I quit PS2 I can't stand this game anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WalkingDead, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkingDead

This game just isn't for me I guess. I really wanted to like it, the bland and terrible graphics threw me off there is no art direction or anything its so generic.
    Same reused textures and badly looking character models everywhere. Lighting effects are horrible when you compare it to other games.

Some places are just too dark, there isn't as much action as you tend to see on youtube videos.
    This game seems like something I would be interested back in 2001.

I am sorry guys but I cannot forsake my Battlefield 3 and 4 for this game. DICE put in too much work on the graphics in that game and I really want to put my new PC I am building to proper DX 11 use.

I think i gave this game an honest shot, Battlefield is a lot easier and more fun to play than this it seems.

I mean Battlefield 3 on LOW looks a thousand times better than this game on Ultra I guess dice really delivered when people bashed for being console port garbage with bad company 2 so they went back to the drawing board to fix things.

Yeah I wish BF had things like VOIP and stuff and better gameplay a few stuff this game does have better. But due to the large scale of this game the visuals are forced to be terrible. too me the gameplay shortcomings of Battlefield 3 does make up for where graphics is far better.

Plus ever since they gave it away free the BF servers has tons of players now.

PS2 just does not have the hundreds of players that people talk about because lets face it this isn't peak hours and in peak hours is when I have to work or sleep to wake up to work. PS2 just does not cater to me at all it seems.

I might try Counter Strike Global Offensive.
    • Up x 2
  2. Cougarbrit

Well yeah, I guess if you value graphics that highly over content then this isn't the game for you.
    • Up x 11
  3. DaninTexas

A combined arms FPS with hundreds of people is not for everyone. Some folks like the smaller maps with no more the 8-16 opponents. That is fine.

Wish you well
    • Up x 2
  4. TheBlindFreak

lol if you're going to refer to the BF series, at least refer to the good ones and not the CoD clones.

Or at least complain about actual issues, like certain balance aspects, bugs that have been around forever, the irritating player base, and what not. Really, if you're complaining about graphics, leave. Please. The player base will be better for it.

As for population numbers, server merge talk is already floating around. Hossin, which is due out next month will bump the numbers up a bit.
    • Up x 1
  5. Plunutsud pls

This guy comes across as someone who specifically signed up here to advertise Battlefield.

Just look at his other posts.

I have BF3 and BF4 lying around but I don't play them because PS2 is bigger and better.

Battlefield has no meta compared to PS2.

PS2 also has amazing graphics for such scale and BF does not look much better.

I also lost faith in DICE when BF4 was pretty much unplayable for months after release. That game is not f2p, it was being sold in a broken state.
    • Up x 1
  6. gigastar

So is the gist of your argument is that PS2 isnt brown enough for you?

Or is it that PS2 doesnt have enough scripted map events that makes everything worse?

Id take another jab but i would sooner eat my bank card than use it to buy anything from EA.
    • Up x 1
  7. Latrodectus

Even if I mustered every fiber of my being I'm pretty sure my organs would seize and then implode before I'd be interested in some one's personal feelings about Battlefield on the PS2 forums.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paragon Exile

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Pikachu

I suspect this guy is new to video games since he doesn't understand that graphics and scale negate each other in video games. Second he doesn't realize that the BF3 and 4 are in the top class of graphics, it's one of their selling points. They are not average and therefore not meaningful to compare to PS2 which does not try to excel in graphics.
    • Up x 6
  10. Codex561

Goodbye. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Solidpew

There is something PS2 has that BF4 will never have -> :eek:
    • Up x 2
  12. Bruno Puntz Jones

I value playable performance.

Same hardware, same video settings:

In Battlefield 4, I can get 60 FPS steady (capped), with very rare dips to 30 FPS, with all game settings on low and 1280x720 resolution (720p) resolution. And I get the same steady performance in all match sizes from 12v12 up to 32v32.

In PS2, with the same NVidia settings, and with the game set to the lowest possible resolution (1024x768 with black sidebars), on the most potato possible settings, I can't get more than 40 FPS sustained anywhere outside of the warpgate, and 80% of the time in "large fights" it's staggering along at < 20 FPS, with simply inexplicable **** like sustained dips into single-digits when I'm standing in a corner, in the spawn room, with literally nothing in my view that is moving, staring at a wall.

The only situation where I can get even marginally playable framerates out of PS2 today is in a basically empty hex 12v12 fight. Anything that gets even remotely close to the "massive" battles that are supposed to be the entire point of this game turns into a slideshow.

The worst part is that when I started playing in January, I was running the game on medium/high settings and getting 60 FPS capped by smoothing with no dips at all (80+, with smoothing off). At that point, the game was working really well. But since the March patches it has just fallen to bits and become an unplayable pile of crap, for no apparent reason.

I wanted to like PS2, and I was having no problems playing it when I first started and paid for a six-month sub. And I don't actually care that much for BF4. But until they wake up and revert or reoptimize whatever garbage code they added in that caused the recent nosedive in performance, my sub is canceled and I'm on to something else.
  13. WalkingDead

hey everyone I just wanted to say I am not trying to bash PS2 or anything but its just not for me.

I might give it 1 more shot before deleting it. right now EA has a big 70% off sale on BF3 DLC I want to buy maybe End Game dlc for it. I agree PS2 has really nice stuff you won't find in any Battlefield game but sadly I can't bring myself to like it no matter what.

Its hard being spoiled by battlefield graphics. I know some here really want to believe the visuals between both games can be compared but the truth is it cannot.

BF3 and 4 has DX 11 lightning maxxed in all its glory. They can't be remotely compared its as if DICE made Battlefield 3 and 4 as an exclusive PC game then ported to consoles. Compared to the garbage we had to put up for years from Activision making COD for consoles and then porting the garbage to PC

Also like I said a million times, BF3 on low looks way better than this game on Ultra and it runs waaay better also

Say what you want about BAttlefield games today and them crying to copy COD, DICE games are highly optimized to run on most hardware. Imagine Planetside 2 on low looks like 1998 Half Life when you are outside in the desert arrid lands.

Don't believe me? put it on low and see for yourself
  14. ShadowViper

I knew this was a troll as soon as I hit bf4. 10/10 would read again.
  15. RHINO_Mk.II

Sorry, were you interested in playing a videogame or watching a movie? Your post seems like the latter.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

Wow, you need to upgrade your PC something bad.

You value performance? lol on what, a laptop? hahahahaha

Seriously though...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Morti

Muh graphics

Some of the best games are indie imo :(

But you go on back to BF where the floor is so real and wow look at the rocks
  18. WalkingDead

This is an example of Bf4 graphics

19. doombro

Pretty. Shame about the game though. ;)
  20. ShadowViper

With only 64 players, meh levels with base design as bad as ps2, and more explosive spam than ps2.

Bf4 is a terrible, terrible example to use. That game, is so bad, on so many different levels.

10/10 keep going
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.