Buff the lmg accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dreamstarnight1, Jun 9, 2014.

1. dreamstarnight1

as of right now lmg need to be more accurate. It is quite hard to kill moving target at 100m even when unloading 50 bullet to enemy. Lmp need to be accurate to mimic suppression fire.
  2. Axehilt

It's quite hard to hit a target that's moving at 200m too.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

Making it easy to be extremely accurate at extreme ranges has profound impacts on a game about massive combat. It's why sniper rifles fundamentally can't ever be that powerful, and why it's fine for LMGs to be about as good as they are at range.

It's also why the reductions to tank and liberator effective ranges in the upcoming patch will probably be very good for the game overall if they make it through.
  3. Casterbridge

LMGs being somewhat inaccurate is part of their balance, also shooting at any target at a 100m or greater is getting into scout and sniper rifle territory and possibly battle rifles, in theory.
    • Up x 7
  4. dreamstarnight1

I can kil target e en at 75m lol. Sniper rifle is useless sometime when lmg can outgun you at range. What I hope is that lmp could get a slight buff to engage up to 150m
  5. Vikarius

0/10

If anything HA needs to be toned down, not get weapon buffs
    • Up x 1
  6. a-koo-chee-moya

HA is very balanced, as it is the real force behind any infantry push (Unless your NC with shotgun maxs that can take any building.) If your complaining because you try to 1v1 them, then you simply shouldn't as any class but HA and MAX. HA is supposed to be a "Heavy Assault" class.
    • Up x 1
  7. MrJengles

Why is the LMG even on the Heavy Assault? The front line soldier carrying a high-capacity, supposed suppression weapon that HAS to be quite bad so the HA isn't even more powerful. Too much BF influence.

This reminds me, I think it was on the ReachCast with Higby that he mentioned they would like to look into new mechanics like weapons becoming MORE accurate as they fire. Sounds like LMGs to me. Of course, this is long term...
  8. a-koo-chee-moya

A suppression weapon would be much more appropriate for Infil or Engi so they could help their squad rush enemy positions.
  9. Vikarius

Balanced hahahaha. That is a good one.

Max = cost resources and has a cooldown. HA does not.

The word " Heavy Assault " does not mean "Master of all". If it did, there would only be HA, MAX, and Medgineers would just have a repair/med tool to be slaves to the HA and MAXes.

By your definition "Light Assault" would then mean what? "Fodder for all"? God forbid because it's not "Heavy".

HA needs to either be toned down and/or have forced specialization in loadouts. As in when a player is choosing their loadouts it needs to be AI focused, AV focused, or AA focused. Not 2-3 at once. This would be solved by changing up some of the RLs to each have one of those focuses, and suck at everything else they are not specialized in. Also making it so certain RLs are equipped in primary slot only, and only the default S1 launchers should be able to be re-upped at engi ammo packs. Then change the heavy shields so NMG only absorbs explosive damage, Resist shield only resists small arms, and Adrenal absorbs a weak amount of both.

I'd prefer a flat resource cost on ammo for every RL except the S1s, so the above is a compromise

- Edit - IF LMGS were removed from HA, they should probably be given to medic.

I would have personally made the weapon choices as follows:

LA: Carbines, SMG, Scout rifle, Dual pistols or just pistol secondary
    HA: Shotguns, RLs, Faction Heavy Weapons, Battle rifles
    Medic: ARs, LMG, Pistols
    Engineer: SMGs, ARs, pistols
    Infiltrator: Carbines, Sniper rifles, Pistols

*Battle rifles should all function like a Reaper/A-tross with a little sway in faction flavor ofc. Which would mean removing the longest range ARs from the AR category. Battle rifles should not function like Scout rifles. (See H&K G3)
  10. DaninTexas

As a mainly HA player - no it doesn't need an accuracy buff
  11. DaninTexas

Only if you increase the killing power of the lock on missiles.
  12. a-koo-chee-moya

13. Vikarius

That doesn't even make sense and that is your problem right there. You thinka single HA should be compareable to a MAX/Deployable/Tank......at once too im guessing?

lol......^
  14. a-koo-chee-moya

15. Vikarius

As they should be. HA has ZERO cooldown. HAs weapons have ZERO resource cost. HA does not have the hitbox size of a MAX and not even close to that of a Tank.

So it should be weaker at say AA when using a loadout specialized in AA compared to a MAX/Tank that is using a loadout specialized in AA
  16. a-koo-chee-moya

HA may have a smaller hitbox, but it has a lot less health. Unless your hiding in spawn, you'll be hunted down and killed by air in 2-3 shots. Its obviously much worse AI than a MAX, which can be revived and fully repaired as it has 2 health bars instead of 1 health and 1 shield. MAX also has an insane amt of resistance to small arms, something around 70% stock.

If HA was just a weaker version, no one would play it. You might as well pull the better version and be more effective and probably survive longer.
  17. JesNC

Speaking as a NC here, most LMGs are laser accurate. TR LMGs suffer from more horizontal recoil, but IMO make up for it in RoF and CQC potential.

If you can't drop a target @75m, L2burstfire.
  18. Vikarius

and.. again that is why your logic is flawed.... MAX has a resource cost AND a cooldown. HA has neither. HA also has a shield that regens, MAX does not (NC ability doesn't count) and HAS to be repaired.

So ofc pple would play HA, it is more mobile then a MAX for one.... and it would be used for the same situations a MAX would be needed in when the MAX is on cooldown or the user needs to build up resources (or doesnt want to spend them in that situation)

So yes... it SHOULD be a weaker version
  19. a-koo-chee-moya

The point it, that a weaker version will not be used that much. Also, MAX has more health and therefore survivability. and a similar hitbox from the air. MAX can also adapt to be a much better AA than Heavy with its Bursters.
    Also, you want to make heavy specialized, but it won't matter when HA lock on air rocket launcher can't be resupplied except for from Sunderers and spawn points, AND he has to give up his primary, making HA utterly useless. A Burster MAX would be much better and could at least do something against Infantry as well.
  20. hawken is better

LMGs are balanced on being slightly less accurate (or having less DPS) than their assault rifle/carbine counterparts. I mean hell, I'd gladly take assault rifles on my heavy assault, but that's not going to happen. Leave the accuracy as is.