Morale

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uberogg, Jun 18, 2014.

1. uberogg

With defeat after defeat at everything in the game my (and I'm sure many others) morale is at an all time low, why bother fighting when you already know the outcome? why be loyal to your faction when you know you're just going to loose again and again, why try when the over populated faction will always win and even if they don't, they'll force it to a two or three way draw?

I love Planetside 2 don't get me wrong, and even when failure is all but assured I'll be the first to charge out of the spawn room to grasp what tiny shred of a chance there may be to turn things around, but with beatdown after beatdown, my will to fight is getting to the point of nonexistence and i need help.

I'm writing this post not just for me but for all players of Planetside who are wondering what the point of fighting is and i hope that those with wise words can help refuel the fires in their hearts.

And so i ask those who might help, Why fight, why even try when you already know you're going to loose, why put your heart into it with others dominating you at every turn?

And yes, reading this back i do realize i sound like a little b**ch, you don't need to point it out.
    • Up x 1
  2. vsae

You're one of millions of misleaded souls.

What if I tell you that there is no point in fighting. This is video game, a first person shooter. If killing people isnt fun for you, try other genre. Playing the objective in this game is secondary, killing is primary.

Win or lose, it doesnt matter. There is even no win or lose condition, its just meaningless and everlasting base trading. The process of it is the whole point of the game. You should enjoy the process not the outcome.
    • Up x 4
  3. Iridar51

• Up x 1
  4. Konfuzfanten

I get what you are saying, but for me personally i have 2 goals when playing PS2:
    a) get some massive killing streaks/awesome moments of pwnage.
    b) making them pay.

In situations where we are getting steamrolled ill throw my K/D-R out the window and try and kill as many ppl as i can with the most amount of cheese. Then go for their vehicles: ji.had flash, C4 fairy'ing, tank mines on the road to the next base. Wait at the base they just took and tag the cap point and filling the base with proximity mines, before they reach the next base - so they have to come back.

Make them pay for every base they take, make them wanna leave the lane, not because they are losing, but because you are c.ock-blocking them.
  5. FateJH

6. Hoots

This guy gets it. Winning or losing isn't the point. The fight is all.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cinnamon

You must set a string of small achievable objectives not one large impossible objective that you have to achieve straight away. The mistake many people mistake is to go for the "big win" dangled in front of them when it just leads to them banging their head against the wall and the enemy is already winning their small objectives 2 or three steps ahead of them.
  8. a-koo-chee-moya

My squad actually got a pubby spawn push with MAXs, engineers, and medics going. Too bad one LA with C4 got like 15 kills. The experience was enough.
  9. ohmikkie

Loyalty to factions is irrelevant and unimportant. It's a game. Better to be seeking satisfaction from your own personal performance.
    • Up x 2
  10. MostlyClueless

For the Certs. For the KDR. For the hate tells. For the happy feeling I get when we win despite all the odds.

But most importantly, for the pretty explosions when Sunderers get tank mined. It brings me so much joy.
  11. uberogg

i dunno why but that reminded me of the major's speech from Hellsing ultimate lol
  12. Irathi

I didn't know we could win or loose in planetside 2?

It's a never ending fight, if you don't like the fight part you will have a bad time.
  13. bubbacon

Heres what you do my friend. Expand your character slots on various servers, or even on the same server.

For example, If your faction is taking a beating on server X, then hop over to another server and see whats going on. Look for battles that you enjoy, not necessarily the faction. I play all 3 factions and run on 2 servers. If I don't like the flow of battles on Waterson, I jump over to Connery and so on.

Good luck...hang in there...and have fun.
  14. ZeroErrorz

get friend,get kills, get feared by enemy,get qq,GIET GUT thats how i play the game but really the only thing i want is a server recognizition u know the point where ur name is mentioned by alot of people thats really what i want.
  15. uberogg

yeah i do my main is TR on woodman and my alt is Connery NC
  16. Mekeji

Last night during an amp bio alert on water the population was a bit lop sided but the TR still took the 3 on Amerish. Then something odd happened on Esamir where the NC were flooding in.

Next thing I know the pop is 30% vanu 29% TR and 40% NC. The just zerged everything. Esamir they had 60% pop and then after they took a large chunk of Esamir Amerish turned to 60% NC.

Scatmaxes everywhere inside the bios reminding me why people feel the NC max is OP.

A game like this you would think you should look at the big picture but then you realize it is just frustrating when the big picture is that you can't win a 2 on 1 fight in a biolab filled with 30 scat maxes.
  17. uberogg

but the process has turned into complete bull and i could get the same outcome by not loading the game up, yes the game is about base trading, but when one guy can seeming pull an entire platoon out his **** at one of the small meaningless bases, and the rest of his faction are max crashing the entire continent because it makes their alien wannabe balls tingle with delight, there is nothing even akin to a fun fight it's always one sided and the last time we won an alert it was over a month ago at 4 in the morning when nobody else was on. and i know alerts mean nothing but for the love of whatever deity you choose there is only so many times you can get your *** kicked and still want to come back for more knowing full well what the outcome will be because it always is
  18. JibbaJabba

An honest response..

You need to get your Zen back man. Reconsider what it is you are playing for.

Things you are NOT playing for:
    To win an alert.
    For your empire to have success.
    To take some all-important base.

I would suggest:
    Team up (squad/platoon/outfit) with people that you enjoy playing with.
    Run as a group with an objective of having FUN.
    Be prepared to relocate if this is not happening.
    Scan your map for the type of fight you are after (easy/hard, even/imbalanced, crowded/small).

As a PL I will literally do a "moral check" from time to time. If people are having fun (which is rarely related to winning/losing) then we stay. If not, I'll pull the whole platoon out and go somewhere else. During alerts I'll drive to help the empire, outside of that I don't give a ph uuuuuu k other than "is everyone having fun".

Be creative too. Sometimes fun is loading a sundy full of burster maxes then driving around behind enemy lines giving away your position to air. Know what I'm saying?
  19. DK22

That's kind of the whole point of overwhelming force, wear you down which means mentally too.
    That said, I've been in some 1v1 against somebody that was clearly better than me, but didn't give up.
    Before you know it, its 2v2, 4v4, then a massive battle, then we win. :cool:
    But sometimes there is a point where you say to yourself, 'that's it, I'm done', and go somewhere else.