Anyone else think fire suppression is too good?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by evansra, Jun 15, 2014.

1. evansra

As above, do you guys feel its a bit too good? I do especially for large air such as the lib/gal...

In the interests of game balance I feel it could be toned down a bit, either by healing less or having a longer timer, alternatively the other options for that slot could be buffed.

As it stands currently it appears fire suppression is the go to utility for all vehicles apart from van, I would like to see a situation where there is no clear cut best option.

Thoughts? am I mad? discuss :)
  2. McToast

Moin

Actually I think fire suppression for libs/gals is fine, for ESFs it's a bit OP in my opinion though. But nothing gamebreaking.
    • Up x 1
  3. danielpxp

This wont end well.. They already nerfed Autorepair because the other options are worse and nobody uses them.. Don't want that to happen to firesup.
    Well for the MBTs it is not the Go-To Weapon, many Maggys (still) use the magburner (soon not anymore, RIP Mag.) and many Prowler Anchore Mode.
    Where I see is the issue are that the other options are not good enough.. Especially the Smokescreen could be much cooler/better if it at least would make a giant cloud of smoke (not this tiny cloud) and MAYBE get some other small benefits.
    For the Sundy a bigger cloud than MBTs is needed. Otherwise: I like that utility in some situation.
    And for Aircrafts.. Who the **** uses Flares on a Gal?!
    Even if Firesup is useless, nobody would use it.
    The prevented lockon time must be increased by a good amount and maybe get the flares that look like this:
    Nearby Aircrafts could also be saved by Lockons - But at least THAT COULD have been part of the gal update, which came out last ye... eh what?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. evansra

Fair play, cool pic :) I am glad others can see the issue too, I think a buff to flares and composite armour could level the playingfield a bit while keeping the fire suppression as it is.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

firesuppression+autorepair is pretty much the best combo for aircraft only due to one fact: by nature, it is tedious to repair one's aircraft because one needs to land first, repair and then take off. firesuppression+autorepair get rid of this issue. ground vehicles dont have that problem since drivers can quickly hop out, repair and continue. so naturally, firesuppression appears to be 'too effective' (which i think is not the case) because aircraft needs to depend on it much more than ground vehicles do
  6. Lightwolf

If you think my 12K cert whale is too op and a nerf to my fire suppression is needed at the same time as a nerf to my bulldog, and after the auto repair nerf that hurt us whales more than anything else, I will find and rip out your heart.

On a more rational level; fire suppression was already ninja'd, it no longer instantly grants a chunk of health when you hit the red zone. Its a heal over time. For me, flares are absolutely useless. At least with fire suppression I can get a bit more tank.

If you want to take fire supp, give me something useful in exchange.
  7. GlobeMaster

Fire suppression is fine. Take the lib for example, if you want to run fire suppression (health) you will have to give up maneuverability (Afterburner) and vice versa. Each fit its role and has tradeoffs.
    • Up x 2
  8. Ryker

Fire suppress is only op on esfs, what is it like 20 percent ?
  9. Lightwolf

25 at max rank I believe.
  10. Foxirus

Yes, Fire suppression is right now, The most OP ability in the air game. I made a thread on it, Here is its quote.

"
    Fire Suppression right now is being used as a constant source of steady repairs. I am starting to see ESF's use it the second they take damage from a G2A rocket. This is a problem because the utility is being used outside of its intended role, which is to put out an active fire on the aircraft.

This also guarantees the pilot an escape route if it is just a lone heavy using lock ons. The repair will heal enough damage to prevent the second lock on from catching the pilots ESF on fire, as well as start his or her cooldown timer to initiate another repair sooner. Repairs should not happening while the unit is in the air unless they have certed into nanite repair, and have not taken damage for the required amount of time for the nanites to activate themselves.

The Fire Suppression utility does not need to be a freebie 25% repair every 45 seconds. It needs to be a 25% instant repair that can only be activated if your air vehicle has caught fire. I have two suggestions to fix this.

1. Make it to where the Fire Suppression is no longer activated by the pilot, but instead auto activates the second a fire is detected on the vehicle.

2. If the first option is not acceptable, Make it to where the Fire Suppression can only be activatedby the pilot while the air vehicle is on fire.

For some people, Fire suppression has allowed them to completely ditch the nanite auto repair. This is because every 45 seconds they can freely repair 25% of their health, or land at any time to manually repair their vehicle once they have escaped danger.

"

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/suggestion-fix-fire-suppression.188524/
    • Up x 1
  11. Foxirus

It doesn't matter if its the lib or not, It is still being used outside its intended function. People are not using it for fire suppression, They are using it as a free 25% repair every 45 seconds. This is even worse on the lib because nearly all libs can survive more than 45 seconds.

Especially since the lib has the resistances to pretty much everything in the game, This makes it worse than an ESF using it.

It does NOT fit its role, Its used to SUPPRESS FIRES, Not meant to be a free repair to use even when you are not on fire.
  12. Maelthra

I've recently started using Fire Suppression on my Magrider, though I think that has more to do with me realizing I don't actually use Magburner for much of anything that's truly useful and less because Fire Suppression is too powerful.

However, I do understand why Fire Suppression is very powerful for aircraft. I don't fly much (or at all), but I realize how much more inconvenient it is for aircraft to land to repair. With my Magrider I just find the closest rock to hide behind, jump out, fix 'er up, and off I go again. That's a big reason why I don't run nanite auto repair.
  13. repinSniper

Yes. Only on the ESFs though, think the whole design after the last patch had a great impact on the air game.
  14. Silkensmooth

Yes. Nerf everything.

We should all be forced to run flares again because they are almost useless against the things you really need them for.
  15. SNAFUS

Auto repair is in a good spot, the other options though are simply garbage and offer no real reason to switch to them. Even if they nerfed Auto repair again it still trumps the other options that we have available to us.
    • Up x 1
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

LA piloting, just because spending 500 certs for safe ejection doesn't worth it.
    so for ESF you can use flares - a2a will FAIL.
    And after auto-repair delay - flares not as good for Liberators, but 12% of Gal HP - its a lot.
  17. thingymajigy

ESF fire suppression had to be buffed because no one was using it. Because of all the lock-on spam we had to use flares. Blame the heavies with their launchers for spamming lock-ons if you think fire supp.is OP.
  18. clem976

I love esf's playing with fire supp, i can instakill them with only 2 heavy assault mates using lockons.
  19. dstock

Every vehicle in the game, besides the ESF, gets a 12% heal every 45 seconds. The ESF gets a 25% heal.

The more you know.
  20. zaspacer

Regardless of what the effect Fire Suppression is, SOE needs to (1) name and (2) change the flavor text to fit. Having a game full of Weapons/Abilities/Units that do not do the role their flavor text describes, are very effective for a role not mentioned on their flavor text, or have a name that does not fit them, is a big mistake. It makes it seem like the Devs don't know and don't care about their own game, confuses players and community discussion, and make it seem that the game itself is out of control.

The first thing they should do is rename "Fire Suppression" to "Damage Repair Burst". That, or change it back so the ability's effect is tied only to stopping Fires and/or repairing damage at Fire level.