Factions teaming up, being under- or over- powered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kemano, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Kemano

I have played the majority of my time on Connery as NC, and constantly hear about TR & VS ganging up on NC for alerts, NC weapons being underpowered, and so forth. After I was pretty comfortable with my NC character, I started working on TR and VS alts to become more familiar with weapons and such.

This is what I found out:

TR complains about NC and VS teaming up, being underpowered, and NC damage and VS accuracy being overpowered.
    NC complains about TR and VS teaming up, being underpowered, and TR fire rate and VS accuracy being overpowered.
    VS complains about TR and NC teaming up, being underpowered, and TR fire rate and NC damage being overpowered.

Theory: There are 3 empires, each out for its own best interests, with a trait, that are balanced, just different. There are also weapons and vehicles from Nanite Systems that have less damage than NC weapons, slower fire rate than TR weapons, and less accurate than VS weapons, but overall have pretty decent statistics.

Also, skill, coordination, teamwork, creativity, etc can massively boost fighting strength usually proportional to the levels of each...

PS everyone thinks players who aren't part of their group/outfit/squad/platoon are more dangerous to their own faction than to the enemy and unreliable, but everyone is free to play in the way they choose just as I am. I learned early on to stay out of firing lines of friendlies, and to become good at anything effective that was used against me.
    • Up x 3
  2. Necron

TR and VS have ALWAYS ganged up on NC on Connery. Never going to change. The would still rather fight us than each other most of the time. I don't think it's about being UP or OP, it comes from the time when the NC were the whipping boys/girls in the game due to largely inferior equipment( and VS had ZOE so TR didn't like fighting them, and TR had the massively OP Striker, so VS didn't like fighting TR). That's been pretty much balanced out now, but the TR and VS still attack NC first. I think it's more habit than anything.
    • Up x 1
  3. FieldMarshall

Herer is what i noticed on my server:

I play all 3 empires, and everybody complains about everything. Everyone gangs up on everyone and everyone has better weapons because they are OP.

TR does win more alerts, but thats because not enough VS care about alerts.
    And NC gets stuck defending biolabs against 20% attackers, while loosing everything, even with pop advantage. And then complains.
    While TR are alert tryhards.
  4. Leftconsin

When I play NC on Connery I am constantly trying to convince my platoon lead to attack VS.

Why? Because I am a TR spy.
    • Up x 1
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

It's easier to complain than it is to get better.
  6. FateJH

If you are always paranoid about the other two factions ganging up on yours, you need more less persecution complex That is outside of the scope of this game.
  7. Idle

If you play alot on NC Connery look at your map and you will usually see the NC front line flashing while there is only a little bit of action on the TR/VS front.

This is not all the time its just the usually trend on Connery. NC Connery have the pop to cope with this but during the ZOE times NC had under pop but was still double teamed most of the time. This was the time that alot of NC complained about it.

NC still complain to each other sometimes and sometimes in yell but have not seen 2 many posts about it.

On my VS on Briggs guess what? NC gets double teamed, have only seen it happen to VS a few times but your post Op said that when I m playing VS I d feel like I was being double teamed. I dont and try and fight TR because I dont mind seeing a faction get warpgated but I m not going to camp them unless they have done it to my faction or they won the last alert.

So in my experience on 2 servers NC get attacked by both factions the most. I wonder if this is the case on other servers or they have a different whipping boy?
  8. SevenTwo

That sounds like Miller?
    • Up x 2
  9. Whatupwidat

Totally, TR and VS gang up on NC during alerts - which is why my kills during alerts with my TR character are 80% Vanu.
  10. minhalexus

Why do people care so much about alerts?

The EXP is not that good, and it is not always fun.
    Plus you get like 6 alerts a day, so no worries if you lost one.

I participate in alerts, cuz everyone is there, but I've stopped caring if we win or lose. As long as we get a good fight, I'm happy.
  11. Luighseach

Pretty much what happened on most servers and is still happening on Waterson.
  12. HadesR

Well let's be honest no one really like fighting the VS anyway ..

They are the kid that's always picked last, who you only play with when you have no choice .. :)
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

I think people go where the best fights are.
    This is especially true during off-hours. I've seen many alerts won by try-hard platoons sending 1 guy to every base and flipping the points. This rancid ghost-capping lead to many dominations. Nobody wants to leave a good fight to go retake the point at an empty base. This makes the opposing factions believe VS is teaming up with the other factions to win.
    The most popular complaint I see is "GG (NC/TR) letting VS win the alert!"
    Or even worse scenarios, TR and NC are only fighting each other, while VS are all on the other side of the continent with no fun battles. Especially a massive biolab farm at Rashnu, the south-west warpgaters are left without a good battle :(
  14. DaninTexas

I can't get 3 other people to grab G2A launchers to clear the sky of libs for a push. Why do people think 2 factions can band together against the 3rd in ANY meaningful way is just crazy to me.
    • Up x 1
  15. Axehilt

The "good fight" Math favors intelligent play.
    • If the underdogs foolishly fight each other, they'll have a brief period of "good fighting" followed by massive crushing defeat as the population leader rolls in and cashes in on a free win.
    • If the underdogs gang up on the pop leader, far more balanced battles happen since the pop leader has to split their pop and can't out-pop both fronts. (If pop is 40/30/30%, then the leading empire has to somehow use 40% to hold off 60%.)
    By always attacking the leading empire, you create fairer fights while also cashing in on a larger wad of free XP at the end of the alert.
    But yeah, 99% of players don't see the big picture.
  16. Udnknome

Fixed it. TR & VS basically have the same accuracy and ROF. The margin of difference is roughly +/- 10% discounting VS lack of bullet drop on some weapons.

I really haven't seen many forum posts about the other two factions "teaming up" until this last week. I can only guess it is because the average player age has decreased due to summer break.
  17. Mekeji

I always try and reason with fellow TR in /yell when they complain about being ganged up on. I usually just check the map and look at the NC VS border and then tell the people complaining about being ganged up on to look at _____ location where the pie chart is even and there are 48+ enemies.

As far as weapons I just tell the person to go join the other faction if their weapons are so much better.

Now the thing I have noticed on Waterson is that the VS have this weird obsession with finding TR NC fights and flying in to harass both sides from the sky.

Also I can't remember where but on Amerish there was a bridge crossing right in the center of the 3 factions and all 3 had tanks rolling towards it and next thing I know I was standing between magriders, vanguards, and prowlers all shooting at each other. However their was a rock formation between the VS road and the TR base near the bridge. NC started complaining about VS and TR teaming up. Mean while I am being shot at by the same lasers they are being shot at by.

When you have more than 2 sides in a battle people will always feel like they are being targeted by both when in reality they are just in the center of a cluster ****.
    • Up x 1
  18. FieldMarshall

Yes, lol :D