After patch, TB shouldn't be nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Macho, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Soques

Bad libs die to gals instead of retreating when outgunned. No one of merit is debating this.
    • Up x 1
  2. Soques

Because of a buff that was requested by no one, and protested by all active forum lib pilots. Now things are back to where they were except for the added weapon nerfs. I am sorry that was a bad experience for you. I like to tank also and agree that if a lib is on the deck it should be open season for MBTs.

Lets talk about what TB can kill in 1 mag (within damage falloff range, IE gun up ***)

Other Libs
    ESF

Tanks (Rear armor only)
    Harasser
    Flash
    Infantry
    Max

TB has been nerfed repeatedly since launch. 4-5 times now if memory serves. The point which is, it is necessary to fire at very close range. So we drive the liberator along the deck, and shoot the *** of a tank and it dies. Meanwhile, everything else in the area can open on the lib with simple aiming.

Risk/Reward.

Please define why you don't see this as that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flag

Oh I see the risks perfectly fine.
    It's the reward I have an issue with. When it's allowed to do damage, the reward/damage is too high/good.
    Just making it riskier isn't the way to go. Rather, make it less risky, but also lessen the reward.
  4. SNAFUS

With the incredibly large risk that comes with closing the gap for a tank bust nerfing the Tank buster would require a buff to ground resist. I just see to many libs right now getting out DPS by ground fire to really agree to nerfing that tank buster and not give the lib more resist to allow a longer dwell time.
  5. Soques

Examples please.
  6. Flag

Lower the damage, obviously.
    Then make it a bit easier to use it properly, such as improving damage drop, and maybe spread.

That's an example.
  7. GaBeRock

Then it becomes the vektor, and the vektor is crap. The lib needs a quick-unloading, high-Alpha nosegun to complement its bellygun.
  8. Flag

No, it's just not as extremely different as it is today.