Rear View Mirrors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDemoman, Jun 16, 2014.

1. MasterDemoman

PLEASE, FOR HIGBY'S SAKE! It's a future and vehicles have no way to see behind them w/out looking behind them. This doesn't have to be a static item inside of the sundie's first person view. It just needs to be a little rectangle on the screen that shows like 90-ish degrees behind you.
    PLEASE!
    • Up x 4
  2. repinSniper

This "feature" would be really nice QoL change. Especially with the new reverse as fast as you move forward change coming... I need to see what is behind me a bit better now unless I want to ram a few tanks and smush a few infantry on a regular occasion.
    • Up x 1
  3. Seython

I think this is a good idea, but also they should add a camera on the bottom of aircraft because landing a Lib or a Galaxy can be hard sometimes if you can't see beneath you.
  4. Pikachu

Make them by raytracing.
  5. repinSniper

Even better, make them purchasable by SC only!!! There you go SOE, that's a new cash cow I would gladly pay for.

Win for me, win for you (must provide SOE with incentives or it'll never happen).
  6. MasterDemoman

ability to buy dice to hang on your mirror
    soe pls
    • Up x 2
  7. Shabo

This would negate stealth gameplay for other tanks, especially the magrider. I rely on booty shots to have a chance against the shield ;) Nevertheless, it would be a QoL increase as stated before.
  8. MasterDemoman

A button to bring it up, eg O, but it takes up a decent portion of the screen.
    That way you'll probably only use it while bugging out to at least try and avoid running over all those blueberries/strawberries/barnies that sit behind your tank/sundy/harasser/any vehicle ever like idiots
    Eh? Eeeeh?
  9. Stanis

I suggested a rear-view keybind as a feature for the magrider.

Van and Prowler can rotate their turret. Which means driving in reverse with LOS.

The magrider can reverse faster now .. but spatial awareness isn't that good. They have to 180 to see.

So a rear-view keybind might be something the magrider needs to balance its mobility. It can't shoot - but it can at least maneuver.
  10. Shabo

This. Currently, the only way to have situational awareness of things behind the mag is the gunner and the map (if stealth is not a factor).
  11. MasterDemoman

831 years in the future and tanks don't even have rear view mirrors
    ggnore
    • Up x 1