Server Smash -Waterson Vs Matherson 6/20

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luighseach, Jun 13, 2014.

1. DragonOps

What does SOE mean by unfair or dishonest game play? Do they mean hackers ir what?
  2. Tommyp2006

Holy crap they actually picked a day I'm off work! Your *** is grass Mattherson!
    • Up x 2
  3. SavageBacon

Y'all Waterson folk need to get you outfits to sign up.... That or the google docs is real dated, because the Mattherson list looks pretty solid and then there's like no oufits signed up on the Waterson half of the page.
    • Up x 1
  4. Casterbridge

I really just meant I've been playing NC more lately and been neglecting the TR and even more so the VS a good bit, need to get used to those higher RoF weapons again ;)
  5. NinjaTurtle

Erm so big question, which server gets which faction to play during the smash?

I put dibs on Waterson getting VS just because we are fabulous :D

Now I just need to find an outfit that is taking part and is willing to take me in one of their slots :(
  6. doombro

We're using our server subreddit for signups. We currently have over 30 outfits volunteering for this. I don't think we'll disappoint.
  7. SavageBacon

I'm interested in seeing that roster... Always good to get an idea of the competition.
  8. Paragon Exile

Being one of the few, proud Mattherson patriots to finally crush what little life remains out of Waterson... I couldn't ask for more! I'm the luckiest little girl in the world!

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE SPANDEX TIDE.
  9. Ronin Oni

I want to play for the name Jaeger... what side should I play for that?
  10. Ronin Oni

Nope...

but with Watersons VS underpop it should somewhat balance out.

And the NC overpop on Waterson will be diluted as well
  11. Tommyp2006

I would think that Waterson would play TR or NC since those are the 2 most popular factions on those servers, while Mattherson would play VS. I'm sure PXP would be happy to have you aboard, since you're technically still a member of their outfit.
  12. Shanther

Oh trust me we have people signed up. We actually have WAY to many people at the moment.
  13. Church41349

I still say the server should be called Watherson
  14. Shanther

Emerald.
    • Up x 2
  15. Paragon Exile

Mattherson + Waterson = Mattherson.

Simple math guys.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dotz0r

Nope, PTS is a limited - amount of slots - compared to live. Not to mention this is a competitive match and not a one-sided "all can join affair".

Also - In general, please do not turn up unless you are taking part in an already signed up group/outfit. This is not a "everyone join in" affair. In order to create a fair, stable enviroment we have always had to use sign ups and so forth.

Please also be aware, SOE is not "Hosting this" - they are just offering us their support. This is a community run event by members of the community. Probably why you are not seeing anything official from SOE.

www.reddit.com/r/serversmash
  17. Regpuppy

That's just Waterson with a lisp. Which might be appropriate with all the VS we'll get from this merger

/zing
    • Up x 2
  18. Luighseach

That and having a platoon worth of extras log on that is not part of the competition. It is basically there to ensure that if the game ends up being corrupted by something then they will have the ability to control the outcome.

I have faith in Waterson. Get used to the name Waterson. You're going to be seeing it for a long time.
  19. Mustarde

I've seen how previous server smashes are run. It is actually pretty easy to look at who is in the teamspeak for each side, and determine if anyone is on the battlefield that shouldn't be. And any blatant foul play could end up getting your side disqualified, which has pretty significant consequences. I shall be putting my tinfoil hat on the hat rack for this one... next to my fedora.

I am really excited for the merge - new faces, new blood, and big battles. Once we finish this mergesmash, I hope we can all come together as a community and just have fun shooting each other in the face. Whatever salty tears come from this Friday, I hope by Monday we will be ready to share our new home together and have some epic multi continent battles.
  20. Canno

After the classy stunt Mattherson pulled a couple nights ago (and maybe more nights), not sure I care to play any more if that's going to be their behaviour.

Invading Waterson with offensive names and spewing offensive lines in shout and tells - then wonder why we need server merges.

I'm all for a little trash talk and having fun, but that's.. not it.