Turn the Harasser into a heavy-weapons platform.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostiken, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Foxirus

Thats the deal though, Whether you like it or not, This game is about infantry battles. Vehicles are a secondary thing. A vehicle can't capture a point, A vehicle can't hack a terminal, a vehicle can't revive dead allies.

I don't know if you all remember or not, But we tried Harassers the OP's way, They were quickly found to be OP godkillers that were more efficient at killing than tanks were. This is why they were nerfed into the ground to begin with. As for some person saying a flash is faster than a Harasser? Bull. The flash has to be certed into afterburners. The harasser does not. It is at a perfect point in the game where it has godly speed, but can be run off with decent ease for what it is.
    • Up x 1
  2. KoS-1

And may I add....a slight increase in output damage.

Personally, like to see the halberd at 1000dmg vs the 800dmg now. Or even 1200dmg, which is still 300dmg short of what it was pre-nerf.
  3. ApolloMCProductions

The harasser is an in-your-face, typically lone-wolf vehicle that needs AV buff. It's NOT a "behind-the-lines" support vehicle (if anything it'll be behind ENEMY lines).

Though I disagree with much of your post, I do very much so like how you bring the situation to light and value your opnion ;)
  4. Ronin Oni

^THIS

Power over choosing engagements is a huuuge advantage.

As a lonely harasser... that leaves you with only hunting wounded tanks and pockets of infantry depending on weapon.

Get a small group together (half a squad? Yeah, cause 6 people is sooo hard to get together in this game) and you can really start messing with the enemy.
  5. Ronin Oni

How's that rock man? Must be cozy down there for you to have been hiding a full 6 months under it.
    • Up x 1
  6. KoS-1

Well.....you should! When you are on top of them before they know it. :)
  7. KoS-1

Really??? Are you that shallow? I guess you want a spitting match?

Again. I don't know why SoE uses that call out. They should change it, like others. IIRR the sunder one is different now.

In reality any and all vehicles in the game are essentially a transport. They move a person or persons from point A to point B regardless of the reason for the trip.

SoE at one time said the top tier sniper rifles would OHK. Guess what, they didn't due to NW. That's fixed now. But the fact remains SoE said/did something that's doesn't match reality at the time. The same applies here.

So that one weapon on top is to do what? Look pretty? For defense only?

The description found in the Players website.
    • Up x 1
  8. KoS-1

I'll bite.

So, playing off the one posters insistence that if Q says it's a transport. It's meant for that only, nothing else it can do.

Then why did SoE put AV and AA weapons on it? If what you assert is correct, then the buggy would only have AI weapons.

Or the AV and AA weapons only for defense only? Not offense at all?
  9. KoS-1

Then why is it called a combined arms game? Combined arms means....more than infantry focus.
    • Up x 1
  10. Axehilt

It's really better to go in the opposite direction, with vehicle costs being a little more standardized and vehicle capabilities being similar across the board. Even with the flash I'd love to see the base vehicle be cheap (perhaps 50-75 like you suggest) but the better version costing more and being about as valuable as any other vehicle in the outdoor mix (obviously still the most vulnerable playstyle, but good enough to actually be worth taking.)
  11. ABATTLEDONKEY

This is a PROBLEM, not a standard. this is a CA game. all aspect of this game are meant to interact with eachother in a collective balance of individual imbalances. Thats how CA games work. Infantry should NOT be the MAIN attraction of this game, and same with tanks and air. The attraction, through balanced gameplay, should be that all of these different units exist in a balanced match.

Ive been playing since day one of BETA, so yes, I remember. TBH, they were annoying then, but they were FAR from the god-like killers that these forums would have you believe. Then again, I have a nasty habit of landing my shots, playing intelligently, and accepting the consequences of my mistakes, so im a little bias. The harasser was NEVER as the OP suggested. They were NEVER as I suggested. The ONLY reason the harasser was OP in the first place was because if have no specific counter or vulnerability, and could be repaired on the go. What MOST people fail to realize (this includes the freaking devs) is that the harasser, in its most powerful state, has less armor than a default lighting, less AV potential than an AP lighting, Less AI power than a default Lighting, cost MORE than a lighting, required 2 people simply to operate it, and was susceptible to ALL forms of damage, unlike the lighting.

Now the OP simply wants to give a rarely seen vehicle a defined role, and you STILL shake in your boots at the thought of a marginally OP weapon that hasnt been seen in many a blue moon.
  12. Sagabyte

Or on the other hand grab 6 lightnings.
  13. Majorpaynekills

All the harrasser needs is an anti-infantry turret that is like the anti-vehicle turret with no shield for the rumble seat but to equip it you cant have maxes sit in it. This can also work for the valkyrie and kind of use it as an anti-infantry attack heli with 2 anti-infantry turrets (one on each side). REMEMBER I SAID WITH NO SHIELD because i know some people like to pick out words and go from what they see so please read twice before commenting and this is also just a suggetion.
  14. Jex =TE=

More like a year - what's your point?
  15. Jex =TE=

Aaah same, Haven't played in over a year and tbh, coming back and seeing pretty much the same I probably won't be playing much though it was fun getting back in the old SG for a while but PS2 is just missing something now and I have other games to play that are a lot more fun.
  16. MaxDamage

No way @ heavy. Keep it light, it is already too dangerous. The Harrasser in PS1 only had a light machine gun. They gave it heavy weapons so they wouldn't have to make PROPER faction specific buggies like the old Thresher, Marauder, Enforcer.
  17. KendoPS1

Definition of a real world militarized buggy : It is used for fast hit-and-run style raids, scouting missions, special forces support, and low intensity guerrilla warfare.

We can scratch scouting missions, there's no need for that in this game. Actually, there's no need for any of those in this game, except maybe hit & run if the situation allows it.
    There's also way too many air vehicles for it to be useful.
    Maybe 5 or 6 with basilisks ( so they can defend vs air and be useful vs armor ) could do some damage, but then, why not just get TWICE the amount of lightnings and be better at AA and AV.

So yeah, I don't know what it's purpose is either. I drove them all the time pre-nerf and had lots of fun. Thousands of certs ... poof.

If there was a map without any air vehicles, it would probably be somewhat of a threat if the terrain had enough cover.
  18. KoS-1

Couple of things.

A single harasser can be a threat, there isn't always a need to have a wolf pack. And a single harasser doesn't have to settle for scraps either. It can be active and aggressive, but why pass up scraps when they are begging for it.

AA, a harasser can be formidable, especially mixed in with a burster max in the back. What sets it apart from other AA platforms is it's speed and agility as compared to others.

Wish I had taped it. I was a buster max in back of a AA harasser. We were running from and around a ton of air, heading south from snake ravine area towards TI Alloys.

We jumped off the hill between the two bases. We had a 3/3 lib hot and close on our tail. At one point in the jump I was shooting down at the lib. We landed, pumped more flak into the lib and down it went.

Could a skyguard, AA sunder or other do this? Nope, they don't have that pow and wow factor.
  19. oberchingus

I'll pow and wow you!!!

I had a great run this weekend with the Justice Crew. And you know how festive they get when we take out ESF after ESF and lib after lib. It's too awesome not to be a part of. We overextended deep into NC territory and tore **** up. And I recorded it. Hoping to get it out soon.
  20. oberchingus

Loved reading this. :):):):)