What ideas from other games would you like to see in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ThunderSock

Commander mode like the Close Combat games
    [IMG]
    Unlike RTS, you control soldiers that don't do exactly what you tell them to do. There are many many orders you can give and you can't see outside LOS of your units. Seeing inside buildings like you could do in Close Combat would have to be implemented somehow.
  2. NinjaTurtle

Boob physics
    • Up x 1
  3. Maelthra

Wouldn't have to implement it for VS. The spandex is too tight to allow for any jiggle.
  4. NinjaTurtle

Damn you spandex
  5. KnightCole

Cuz the human shooter gets kinda boring. Too few games use Robots in their line ups lol.

Mechwarrior Online is a sinking ship that even the people who support and like it dont really like it much.
    Hawken, idk what that game is about, but it just looks like Call of duty with robots...

Not many other roboty games, no new version of Mechcommander series.....

The Sword n board DnD RPGs get boring and the people/tanks/planes shooters get boring, robots kinda spice stuff up a bit. Even if they are kinda derpy and OP.
  6. KnightCole

Yeah, people who would camp on an empty titan while they lose all the missile pods below? yeah, I recall that one lol. I was guilty of that a few times.
  7. Pathogenic

The kit selection is stiflingly small and boring for a scifi shooter. I'm not looking for crossbows that shoot angry tribbles and wasps ( http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/5/c/1/gfs_191346_2_3.jpg ), but the game needs more outlandishness. We don't even have frickin flamethrowers.

Rangefinder should be a basic feature, not an implant. It's simply not worth it over something like Battle Hardened or Regen or the Counter Spot one. Or at the very least a part of some scopes. Tons of games with it in it.

Thermal and nightvision should be stock as well as split up. Smoke should be upgraded to block both due to proliferation. Pretty standard, I think.

Engineers should have something like a max nanite count and a wide array of structures possible to build, a la games like Sanctum and Orcs Must Die.

The render limits need to be upped, tweaked to always show visible targets (so 300m radius with much higher range in your FOV), or able to be personalized. The game is checking whether they are in range or not already anyway, and it's infuriating to simply not be *able* to try to snipe from longer ranges. I guess this could be taken as "Making ultra ranged combat at least plausible like it is in many other games."

I sort of wish the resource system was like EVE lite. Not so much the collection aspects, but just make everything have a resource cost. A basic kit that costs nothing but is weaker overall, then upgrades that cost more but are lost on death. Infantry would still have less cost than vehicles, but there would be more tangible benefits for every infantry kill. It'd also make it easier for each person to play their style continuously.

Going further from that, there should be some epic level crap that requires squads and platoons to pool resources together. Things like giant, super slow, and super tanky landcrawlers that are basically Sundy+s, airships, deathrays, and weapons of mass destruction. With the resource "reserve" mentioned in the revamp, everyone in the group would be taking a long term effectiveness hit for persistent items and a short one for anything instant.

Riot shields for heavies. I'm so jelly of NC MAXes. Again, they've been in tons of games with varying degrees of power.

I wish medics were more like TF2 medics instead of just being revive bots.

I know people hate lockdowns, but one of my favorite things ever was the Assault class in Global Agenda. Instead of raw DPS or tankiness, the lockdown mode on the LMGs greatly improved ammo efficiency and let you do suppressing fire.

I wish flashbangs didn't suck.

There should be a decoy grenade option that puts up an actual decoy for people to shoot at. I can't think of any FPS games with this in it, but decoys are great countersniping tools.
  8. Halcyon

Too bad 99% of this stuff won't even be considered.

I find it really telling that SOE made the statement of "we screwed up with SWG, we will listen to the community from now on" and yet we still get crap like implants you can't even turn off when you want.
    How many threads went up protesting the implant system? Any word that it will be changed?

No.

How many threads have shed light on how Vanu camo shows ZERO of their faction colors while TR/NC light up like christmas trees?
    Has this been addressed?

Nope.

We wanted name change tokens and cert respec tokens. Both were put into the roadmap with deadlines.
    Both are now flailing in the wind.

Bottom line I see with PS2: the devs do what they want, not what the community wants in general.

My opinion anyway. Others may disagree.
  9. Lucidius134

your brand is too strong
  10. Udnknome

I guess we can Bring BFRs to the game now since Titanfall made that option viable.

My own suggestion, I'd like a few lore based weapons. The lore for the original Jackhammer was that it was a mining tool (yes a jackhammer) that was modified to become a shotgun. NC were miners and farmers (yes.. and corporations, not everyone is a CEO in a corporation).

Maybe more unconventional weapons like this. (perhaps OP on indar)[IMG]
  11. King Feraligatr

Should the Feraligatr get an Electric immunity and eat the Pikachu? :)
  12. Moz

Walkers please (cant believe we dont have them already TBH).

Not sure if this should be a vehicle for two men (like it was in BF2142) or if it should be some extension of a max unit.

But yeah, walkers would look so nice stomping round Hossin.....

[IMG]
  13. Gorganov

Deeper Vehicle Customization. Adding to the vehicle adds to the resource cost.
    Using Vanguard as an example:

Standard Cost: 250 (+430) Total: 680

Empire Specific: Choose 1 (+75)

--50% resist, active for X amount of time. (+50)
    --Full resist, Immune for X amount of damage.(+75)
    --Aegis, Deploy the vanguard for a frontal shield (+50)

Utility: Choose up to 3 (+25 Each) (+75)

--Smoke
    --Fire Suppression (+25)
    --Auto Repair (+25)
    --Radar
    --Turbo (+25)

Main Cannon: As many as you want (+235)

--Reduce Cooldown (+10 per .1 second) (+50)
    --Increase Velocity by 100 m/s (+50)
    --Add Secondary fire mode (Choose 1)
    -Coaxial(+25), Scatter Shot(+25), Rail Gun(+100)
    --Optics (up to 2)
    -Zoom (+5 per level) (+10), Thermal (+25)

Armor: Front, Side, Top, Bottom. Level 1 - 3 (5%, 10%, 15%) (+5 Each) (+20)

--Front(+10)
    --Side (+10)
    --Bottom

Speed: Level 1 - 5 (+5 each) (+25)

Spent way too much time on this, but it would be awesome.
    • Up x 2
  14. Crashsplash

Anyone underwhelmed that when the question is 'what ideas' the answer appears to be just another gun? And frankly the answer of 'another vehicle' shows a similar dearth of imagination.
  15. MostlyClueless

Doors.
  16. Sparrow

17. PlatoonLeaderG

We dont have many unique guns like lasher/mcg.Not the same existing guns with different stats but something different for example flamethrowers ,a toxic gun,a gun that can shoot throught walls,etc.
  18. Yaesu

Like on WoW, quests. Not like alerts where you get 2 hours. Something that could take days maybe. A list of objectives that, when reached, pays out tons of XP and certs. Perhaps a rare weapon or implant drop to. Something to change up the "same ole same ole".
  19. DQCraze

I know ascend came out, but if they came out with an updated graphics version of tribes 2 with the same bases, gameplay and mods it would steamroll any game on the market right now.

How to make money? Sub fee of 19.99 a month with 5 dollars going to player voted charities. Vote on legit charities like red cross or St jude children's hospital. Game would get free publicity and players could actually make a real life difference for someone.
  20. Morti

Interesting guns that sacrifice DPS/velocity/overall ammo for unique abilities.

Like the Phaseshift coulda had something cool like "On kill: cloaks user for 5 seconds and allows firing while cloaked."

Think TF2