The vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Popejustice, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Popejustice

They're bad. Tank deploy + vulcan = bored secondary gunner. Tank deploy + halberd = bored secondary gunner that can at least participate. Harrasser + vulcan = suicide against anything that's not already practically dead. I understand the harasser is a vulture of sorts, but i can tell you that i will engage full health enemy tanks with an enforcer harasser and win if they aren't paying attention. I guess i'm frustrated that since it's nerf 6 months ago the vulcan has been the least sensible weapon i've ever seen. The nerf was deserved, but I think a second look into this weapon is due. A little bit more reasonable COF and maybe MAYBE some extra range would help make it more viable. Doesn't seem unreasonable to nudge this weapon into a more viable option over the next few patches.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

You could try using it on a Prowler WITHOUT deploy. Run fire suppression, make use of that sorta stabilized turret. Not that the vulcan still isn't bad, you just can't try to use it the same way you use the Halberd/saron/enforcer.
  3. Ranik

A nice sentiment but despite the fanatical ravings of people like Durendal you really can't afford to use the Vulcan at it's current range. Setting aside that you have to approach people often in a defensive position there's the fact that you are putting yourself well inside infantry AV range.
    • Up x 3
  4. PKfire

Lockdown has absolutely no synergy with the ES weaponry. It's sad really.
    • Up x 3
  5. Goden

Live long and prosper
  6. CEGrif

dont forget about its maxium damage of only 10m
    • Up x 3
  7. Kunavi

BUT BUT BUT its theoretical* DPS is so biiiiiiiig! L2P!
    /Sarcasm

*As in, IF you go near, IF you don't get ambused while going near, IF you see them first, IF this IF that IF another, then it's an AWESAUMEZ WEPIN!
    • Up x 1
  8. hansgrosse

I'll trade you my C85 Canister for that vulcan. >.>
  9. MostlyClueless

You can trade the C85 Canister for the Marauder if you really want. Spoilers though, they're both terrible.

While I'm with you on it being useless on a Prowler I really have to disagree about the Harasser Vulcan. It's actually pretty good, you get behind someone and it'll rip up a lightning or Magrider in short order. Great for hunting down Skyguards and Viper lightnings especially.

Sure you can't take a Vanguard but what vehicle can? It's the Vanguard.
  10. Popejustice

So first of all the C85 Canister is the most hysterical weapon in the game. Not to mention our version the marauder from what i hear is arguably worse than the fury. Second i understand that a harasser vulcan at very close range CAN shred lightnings, however you can really only pick off the the guys who have really isolated themselves. You might say "but that's a harassers role!" Ya i sort of agree except with the enforcer i can participate in literally any fight and pick off stragglers to boot. Closing in on someone in a large fight is basically a trade off between your harasser and w/e vehicle you choose as all enemies around you say LOL and blow you to smithereens. Finally, at whomever mentioned no lockdown... i mean why wouldn't you? My experience in the prowler has taught me that failing to use deploy often results in an incredibly short life span. Sneak up on a vanguard? He just shields and you die. Sneak up on a magrider? He just magboosts out of range of your vulcan and blows you to pieces. I get that this isn't always the case, but my experience against skilled crews seems to often result in this. This also plays into why closing in with the harasser is bad on an MBT. Vanguard shields and magrider boosts away or just uses it's maneuverability to keep it's back away from you. I guess i'm frustrated because with an enforcer harasser there is nothing i can't take down when i want to except aircraft.
  11. Pikachu

Driving a MBT without MBT special ability?! Heresy!