24 hours after the merge, what were your first impressions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

Try turning off "Smoothing" in the graphics options if you haven't already. It shackles your FPS and lowers performance. I did this and was bumped from 55 to 90.
    • Up x 1
  2. Frostiken

So far half the battles I've been in have been 48+ v 48+. Which I don't know why people love so much, because being able to only see players ten feet away from me is idiotic.
  3. Corporate Thug

Thanks but it's already off. I suppose I will just have to change some settings around.
  4. TheShrapnelKing

First impression: huge battles. THIS IS PLANETSIDE.

Second Impression: The NC ******* suck and I hate playing with them.

Third Impression: The VS can't be stopped.
    • Up x 2
  5. Dis

Delicious. I wanted to top it with some creme fraiche.
  6. MorganM

I got on a little during prime time. Agreed the global pop wasn't bad; fairly balanced. What matters more is population balance down to continents and more importantly individual fights. Big zergs steam rolling around... typical... and boring for both sides.

It was cool seeing every continent lit up with mutliple huge battles. Personally I despise those fights and avoid them now but I can understand why some like them and they now have several to choose from; good for them. Increase in population accross the board means more fights that I enjoy: 24 or less on both sides, relatively even pop, at a base that doesn't suck. There's now more of these to choose from and I'm happy!

I was hoping to see more players on around 5 AM CST before most log on several hours later. I wasn't dissapointed and I hope this continues. There were three times as many fights to choose from where as in the past few months there were maybe 2 on the entire server! Literally... one on Indar and maybe one somewhere else; period. Then some jerk would destroy the attackers sunderer and the fight would be over. Really glad to see more people and more fun fights that I enjoy at all hours now.

Overall I'm not very impressed with the new players I see. At those early hours you tend to see the same players often. You get to know how good they are. A lot of new names with 60+ BRs and honestly not impressive. Tons of low BR people who generally suck but I expect that. Just an initial impression though; I'm sure I'll run into the good Matherson players soon and I look forward to it. It's honestly boring ventilating people who are little to no competition. Sorry if I sound like I'm talking myself up here; I'm honestly not that good... I enjoy some good spirited compeitition though and that's why I prefer smaller fights with good players instead of huge zergs of random death from every direction. I often msg people "good fight" or "nice kill" when they beat me in a straight up fight because I truly enjoy a good, even, fight.
    • Up x 1
  7. Selerox

I'm on Cobalt. So my first impressions are: Where is everyone?

Oh, that's right, Emerald.

There's talk of mass migrations over to Emerald just so people can find a server that isn't dead.
  8. GrandpaFlipfox

Here's a few notes from last night.

- Actual Planetside battles everywhere.

- It takes less than ten seconds to hit the ammo resupply XP cap when you can drop two maxed out ammo packs and have 50+ allies actively fighting.

- I didn't have to see Indar the entire night. Even when I logged back on afterwards to solo derp around in my Reaver at 2am for a little bit I still didn't have to go to Indar. :D

- Redeployside has never been more real. :(

- Mattherson NC needs to have their mics taken away. It's like every fight has an imitation Hammerboss in proxy chat running around. Emphasis on the imitation by the way because these twits have nothing on Hammerboss. I heard command chat was suffering a bit from them as well. Hopefully Waterson can quickly get things in order.

- I pubbed around with an Iron Wolves platoon and we pooped on everyone regardless of enemy redeployside attempts or population disadvantages. I didn't even know TIW had a platoons worth of players to field but I guess they didn't see a reason to go all out on Waterson. I'm seriously considering abandoning my mostly lone wolf ways and asking to join up with them.

- The old style single capture point amp stations need to die. Trying to take one from a large determined defense force is not fun in any way. And the open courtyards let tanks ruin the good fighting around the generators.

- The air battles on Amerish were glorious. I feel like I'm gonna have to run flares for the foreseeable future though just to counter Mattherson's over abundance of A2A missile derp pilots. Also composite armor, I'm gonna need better composite armor. I'll just have to live with the occasional disrespect deaths and learn to pick better repairing locations.

- I played with BCP's stream team for an hour or so. Was fun seeing Mattherson VS crap themselves and start spewing even more /yell chat nonsense than normal. Hopefully SOE doesn't fumble the coming update and chase The Enclave off for longer or worse, for good.
    • Up x 1
  9. KoS-1

Ummm you might want to rethink your statement about serversmash.
  10. Linedan

He's talking the regular ServerSmash series, not the special Waterson/Mattherson "MergerSmash." Das Anfall (Mattherson VS) were the first season ServerSmash champs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Badname707

I also have a character on Connery, so I'm pretty bummed out. From what I've seen, playing on Emerald is way too similar to playing on Connery. Initially I was just hesitant about letting Matherson's drama get into Waterson, but it seems that the higher pops just slow everything down way too much. Got bored of fighting the same bases fast. Got tired of platoons redeploying on us. Waterson NC is going to take quite some time to reclaim its former glory with so many Matherson ******** trying to show off their E-peens over command.

I'm thoroughly disappointed.
  12. LT_Latency

Love it, Glad to have lots of big battles back.

Logging off because there was no one to shoot was getting old
  13. crusaderx11

waterson vanu typically works together in a community teamspeak server
  14. Linedan

Gotta say, after two nights, I'm getting a bit worried for Emerald NC. TR have been kicking us in the junk with even pops straight up, first night on Amerish, then tonight early on Indar. Somebody fed those guys their Fascist Wheaties.
  15. Jeralamo

VS need to get more ESF pilots. I feel like the only one.
  16. Epic High Five

On Mattherson we just ignore the gigantic hellzerg megablob of TR and wait for them to go away on their own

Doesn't seem as bad now but when you see 4+ platoons in a single hex it's best to hit the old dusty trails

I've noticed exactly zero steamrolling at even or slightly skewed pops since the merger - outside of ridiculously defensible bases of course - compared to before when it was

I mean hell the global biolab alert was a ridiculous every-base stalemate almost the entire time that ended in a 3 way draw. The VS haven't won the majority of the alerts even including the wee hours. An actual 3 way draw!

Faction balance is looking good, I'm not sure what ShrapnelKing is going on about because from where I sit the NC is doing fine. Just how much did you Waterson NC guys steamroll everything to think that "generally coming out on top or tied for first" is a giant step down?

This part has been fantastic. It's been wonderful having near-complete air dominance everywhere as an NC. It's really stepped up my battle galaxy's lifespan

The VS on Mattherson only pull air to farm or zerg, the first example will never fight and the second will never stick around (because they will just bail and fight on foot as soon as they die). Makes it kinda tough but it appears they'll all blobbing together now so maybe progress?
  17. TheShrapnelKing

We're not coming out on top or tied for first unless we won an alert or something while I was out tonight. Every alert I've seen so far NC has either lost, or tied for 2nd with the TR.
  18. Epic High Five

http://ps2alerts.com/allalerts/Mattherson

Looks fine to me?
  19. Epic High Five

Fun fact: Mattherson TR haven't won an alert of any time at any time since the 21st
  20. Tommyp2006

I must say that it's really nice now instead of having to search for fights or wait for good ones to pop up, you pretty much just get to choose where you want to fight at.