[Suggestion] SOE, if and when you merge EU servers:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bankrotas, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

Can you do it before american prime time? Kthxbye!

Yes, this is complaint that you've waisted big part of EU primetime yet again. Yes, I am angry. No, I was expecting that.
    • Up x 10
  2. Maelthra

They'll probably do it during EU prime time. You guys seem to like that.
    • Up x 3
  3. Uberclocked

We DO!!!;)
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Not our fault that SOE is in the U.S. not Europe.
  5. RadarX

IF more server merges are done, which are not being discussed at the moment, it will require all servers come down so it will be a similar downtime window. Today ran longer than anticipated.
    • Up x 3
  6. Pikachu

At least the update on thursday will be fair, it will ruin everyone's prime time. :rolleyes:
  7. RyanGUK

It's SOEs fault that they don't have an EU base that manages their EU servers...

I fear that could incur the revival of Pro7 though :eek:
  8. Bankrotas

So what are you saying? That SOE doesn't think that 4 EU servers that have tiny healthier population (on average probably 100 more gamers on than US east servers) or equal one to Matherson and Waterson are fine as they are? Or that we are not as important to SOE as they baby americans are?

Majority of the downtimes run longer than anticipated. That's fine. And majority will. **** ***** up and there isn't much what you can do about it.
    • Up x 3
  9. Bindlestiff

This. There is a problem, battles are few and far between and the gameplay is stale as a result. It is the same people fighting at the same times over the same bases day in, day out.

I'm not entirely sure how the disjoin between the statistics and actual gameplay gets to be so big, but we see it not only with many balance choices but now it also seems in not discussing (some of the 4) EU server populations.

It is clear to many playing in the EU that dwindling pops spread out across 3 continents, and importantly with huge swings in population at times, just isn't working. I feel like I'm keeping on about this particular point every single day but the game needs full servers to deliver its promise and we simply do not have that right now and probably won't without a merge.
  10. Loken

I, and a few people I play alongside moved over to Mattherson a couple of weeks ago due to there being more accessible fights at times outside of 7-9pm GMT. The FOUR EU servers have more tumbleweeds in game than players. Can you please get these servers merged into TWO?
  11. Taemien

I wouldn't mind seeing all the EU servers merged into one, and Connery and Emerald merged. Especially with continent locking. Will eventually mean someone locks out Indar and the other two continents would have some massive fights since it will take a lock on one of them to open Indar back up.
  12. Shurrikken

wow, could you spit on europeans aka your second hand customers a bit more please? not even considering merging EU servers has to be JOKE, right?
  13. Sagabyte

Keyword: "at the moment"

They are real busy with hossin and cont locking right now so they don't have time to discuss server merges.
    • Up x 1
  14. RadarX

If you are looking for me to as specific as I can, what I'm saying is we aren't discussing EU server merges as of 10:25 PM PT on June 24, 2014.
    • Up x 10
  15. ironeddie

I find it hard to believe EU server merges haven't been discussed recently. It must have been talked about even informally. If the need to do an American server merge was recognised it must be pretty obvious to Higby that the need also exists over here in the EU.

If the thought really hasn't entered any of the devs minds then I hope RadarX sees this thread and brings it up. The players of the EU want merges.
    • Up x 1
  16. Selerox

I have some advice: start discussing them. Right now the EU servers aren't in a great place right now, they need a population boost and right now mergers are the only way to give people any kind of working game.

We're starting to lose EU players because people can't find a fight. You can fix that with server merges. We're going to need a very good reason as to why server merges are not being considered.

Sounds very much like EU customers are low priority yet again.
    • Up x 5
  17. vsae

EU servers are in a bad shape.
    Half people I know quit because Indarside and no fights on other continents outside alerts, which is boring.
    The other half did so because no content.
    C'mon, server merges are must at this point of time. Game is not attracting people in long term.
    • Up x 2
  18. St0mpy

Miller + Woodman (largest + smallest)

Cobalt + Ceres (the middle two)

Everyones happy, massive battles again
    • Up x 6
  19. KendoPS1

Well, start discussing it then, even if it's by the water cooler. This needs to happen.
    • Up x 4
  20. senondo

yeah then...start discussing.
    • Up x 1