Continent lock is bad for Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Jun 26, 2014.

1. dngray

A server with the population of Emerald suffers from a continent lock. Although the VS on Emerald already capped 2 continents (because GINYU FORCE RULES!) and Higby came by on a magic carpet and unlocked one of them, the congestion of players is terrible. We need four continents to thin out the player numbers. The waiting que to get into Hossin today was over 2 hours. Everyone was sitting in the spawn room C4ing their team. We need all four continents and I already miss Indar.
  2. FateJH

Unfortunately, you may find very little in the way of sympathy on the forums. All I can say, myself, is that PS1 is free to play.
  3. Serevn

It serves it's purpose of locking out Indar for long periods of time.
    • Up x 3
  4. Scataloni

FateJH,

Planetside 1 is free to play now?
  5. Frostiken

Seriously, mad props to the Vanu for sucking it up and taking the time to put a bullet in Old Yeller's head on that one.
    • Up x 2
  6. gregfox89

This was the release day of Hossin, and the Emerald merge was a few days ago, so it won't stay like this.
    • Up x 1
  7. dngray

Maybe it will get worse as new players start playing. I have already seen many smurf accounts of people checking out to see what the Emerald fuss is all about.
  8. Maelthra

We don't need Indar. RIP in peace Indarside.
    • Up x 3
  9. Keldrath

It's not going to stay like this and anything that gets people off Indar is a DAMN GOOD thing.

Indar needs to go away, locking it is a nice compromise, if it were up to me I'd just delete it altogether.
    • Up x 1
  10. dngray

Ugh whats with the Indar hate? I have had some great times on Indar...
    • Up x 3
  11. Tommyp2006

As much as you'll hate to hear this, you're going to have a hard time getting onto hossin for quite a while, even if they unlocked all 4 continents, everyone is still going to want to play on Hossin because it is new.

As for me, as a member, I never waited in a queue more than 3 players long.
  12. somePS2dude.

Mattherson takes alerts seriously since the battles are fun and intense. Alert participation is highly encouraged. The problem is when the alerts were on Esmair/amerish, sometimes a faction's pop would just hang out on Indar. This is where the hate comes from.
  13. Emotitron

The number of locked continents should adjust with current player population it would seem to make sense.
  14. VanuWarrior123

To take locking out completely is a bit drastic speaking from experience of the Helios/Connery merge things will be hectic for a few weeks till the devs can get a good feel for the average numbers and optimize appropriately. Of course Hossin doesn't help but that issues is game wide I waited 43 minutes to get to Hossin today. Either way give it a hotfix maybe two and you'll see things even out to nice semi-balanced fights(*cough TR/NC *cough) on all the unlocked continents.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

And this is why I said (for awhile) merge after continent locking and resource revamp :|
    • Up x 1
  16. Jeslis

Don't want to wait in que?

/upgradenow.
    • Up x 2
  17. randallt3mpd

Ya a huge percent of those will lose interest in a matter of weeks or days even and the pops will drop down again. They will still be higher than before merge and Hossin of course, but just give it some time.
  18. randallt3mpd

So have I. Its just overrated. I bet a ton of people havent even tried Amerish since the revamp. Seriously the bases are so awesome and interesting. Indar is still great, but people need to open their minds damnit! Variety and Dynamic content is critical for this game.
    • Up x 1
  19. IberianHusky

Because the Emerald VS is overpopped and unstoppable and wins everything by default.
  20. Forkyar24

cont locks should only be 2 hours at most.