What is up with all these self-capping points?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linedan, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Linedan

I've lost track of how many times in the past week I've seen points flipping by themselves even when people with flashlights have scanned every corner within range and turned up no sneaky stalker-cloaked infiltrators. What is up with this? Is this a hack, a bug, or something else?
  2. Necron

People using the new infiltrator cloak. It doesn't drain power as long as the Infil doesn't move. It means they can stay hidden forever, at the expense of no primary weapon just a pistol. Either that or terrain hacking so they are underground.
  3. Iridar51

It's a bug.
    • Up x 3
  4. TwwIX

It's a bug that was supposed to have been fixed last patch. It has nothing to do with Stalker Infiltrators.
  5. WinchesterLock

While this does happen too, there is a bug that does exactly as was mentioned in the initial post. I've literally seen squads of people sweep an entire room with bullets (firing in every direction at the same time) throwing EMP grenades, and performing flashlight sweeps (all at the same time in a couple cases) and nothing.
  6. GhostAvatar

Its a bug. In fact it is the same bug that also gave people invincibility back when you couldn't get killed inside the warpgate. Or gives you XP for base capture at a base you are no longer at (or those annoying shield gen overload call outs). The cause is unknown. But at times the game thinks you are still at the last place you were killed. And it will persist through several deaths/redploys until you log out.

If that position of death happens to be a control point. The server will start capping that point (if there is a connection etc.) as if you were there, even if you are on the other side of the continent.
    • Up x 2
  7. Plunutsud pls

Yeah it's a bug and the devs are having trouble fixing it.

They said they've seen it on live but have been unable to reproduce it at their HQ.

It's surely a desync issue of some sort, must be hard to pinpoint with thousands of players on live.
  8. z1967

Its the area effect bug (aka: the desync bug). It applies the wrong area effect (for example, point capping) in the wrong areas or it gets stuck on with no way to turn off without logging out.
    • Up x 1
  9. Canaris

I blame ghosts
    [IMG]
  10. Tricycle

This bug happened to me last friday so that I can capture Quartz Ridge Point A by simply entering the zone (for example by spawning to the spawn room). The disturbing thing is that I could still capture the same point one day later even after logging out for +12 hours. I haven't played the game today, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still works the same way.
  11. Mekeji

Have you tried going back to the point to see if it refreshes or resets or something?
  12. Tricycle

Good question. No, I haven't. I'll test it tomorrow if it's still bugged. I haven't had the time to play today.
  13. Strottinglemon

I hate this bug. Can never tell if it's a godlike stalker infiltrator or just a glitched point.
  14. gunnner10

Have seen this several times, usually takes 2 people to flip point back. Best Time was when sungrey Amp kept flipping points to NC even though they had no connected base! and the map showed 100% Vanu!
  15. Pikachu

I had one of these today at Mani. The stupid point didn't want to belong to NC. It kept going back to red color.
  16. Bujias

This came with the annoying mission thing that everyone ignores, can they just get rid of those stupid mission things and be done with it? i also tought it was gone but after today seeing entire platoon looking for an infilitrator with flashlights i realize its not so.
  17. Linedan

Well, I saw this happen on no less than five points on Indar in a two-hour span tonight. Nothing like seeing a base one minute from going TR when there's no TR for two hexes in any direction, and it takes FOUR NC standing on the point to flip the bar back blue. Yep, two NC stood on the point and it just flipped quickly back over to TR.

Ate a few kills as a result of this...I had to stand on the point to keep from losing a base which rendered me easy meat for the BR 6 gunner in the Liberator that kept hovering overhead.

This happens multiple times per hour, every hour, on Mattherson during prime time and SOE says they can't isolate it? Really?

Sorry for the frustration, it was just the cherry on top of the Higby sundae tonight. Gotta love Mattherson NC, we had 39% to the VS' 27% and they were rolling us like a drunk in an alley. Freakin' embarassing. Lost count of how many kills I fed AT and DaPP, but at least I was one of the few charging out of the spawns and into the points, shield on and SAW blazing. (And not hitting a damn thing because I suck, but hey, I tried.)
  18. Keldrath

Definitely a bug, I ran into that last night, there was no one there, I checked for a good 15 minutes, it would just automatically flip itself as if 1 person was there.

If It was an infiltrator with cloak I don't care if he was just sitting still crouched, I would have found him, I run ultra settings I see them easily whether they are moving or not.