If I delete a character, would I be able to create a character with the same name?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ADUILO, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ADUILO

If I delete a character, would I be able to create a character with the same name on a different faction and server?
  2. ironeddie

My assumption would be yes. But it might take a little time before your deleting the char shows up on the server, the server may not instantly show that name as untaken and globally available.
  3. ADUILO

I thought that too, but there was an update which apparently made all the deleted characters' names available and that confused me.
  4. ironeddie

Are character names even locked out globally? Or can you have a ReaverRevenge on woodman and say Matherson at the same time. Its not like the two characters would ever cross except in a server merge.
  5. Atis

Worked for me in March. I deleted VS on Miller and created NC on same server with same name 2 minutes later.
  6. ADUILO

Yeah, they are. You can send /tells across servers because of this.

Hm... I think I'll try it with my VS char. I'll report back if I manage to do it.
  7. ADUILO

It worked! I deleted my IFaqMen VS character from Woodman and created a new VS character on Miller with the same name.
    • Up x 1
  8. TeknoBug

Yes, I reroll with the same name fairly often.
  9. Levtech

Yes, but do note if you make that character on a different account there is a 24 hour cooldown.