PPA on Harassers Massively Overpowered in Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by come1l, Jun 26, 2014.

1. come1l

You are ignoring the problem. Everyone has ESFs. Everyone has AP MBTs/Lightnings. Yet NC/TR doesn't have anything even close to PPA-H.
  2. GaBeRock

I'd drool at the idea of anti-infantry flak, even if it didn't d much damage. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine.
  3. Stormsinger

I am extremely bored, and in some masochistic way, I find attempting to be reasonable with people who are clearly not willing to listen to be somewhat amusing.
  4. GaBeRock

so then offer buff suggestions for the marauder and canister, not nerf suggestions for the PPA.
  5. dstock

All the guns I mentioned are starting options: Saron, Mustang, Needler.

I like the Saron because of the no-drop/over-tight CoF, plus the quicker mag dump.

Doesn't really matter, lol.

You and me both. It also seems we both like the Kobalt Harasser, lol.

Not even close. I'm also full-quoting people when I reply, so they can see there is a conversation going. You should try it, instead of using anon quotes.

Anyways, everyone has Harassers, too. The current Enforcer is a low-mag/slow-refire PPA with an AV damage type, but it works exactly the same way. I parked mine on the walkway of NS Refinery last night and let my gunner farm a spawn with an ESAV weapon for 4 mins until we capped. With a good zoom, I can play a Vulcan-H the same way.

Let's take your logic and go the other way now. I'm competent with both NC and TR ESAV, using them as AI. The Saron is horribly crippled at AI, in comparison with the other two. Why should TR and NC get ESAV that can do AI, but VS is stuck with the Saron?

PS, before you reply, don't bother. Your entire thread is premised around a non sequitur, and as such, I think it should be locked immediately to cease wasting server power.

The issue is asymmetrical 'balance.' Let me spell it out:

TR:
    Short range AV
    Medium range AI

NC:
    Long range AV
    Short range AI

VS:
    Medium range AV (don't nitpick, it's good short/medium/long, but it excels at medium and variable distance engagements)
    Long range AI

See, each faction has a different composition for relative usefulness. The catch is, that while the PPA excels at long range, there's no drop, making it harder to get splash kills. The Marauder is the exact opposite. The Canister is just the red-headed step-child, is generall bad at everything (besides killing buggies), and should feel bad.
    • Up x 1
  6. Verenz

DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

Even ****ing TOUCH that the harasser is OP with ANYTHING.

There are 4 barely functional weapons (enforcer, saron, halberd, kobalt), a single good weapon (ppa) and then a pile of crap (basilisk, c85, marauder, vulcan, walker, ranger).

Anyone who does well with one is either extremely good or just in a really farmy position. If it's the former then congratulations, if it's the latter then you could easily accomplish the same with a lightning much easier.

It's a 300 res, 2 man vehicle which can only kill infantry. It better be pretty good.
  7. come1l

For the majority of my game time, I don't play as an infantry. But if my allied infantries are getting spawn-n-killed on a big scale, my vehicle gameplay might be affected as well.
  8. come1l

SOE doesn't seem to be able to make the "barely functional weapons" and "crap" not suck, so why not make the "single good weapon(ppa)" suck? It is really bringing NC and TR to a disadvantage in Hossin.
  9. Snicklefritzll

The stats were pulled from a BR100

My best guess?: He's damn good. Mustve had a good driver too, to be able to go in and out of the trees on Hossin.
    Driver+Gunner Coordination is more OP than any gun, especially with BR100s.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the gun is OP. I don't think you considered those factors in your post.
  10. Stormsinger

Thus far, we have accumulated 5 pages of individuals representing all factions, all of whom are informing you that you are incorrect. Your campaign has failed.

Thanks for helping me kill a few hours of my shift, it has been an amusing chat. Alas, it is time for me to head home, and I shall shortly not be in immediate possession of pants.

I shall leave you with that image. Have a nice afternoon / evening. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. come1l

I have been playing this game for a long time and I have lots of br>90 gunners on my friend list. The same non sense they achieved with ppa wouldn't be possible for a marauder or a canister.
  12. Ronin Oni

PPA only performs better in long range sustained bombardment.

In the fast hit-n-run on infantry packs, Fury (fully mag upgraded) is better IMO, and it leaves you with AV damage even.

I bought the Harasser Fury&Halberd bundle, I'll prolly never get any ES weapons on the Harasser... no point.
  13. come1l

You too have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night. It is 4 am where I am btw.
  14. come1l

The difference with the PPA is that, you don't need to hit-n-RUN. It's hit-n-farm for PPA.
  15. dstock

If you have a Halberd, Fury, and add a Walker (or Ranger, tbh), you won't need any ES weapons on it. Ever.
  16. come1l

You cant achieve the same non sense with Halberd, Fury, or Walker.
  17. Ronin Oni

Hit'n'run attacks? You most certainly can.

Again, the only thing the PPA excels at over all other AI weapons is long range sustained bombardment.
  18. dstock

Which all factions had, previously, until some genius decided the Kobalt should shoot at ESFs also...
  19. come1l

Saying that you can do the same thing with Fury or PPA is like saying that you can do the same thing with S1 or AV Turret(the old good one, not the nerfed one).
  20. Ronin Oni

In hit and run considerations only, YES YOU BLOODY WELL CAN DO THE SAME THING.

If you can't rack up 5 kills on a pack of infantry with 12 Fury rounds you're doing it wrong.

Run a circle around a tree and come back reloaded for more.

Exposure time in those attacks are short enough that the PPA's primary advantage, massive magazine, doesn't come into play really...

ONCE AGAIN: The only area the PPA is unequaled is in sustained long range bombardment where it can clip dump all 50 rounds on the same spot.