Implant drops

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DK22, Jun 9, 2014.

1. DK22

Its just dumb, I can play a good 200+ cert night, and get just one charger.
    yet repair a single turret I get 2 implants and a charger. WTH?
    is it just my style or what?
  2. Larington

You get a chance for an implant or charger to drop for every single tick of xp. This means that activities like ammo resupply, MAX/vehicle repair, motion spotting & healing (Rather clever really, considering these are all support roles) give high rewards in the form of implants.
    Though don't be surprised if the implant upgrade random number generator refuses to give you the implant you want most for aaaaages.
    • Up x 3
  3. FateJH

Part of the qualifications for frequent implant drops is the frequency of experience gain, not just a flat experience gain value. I find that I pick up certs most often while doing MAX pocket Engineering, or when a bunch of experience gaining events happen simultaneously.

What he said.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rift23

So that's the real reason they're nerfing libs.
  5. DK22

So is it meant to be a reward for doing support rather than fighting, seems like a strange system.
    Is that what was intended?
  6. Paragon Exile

Planetside 2 is probably one of the most support and team-oriented games ever made; the support classes allow the gun game to actually happen. Support play needs to be focused upon and greatly incentivized, this is one method of doing so outside of a direct buff.

<3 Medic
  7. DK22

okey-dokey then.