Do not let this dalton ammo cap nerf happen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by isaidhi3, Jun 16, 2014.

1. PKfire

And splash hits count towards that accuracy, for those who may have not known.
    • Up x 2
  2. Flag

Why would you even want to? It's incredibly dull.
    • Up x 2
  3. PKfire

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    • Up x 2
  4. Lightwolf

You think all pilots spend all their time bombarding ground, so what's the difference?

But really, were you around for the he hayday?
  5. Flag

I started playing in late tech test (albeit on a different account than this), so I've seen it all.
    • Up x 1
  6. Village

If you're an experienced gunner you'll still be getting kills, the less skilled ones won't be mashing the trigger every time an ESF appears. The change is coming learn to accept it.
  7. WycliffSlim

Because apparently the fun things that I actually enjoy doing a lot isn't how the game is meant to be played.

I almost never farm with a Liberator or a tank. I like fighting other vehicles. I'd rather run a 1 K/D fighting ESF's and Liberators with my Lib than running a 20 K/D farming ground. I'd rather run AP/AP on a MBT and have fun tank battles. However, SOE has been making it abundantly clear that this ISN'T how they want you to play. Nerfing Dalton ammo capacity will hurt 1 group of pilots. The ones that go behind enemy lines. The farmers don't care. They're one hex away from ammo. They're nerfing dalton splash with even now regularly takes 3 shots to kill infantry, they're turning the Zepher into a 3 shot max damage range kill on infantry because those are apparently too strong.

However, HEAT and HE on MBT's still one shot infantry with splash. It's sooo much easier to camp and farm with a MBT than it is with a Liberator or ESF that it's laughable yet that's not what's getting nerfed.

So... if the fun playstyle that I actually enjoy doing is going to get constantly frowned upon. Screw it... HE/PPA magrider and I'll just farm all day. And then that'll get nerfed. And then I'll grab HA and farm with Orion until that gets nerfed. My point is this. Things that are fun and challenging seem to constantly be getting the boot while easy farming is getting encouraged. HE/HEAT hasn't gotten a nerf since... a long time and has ALWAYS been better at killing infantry than Liberator weapons(post massive Zepher/Dalton nerfs).

So to answer your question. Why wouldn't I want to? It's kinda fun to play tower defense with a PPA and point and click all those little dots away. It's way more fun than playing resupply simulator which is what Liberators will be if max dalton ammo is dropped to 40.
    • Up x 7
  8. Flag

You know, that's how I feel after having given the MBTs on PTS a try. ._.

That aside, I find trying to snipe meatbags with the FPC to be more enjoyable than using the P.II PPA.
    • Up x 1
  9. WycliffSlim

Oh, don't get me wrong. I find it much more enjoyable. But hey... if baddies are going to complain about getting farmed by things that are only good at farming with. ohhhhh, I want to see the tears when I start farming them hard with things that are GREAT for farm.
  10. nachos

11. PKfire

12. Govedo13

The sad aftermath after the not wanted "Liberator update" ends as Liberator nerf. The pre-update Liberators were actually better.
    I read the Zepher changes- omg, they made this situational AI gun totally useless. Dalton without AV splash and same velocity is really bad call.
    This changes combined makes the shredder the only viable choice for Liberators.
    You want high attitude bombarding?
    Get Dalton and get out of ammo or enjoy how your target moves and you miss for half meter and he gets no damage, or just get Shredder. Dalton used to be the better choice here.
    You want to be effective in AA,AV and AI? Get Shredder. Here Zepher was the better AI choice.
    The Duster continues to be useless. It is sad end for different Liberator tactics and loadouts.
    • Up x 5
  13. N7Havoc

I can't believe I read the first 11 pages of this crap thread. The Real Housewives of OC was on in the background... sad to say there was more intelligent discussion going on there.

40 rounds is a joke. 60-75 is the sweet spot.
    • Up x 2
  14. Fubbles

Good to know this update was on PTS an entire 3 days to be tested and have feedback collected/analyzed. Reminds me of the first liberator update (also on PTS for 3 days before being pushed to live). Prepare for the complain train to be very strong this time around (with some of the changes rightfully so). Hopefully we won't have to wait another 3 months for another round of changes but I am not holding my breath.
  15. McToast

Moin
    For a lot of players it's rather "learn to play another thing" or "learn to leave". The Liberator changes are stupid, really stupid, and the only people who can't see that are the people with no/little experience in a Liberator. Which would be the majority of the playerbase of course.
    "Nooo, Liberator piloting and gunning are easy peasy, it's simple farming! And the only reason why the scrub players don't do it is because they play the game for the objectives and not to use some overpowered weapons *grabs shotgun*"
    Yea, right.

I didn't play the Liberator much during the last month, I took a break after my third Dalton video and mainly fought against them. I didn't found them OP. I had a bad feeling after the liberator update was scheduled, because I KNEW that no matter what they'd change or buff, there WOULD be crying on the forum after the update and the Liberator would be nerfed again after a while. I just hoped that it wouldn't be nerfed to below it's pre-update values. Well, hope dies last and eventually it died with this update. RIP Liberator, you were fun.
    • Up x 2
  16. FBVanu

There is one major difference that most pilots won't acknowledge.. The Lib will bomb from above.. they can see a lot more infantry than I can ever hope to detect from my prowler, far away from any base.... you have a much broader field of view and can see all kinds of infantry and vehicles, that are behind cover, for my view..

That is one of the reasons the hover bombing is so effective.. If the flight mechanics of the lib were that of a regular B-17,, , they would hardly ever get any kills at all...
    but when you hover over a base, that bird's eye view gives you all kinds of opportunities to spot enemies that a tank driver can never see.
    Especially on Esamnir.. I can only see infantry and vehicles once they come out from behind the walls.. until then, nothing. While the Libs can bomb the crapola out of that place and farm to infinity.. IMHO that is one of the major reasons why their ammo needs to be capped... and after a few short weeks, most Lib gunners will become very good shots and get almost as many kills as they used to.
    • Up x 1
  17. planetsiderogue

I've gunned daltons plenty of times and this new ammo cap is ridiculous..trying to accurately hit a target when youre 100's of meters above the ground and your pilot is moving sporadically to avoid AA fire and G-T-A Shells/missiles, is difficult and it takes a few shells to accurately adjust your fire for angle/height compensation. it is MUCH different then firing from a tank where your only concern is distance. not to mention if youre in a dog fight you there are so many factors to account for when accurately firing
    Bombing tanks you must factor in:
    -Height
    -Angle
    -Shell velocity (your movement speed vs. ground vehicles speed)
    -Pilots movement to avoid enemy fire

Air vs. Air is even worse!
    -Distance
    -Pilots movement
    -Height
    -Enemy pilots movement
    -Shell velocity

And you must accurately fire a dumb fire shell factoring in all of this because well....you only have 20 rounds...Ground support highly depends on Air support in some situations, which can be vital to loss or success. When you have to turn back after entering the battlezone for 1 minute to re-arm which will take a usual 2-3 minutes...1:3 ratio for combat/innactive combat time...
    • Up x 2
  18. IamnotAmazing

so you can't spam anymore and it actually takes some skill, wow!
    • Up x 1
  19. planetsiderogue

No that isnt the point. There are plenty more things to factor in when firing, which makes it more difficult to accurately fire, also factoring time spent in combat vs. out of combat..not just spamming. which 3/4 of combat in this game is spamming areas. but that isnt the point..
  20. Flag

In short, I think all sensible people can agree to the following:
    • The Lib had too much ammo before.
    • The nerf is too harsh.
    • Up x 8