Hossin delayed to next month

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jun 11, 2014.

1. senondo

Well... i was Member/AlphaSquad/SCbuyer since launch.
    This month my membership ran out...guess what?

With all the competence this team has been showing the last 9 Month you gotta pull some awesome thing
    to get me back...but i dont think you can (or care).
    • Up x 6
  2. Kunavi

Heh heh.. -.-
  3. SinerAthin

I'm not really all that excited for Hossin to begin with.

It wouldn't make much of a difference to me even if they never even released the stupid continent :D

I'd rather take a couple new sets of ES vehicles over Hossin continent anyday.
    • Up x 2
  4. senondo

Its not about Hossin itself (for me) but more PS2 Progress in genreall, since the game was released WAAAAAY to early
    there should be atleast some serious progress afterwards. But its not happening, seeing hossin taking soooooooooooooooo long how will they ever finish ContLattice, BattleIslands, ESVehicles?
  5. Ruffdog

Just put PS2 down for a month and watch the World Cup, bro
  6. Goretzu

Have the mentioned continent locking?

4 Continents seems more sensible with continent locking (and, of course, continent locking can't really happen until there are at least 4 continents).
  7. HadesR

Yup we have come to expect Players having to re-post SOE's comments from 3rd party sites in order for us to get that level of transparency.

As for Hossin ?

Oh well *shrugs* Kinda starting to give up the Ghost with the game ... PS2 is going to take so many years for it to move away from being a arcade console large scale TDM ... If it ever does .. What's a few months here or there ..
    • Up x 5
  8. 3asyD

Sub cancelled, have been on a long break was waiting for hossin and cont lock. Had outfit meeting last night and we decided to take a longer break like not coming back till this crap gets sorted if it ever does.
    • Up x 2
  9. Crashsplash

Yea, possible. It would not be good to bring Hossin in without even the limited cont locking that they intend at this point.
  10. OldMaster80

This.
    Even if they slowed down development the roadmap remains a big pile of c**p. They just can't fulfill the deadlines THEY decided.
    If you consider all the things they have cancelled or postponed well... It's tons development hours thrown away :(
  11. faykid

I think most people will treat Hossin like the new Amerish. They will be curious at first, but it won't beat Indar. There will be even less Esamir action, most battles will be on Indar, and a very few on Hossin and/or Amerish.

Don't wait for Hossin like its something game changing. It won't change anything, just forget about it and don't look forward. It's not worth it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bickdouglas

They just aren't allocating enough resources to finishing Hossin, if they did we wouldn't be dealing with this monthly delays. I remember when they were claiming that there would "3 continents a year", yet they can't even be counted on to release one in a TWO year time frame.
    • Up x 3
  13. Konstantinn

It is game changing. No Hossin means no battle islands, without both of those no continent locking. Continent locking would implement being able to fight over continent or island with just 2 factions instead of all 3 participating at all times. Also sense of accomplishment if you capture a continent, much stronger sense of which faction is dominant at the time.

Hossin not being finished also means resources are going to be tied up into finishing it longer, meaning no new vehicles like the new Tank and new 4 person aircraft we were promised.

In the grand scheme of things 1 month delay is not a huge deal. Just disappointed that it will take longer.
  14. RadarX

I completely understand the sentiment behind your concern over this being on Reddit but there wasn't a thread over here about this topic which I took to mean either the forum community was either less concerned or not watching the E3 coverage. Surely you weren't expecting me to create an announcement thread saying Higby just told the press Hossin is coming in July.

I'd also like to point out the Tank/L:iberator changes were exclusively discussed on the forums.

Guys we know you want the content. We also know you want it completely functional and that is what we are shooting for with this.
    • Up x 5
  15. PWGuy93

Hopefully the delay means they will ship Hossin with the Interlink facilities, NOT without them as they had stated.
    Without the interlinks, it to me, really isn't Hossin.
    • Up x 2
  16. HadesR

My main concern is that delay after delay just means that things that would actually make a huge impact to the game ( For me that would be the complete Resource Revamp ) will also be pushed further and further down the line ..

While Hossin would bring Cont locking that to me in itself doesn't make the game less shallow .. It would just be less shallow on one less continent .. But now I fear for the time frame for features that would give the game more depth .. and this game can't really afford to drag it's feet ( in regards to the PC version at least ).
    • Up x 1
  17. Bickdouglas

One could argue the current version of locking will be shallow considering the continental lattice is now "unscheduled". I'll admit that with the amount of delays this continent has seen makes me question how much of a priority it is for SOE to actually release it.
  18. CEGrif

the Interlinks will not be shipping with hossin
  19. Bindlestiff

The trouble is at this stage RadarX, the content is just not seen to be forthcoming. Nobody - reasonable - is expecting huge content week in, week out but in real terms the true 'content' updates have been so few and far between that people are finding less and less to make them want to play, want to subscribe, and want to attempt to explain to their friends how awesome the game is so that they end up playing too.

We are promised new continents - nothing delivered to live as yet, and further delays announced make this a standing joke on the forum.

We are promised new battle islands - these have been used on special events but remain locked to the general public, so it is new content we cannot get at and enjoy (yet).

We are promised new vehicles (the NS MBT and the Valkyrie) but the timescales are so far off we'll be lucky if there is anyone left to shoot when using them.

Nobody wants unfinished content, but after two years a lot of people are growing less tolerant of the same stuff (especially when it seems we are back to the Indarside days of old again) over and over again. It is all too clear to see with Roadmap that items simply aren't being completed to schedule, regularly, and again that doesn't help but fuel the speculation that effort is simply not being diverted to the game. With Jimmy moving on to H1Z1 and Clegg following closely after, the game lost 2 high profile, public facing, brilliant dev minds to what is essentially a rival game. Announcements like (and I'll paraphrase) "if you've played the PC version the PS4 version will look better" just smack every single PC based player, both paying and non paying, in the face. Why should it look better on console? There is no justifiable reason for it. From the outside looking in it seems the PC version of PS2 is a problem child that nobody really wants to play with anymore.

SOE need to retain the player base they have before attempting to win over new players. Fix the broken capture points, fix the broken UI, perform server merges (especially in the EU) so people can play in the massive battles everywhere (not just one hex on one continent), and bring out fresh and exciting content at a steady, sensible pace that keeps veteran and new players alike happy.

I've unsubscribed due to the fact I'm so unsettled with the way this game is going, and I'm seeing nothing to indicate any reason for me to reverse that decision, especially with this ridiculous tank / air update pending. Next to no exposure in E3 also does nothing to allay my concerns either. It is almost as if everyone is scared to wake the sleeping giant. Just do it, for the sake of everyone who loves this game.

Edit: For the record, I love this game. But it seems I'm rapidly falling out of love with it.
    • Up x 14
  20. TheBlindFreak

Speaking of completely functional, any word on the phantom capture point flipping bug?

Also, just want to say I really appreciate you jumping in to give feedback, Radar. It makes the forumside of the game so much more bearable.