Multiple characters and the merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Omarmh, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Omarmh

Does anyone know whats going to happen to those of us that have characters on both Waterson and Matherson?

Hopefully they will allow a character transfer, if not it will basically kill one of the characters!
  2. TheShrapnelKing

Like SOE cares.
    • Up x 1
  3. OddChelsea

You will just have all of them on one server. They wont do anything about that.
  4. Iridar51

Suddenly this guy is relevant. He makes you choose too ;)
    [IMG]
  5. Tentakewls

Char names are primary keys so it shouldn't be an issue unless you mean having problems with the max amount of chars you can have, then again, I'm pretty sure you can have plenty of them so I don't see what's the problem there either.
  6. SevenTwo

Seeing that we aren't faction locked in any way or limited to only one character per server and we don't have any permanent assets in the game world itself (like houses in the world etc.), there should be absolutely no problems with the merge.

All names (both player and outfit) are unique afaik. so from a player perspective, there should be no issues at all - your character is just tied to another server.
  7. LibertyRevolution

So, I will now have 2 VS and 2 TR characters on the merged east coast server...
    Looks like I will be waiting for one of them server transfer tokens they unscheduled.. :(
    In the meantime, I guess I now have 2 resource pools and 2 sets of cooldown timers to play with. :eek: