Continents that unlock are completely reset.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puppy, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Puppy

For those who haven't seen yet, continents that unlock are reset fully. The work you did to capture those benefits and bases are reset when it's unlocked.

I suggest that the factions continent that gets unlocked should stay their continent benefit until taken by the enemy faction.

Another idea we've been talking about is not resetting bases to 33/33/33%. The faction who captured the continent before would have the most bases while the two, newer, factions would have less. Possibly the faction who captured the other continent gaining more bases then the other.

This gives more chance to keep a continent benefit then currently. Currently if you loose one alert, you loose the continent you were fighting on, and the one you may have owned previously. All in one swoop. We don't feel that's right.

Anyway, opinions welcome. Don't like the idea? How can it be improved or changed? Contribution is grand. :3
  2. Bankrotas

Who's "we" ?
    • Up x 1
  3. Yuukikun

His hairy hand and him.
    • Up x 3
  4. Puppy

Some friends of mine. Didn't think it was related enough to talk about. Anything on topic? :3
    • Up x 1
  5. Aquintus

fair 1/3 share everyone is the only option except for complete reset.
    And lose the benefit when it gets unlocked is okay.

Why? There are factions who took over two or more continents... give them all benefits until someone else locks all away from them?
    They are the stronger faction atm anyways... make them even harder to beat? Why? To prevent the others from have a chace?
  6. Puppy

Currently it seems it'll just be a gridlock situation. Only 2 continent benefits will ever be in use at the same time. In theory a faction, even if they win, loose. What kind of logic is that? Working hard to gain a continent and stop others just to loose another anyway.
  7. Aquintus

Why should they loose when they win?
    You got two continents, double bonuses.
    Even when you know win continent three you still win, as the others does not get the bonus as well.
    A faction who owns two continents or more at the same time is already supirior to the others. They do not need to be even stronger.
  8. NinjaTurtle

All bases should be reset to neutral NS affiliation

Completely clean slate
    • Up x 2
  9. Puppy

Basically, what I was trying to say was this:

With this continent lock system things are even less meaningful then before. Capturing continents only gives you them for 2 alerts. This short term win makes the work you did before you had to log off worthless in the morning when 2 alerts have already gone off.
  10. Linedan

True, but it's a fifty percent reduction in resources (or +25% xp on Hossin). That's pretty huge even if you only have it for a few hours.
  11. Puppy

Agreed, it is a lot.
  12. volth

Continental lock should only last for 1-2 hours, lol Indar have been locked in 12 hours now on Ceres.

Broken game :(
    • Up x 1
  13. MorganM

If you let the winners always hold their continent they will just surge in as soon as it's unlocked, lock it again quickly, and move back to the real fight. Taking continents will be very, very, hard. Especially since you couldn't thwart them in the first place to even prevent the lock. Now you think you stand a chance at pushing them back far enough so they loose control?

SOE has made the right decision with these rules.
    • Up x 1
  14. Regpuppy

The actual "unlocking" mechanism is fine as is, in my opinion. Especially with the massive scale of these bonuses. 50%, which effectively doubles the worth of all of your resources and all of your resource gain.

>Doubles
    >For the whole faction
    >The faction that's likely overpopped
  15. Alizona

So in other words... the hour and a half or so I spent repairing EVERY turret on Indar yesterday after it got locked and I was literally the only player still on Indar... was wasted?

Nah, it wasn't wasted, I got like 80 certs out of it.

I thought for sure they'd kick us out of the locked continent, but nope. I could have stayed there forever (until it unlocked again) as long as I had a way to avoid the "disconnected for lack of activity" timer... no sleep for you!

It was pretty cool being the only player on the whole continent. There was one other NC guy shown on the map (50% for Vanu, 50% for NC, 0% TR), but I flew the whole map a few times and just could not find him. I have scout radar in my scythe so he should have been visible. Oh well. I finally go bored and left.
  16. Zorg

You could have used the "filter" feature (on your map screen) to show enemy activity, it would have shown you in which region the NC guy was.
  17. Alizona

Thanks zorg, what's oddest was that for the entire hour+, the game kept giving me a mission to defend a certain territory... and that territory was not where you might think, it was almost in the middle of the map, not near the warpgate where Vanu had closed out the continent lock. So I assumed this was where the player was, which was why the game was giving me a mission to defend the place. But my scout radar showed nothing there. Nothing anywhere. I finally decided it was a population error, it was off by one for NC for some reason, and I went to Hossin.

Sure was fun while it lasted. :) I enjoy solo'ing the game, my normal playstyle as an engineer. Luckily, when the lock happened, I had a scythe active, and I was the correct class (engy). At that point, I could play forever as long as I didn't die or crash my vehicle and had to walk/run everywhere. The best part was, when Vanu swept thru Indar, they didn't bother fixing very much... so I had TONS of stuff to repair. Boring for some, but for me I love soaking up the certs like that. I just play music and tune out. :)
  18. Puppy

It kinda surprises me that no one seems to care that continent locks are even shorter term wins then before. I thought people wanted a meaningful meta game when this makes whatever work you've done the last day completely worthless by tomorrow. Whatever you did yesterday means nothing. While before if you captured a continent you could expect it to be in your hands the next day more then likely. You'd have a chance to defend it. To keep it yours. This current situation is a constant stream of loosing all the work you've done, even if you win. I may be seeing that in the wrong light but I want something I do in a game to last and be meaningful to the gameplay. I'm not saying the current perks are small, they are huge in fact, but when you have to log off after fighting to get them, then knowing there is no way you'll have the continent tomorrow due to the alert system, it just feels like it's not worth fighting for.
  19. -Synapse-

What if the unlocked continent started with the locking faction controlling all territory but the two enemy Warpgates? That way it would actually feel like you're taking the continent back rather than just starting over. I don't know though, that might cause some issues with the territorial continent lock protocalls.
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

Fixed that for you.