[Suggestion] What the kids need...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ApolloMCProductions, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ApolloMCProductions

:oops: ... is a E540 Halberd damage buff to 1200 :oops:

Like it if you want it
    :eek:
    :eek::eek:
    • Up x 5
  2. Ribero

I... I don't know...
  3. ApolloMCProductions

you best know the troof!
    • Up x 1
  4. Ribero

I'm sold. You get my vote.
  5. ApolloMCProductions

Now dats how we do it!
  6. IamDH

What is the current damage?
  7. FateJH

Are we talking about the Halberd on MBTs (1000) or the one on Harassers (800)?

Note that 1200 is equivalent to Supernova VPC (1175), P2-120-AP (1250), and Titan HE (1300). To reiterate, this translates to the Magrider and Vanguard having an AV secondary equal to the damage of their respective HE primaries and the Prowler getting the equivalent of a single barrel AP secondary. This makes the Halbred comparative to the weakest primaries on the NC and VS MBTs while roughly equal to the TR MBT's strongest primary.

Since we're talking about secondaries, though ... the Saron does 1504 (284x6) damage and the Enforcer does 4000 (500x8) damage. The Vulcan is excluded because it operates completely differently (and sucks much). Even with missed shots, the Enforcer could easily make up the damage. The Saron is a toss-up between good individual aim or good aim recovery (some missed shots, but still damage to target); a dedicated Magrider driver would have to provide better input regarding the tradeoffs between Saron and Halberd (perhaps a dedicated Vanguard driver could do the same for the Enforcer?).

For the AP Prowler, which is typically rolled as AP/Halberd, this is a damage increase of an unmodified 200.
  8. ronjahn

For which vehicles? Why?

I'm not entirely opposed, just curious on your rationale.
  9. LIKE A BOSS!

The Prowler AP is 1250x2.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

I probably should have explicitly stated that I was counting one Prowler barrel when dealing with primaries. If you want to go that route then the modified Halberd is closely comparative against the P2-120 HE at 1450 (725x2) and, therefore, can be considered comparative on all MBTs against that tanks' respective anti-Infantry primary.

My point of using P2-120 AP, however, is to point out that Magriders and Vanguards have decent chances of using their ES secondaries when running */AV; but, such a Prowler is recommended to roll with the range-neutral results of the common pool AV weapon. That's also why I was asking whether this affected Harassers or MBTs.

And the rest of it was just an attempt at framing the change using numbers.
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

Wow the prowler HE does more damage to vehicles than the MAgrider AP.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

As long as the Enforcer gets a damage buff from 500 to 600, the Saron gets a damage buff from 284 to 341, and the Vulcan gets a damage buff from 167 to 200.

(The Halberd is fine)
    • Up x 1
  13. Alarox

1.) Resistances are different between the weapons you're comparing.

2.) DPS is a more important comparison than a single shot. It doesn't matter if a weapon deals 2000 damage if it has a 25s reload.
  14. Alarox

It deals less damage per shot and it is has less DPS.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

Often you say things, and I just wonder if you are just purposely getting it wrong.
  16. DK22

the kids need to cut the grass, weed and water the garden, whata you think we had u for?
    • Up x 2
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

;) Sometimes I do.
  18. Sagabyte

I really don't see a need to improve the halberd. It makes loadouts less interesting IMO. Making it more effective will do nothing except make it even more prevalent on tanks.
  19. ApolloMCProductions

I'm talking about the harasser boys, show it some killing potential lovin'. hell, it should be strongest on the harrasser since it's the only weapon and is so weak (but definitely not past 1200).
  20. ApolloMCProductions

better reload, especially with lockdown, better bullet velocity, less bullet drop, and two chances to hit your target. NOW DAT SOME CHEESE SON!