Engineers can now Bring out Turret/Ammo with F....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Elrobochanco, May 14, 2014.

1. Elrobochanco

So that's neat. Finally a bit of love for the most cumbersome of class abilities. Buuuuuut you still need to push B to select the one you want, and are still limited to deploy rules on both. So basically it's bound to a new button but is functionally the same. I really really hope this is a halfway point.

SOE if you're listening please please continue the work to its logical end point:

Tap F to spawn ammo. Just immediately spawn it at the engineers feet. No need for collision checks with other players. If you're on the ground, make ammo where you are. And start the cooldown on the ability.

Hold F to bring up turret deploy model, release F to actually attempt to deploy. I'd love if this got some interface love so other players could see and move when you are trying to make them some cover, but honestly I just want to be able to deploy ammo without hunting for the open patch in a sea of feet.
    • Up x 21
  2. Wobulator

I like it, but take what you can get.
    • Up x 2
  3. Soturin

It is signed, I can only approve.
  4. Stormsinger

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. DirArtillerySupport

So we'd be able to drop ammo down like we would AP mines?
    • Up x 1
  6. BobSanders123

I agree, I would totally move out of the way if I saw a red mana turret hologram.
  7. Acceleratio

Y
    es this basicly. it would be hell alot more convenient! Was like this in alpha btw
  8. Silvermyst

All for this one here.

I wouldn't bother with this bit.
    This would be nice, just for allies though. (as I'm sure you were thinking but I thought I'd point it out anyways for the sake of communication)
  9. Feydakin

I am all for quality of life improvements, so yes...
    • Up x 1
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

while we are at it, how about we turn this stupid gray iphone

[IMG]

INTO AN ACTUAL AMMO BOX? LIKE THIS ONE

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  11. GeneralPeragorn

Why would we? Either it will be tiny and makes no sense or large and have collision problems. And as it is actually a box it's immersion breaking just to have ammo zapped in. I see no point for this change.
  12. Elrobochanco

I see a point in it only because it's one of the lowest quality art assets in the game, and for a class skill that's pretty lackluster.

LAs visibly jet, HAs get super shader shield, Infiltrators have a neat cloak effect, Medics get either a rad bubble shield or visible healing aura.

Engineers look like they litter after smoking a pack.
    • Up x 1
  13. AxisO7

Can we please have this 'press F to use the ammo/turret' put in as an option, rather than everybody having to do it this way? For me, pressing 'F' (or the thumb button on my mouse which I have bound to the same thing) is for a combat ability like the heavy shield or medic AOE, not something which if I push will put my weapon away and get me killed every single time. The infiltrator cloak is bad enough and does get me killed occasionally if I've been playing a lot of medic/heavy, but I can understand that as it is an actual ability.

Putting away your weapon and pulling out a tool like ammo or a turret is not the same thing. Hell, same thing with the new medic shield regen tool - I would actually like to use it sometimes but I can't since it gets me killed constantly. Every other medic loadout - press your ability button when you get in a fight to give yourself the best chance. That one other medic loadout - press your ability when in a fight and it's instant death. To say it's frustrating is an understatement. But at least I can choose not to use that loadout. Now they are going to do the same thing to my most used class - engi? :(

Many people want to be able to use that same button, but many people don't. Even if the new default does things this way, please give us the option of using the old way.
    • Up x 1
  14. rocko95

Exactly this, every time I play infiltrator I push f when I go into combat, since I normally play medic or heavy, and then I end up dead. I will be extremely unimpressed if this happens to be while I am playing engineer as well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Skooma Lord

I think it shouldn't be the ability key (F), we should be able to drop the ammo pack like mines.
    For the F key we should have something like this in my opinion.--> engineer-ability
  16. libbmaster

GUYS, THEY MADE IT A PHYSICS OBJECT, LIKE C4 OR MINES!
  17. Elrobochanco

18. Outreach

Don't care for this at all. So instead of giving engineers a actual class ability you just rebinded the key for me and made a small qol change that should have been done a year ago. You could have easily just made it so that engineers resupply ammo to anyone withing a certain range of them. Need ammo? Go stand next to a engineer. That damn simple. Then you could have added a actual class ability.

They should be building around the ACE tool as a class ability. Engineers should carry all their tools with them. The ACE tool should be able to spawn any of the engi's tools but only be able to keep a certain amount deployed. (the amount of items able to be deployed at once is upgradable). If I need a AI turret, then i switch to ace turret and deploy it. Tanks coming? I should be able to switch it to av turret right there on the spot and deploy it. Getting swarmed by air, switch it to aa turret right there. Not constantly keep going back to a terminal. Make the damn engineer feel like a engineer, seeing as how you made heavies the anti armor (anti everything actually) then start giving engineers way more tools a deployables. Un****ingacceptable that all the other classes keep getting all the tools out of the engineer kit while the engineer gets jack all in return.