able to mark where they're going so people can see at a glance which "cab" is going where with countdown till liftoff.

Showing up to a region under attack in need of reinforcement (still displayed on map, but NOT global redeploy) gives you bonus XP for the duration of your stay.

Transport pilots get flat rate "troop deploy" XP for every player dropped into the region, + normal XP for every kill they get after deploy until first death.

Harassers and Flashes need to be made cheaper to help players quickly and reliably cheaply, move from base to base. Remove timer from Flash (refund that cert line now) and reduce Harasser timer to current flash timer. (I know timers are being removed eventually anyways)

Sqd Ldr "Attack/Defend" markers can be used to help dynamically create reinforcement points
    • Up x 1
  7. NinjaTurtle

I think all the new content was perfect. Was exactly what the game needed
    • Up x 2
  8. Ronin Oni

Get Decal approved by player studio

???

Select it for Outfit Decal and Profit
    • Up x 1
  9. Ultimatestormer

It's currently pending, but to my knowledge there is no way to actually get it either in game, or to be outfit specific (yet). Enlighten me if I'm clueless though, I'd love to be proven wrong and to get our own decal in.
  10. Ronin Oni

Well, you have to wait on approval, but that will ALWAYS be the case.

They don't want a bum rush from some internet community that makes all new accounts, creates an outfit and uploads a dik emblem, then does everything they can to get it on as many bases as possible.

Once it's approved, you can chose it for your outfit. There's currently no way to lock it to ONLY your faction right now I think.... but that will likely be an enhancement down the line for content creators to choose to lock their decal to a single outfit, and MAYBE prevent non-outfit players from buying/equipping.... but that's all hypothetical at this point.

I CAN tell you that A) You can submit decals to player studio and B) you can set a player studio decal as your Outfit decal
  11. Mastachief

Not yet. But soon.

As for the OP.... don't feed the trolls.

Hossin is great, bring on searhus and the lava. There would be no game without outfits, the players would have already left for callofbattlefield45632. Outfits are central to the fights, if you aren't in one you are doing it wrong.
  12. Ultimatestormer

Since the decal (it's in my signature) has text on it and is specifically for the outfit, it's not accepted under standard decal submission guidelines (I think), so it will stay pending until outfit specific decals are implemented. And it's been pending for months, so that's a thing.
    • Up x 1