Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wobberjockey

it's SOE.

assume it's not an oversight and lightnings are going to be exempt.
  2. Silus

Aye, with ya there on that. The velocity change will just **** up the Skyguard to high heavens.

Honestly I'd like to see Lightnings get stabilization but keep the current velocities on their weapons to make up for their flimsy nature.
  3. GeekDucks

Why? This is ridiculous. You should adjust on a minor scale instead of nuking the vehicles. The most feedback I see on this that is positive it from people that seem to play as a lone wolf. The way they were mad it towards a team had to work together to take them out, and not a single person. Yes, some things should have been taken down a notch, but not so far they will be useless altogether.

I understand PS2 is coming to PS4 soon, but make the game different for the different platform for the higher skill level of the PC players.
  4. druzinko

I hereby challenge kevmo and/or any other dev to gun for me or any other good liberator crew for a few hours. I think that's all it would take before they realize just how awful most of the lib nerfs would be.
    • Up x 3
  5. JackD

This will kill the Lib. On the skilled/top level it already is close to impossible to kill a ESF since it can just out maneuver all guns at once. I dont mind the nerf to the Dalton even though it is to much. I spend over 250 hours in a Lib mostly flying and what i can say from that experience is that 95% of Gunners are not good enough to kill air consistent. There is a handul of good Dalton gunners on each Server, and the Shredder, its nice against air, but you need to fly good and aim good to be effective with it. That is why the Tankbuster is the Nr.1 A2A weapon that the Lib does have, which is ludicrous since it works like a shotgun.

But what you dont seem to get is, that the other Noseguns suck so hard because you cant use them against air. They are to slow and without burst you cant kill a ESF with a nosegun since it can out maneuver it. The Lib cant roll fast enough which is why even the best Lib pilots maneuver 10-15 seconds to have a 2-3 second window were they have the ESF in their crossair before it is gone again. BUt this is the only way to kill ESF consistent unless you have a great gunner, which as i said only a handful of pilot have.

Bringing up the TKK of the Tankbuster against ESF means, you reduce the skillcap so hard that Lib pilots will be soloed by ESF pilots far less skilled and experienced then themselfes. This will kill it. You can nerf it against ground all you want, but nerfing it against air, will only leave people using it that fly over spawn and bombard it until an actuall pilot comes along and kills them.

You guys got to realize that Libs spend a awful lot of time fighting against air, no matter if they want or dont want to. When skill gets removed from those fights, you can figure yourself who will use it.
    • Up x 1
  6. JackD

PS: on nerfing the Airhammer. Its almost as you dont want anything in game that is fun.
    • Up x 2
  7. GoEErs

I was just getting used to dealing with them in their current state. I'm not questioning your judgement but why would you perform an update only to revert the update(from 3 months ago) and then nerf that? Truly puzzling IMO.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

so you fine nothing wrong with the liberator being able to 1-3 shot nearly anything in the air with a nosegun?

Also the fact that a long range aircraft has a Anti tank close range weapon?

Perhaps liberators should be protected by friendly ESF's and/or the Spur and the vector need buffs to make them more viable.
  9. Scr1nRusher

the devs don't use vehicles much, most of them primarily play medic when they want to play PS2.
    • Up x 1
  10. Collin

The LIB changes are needed not only for the balance of the game. Its for the new players as well. The skill ceeling (!?) for the lib is sky high to the point where they can´t be killed no more and farm all day long.

New players cant compete with this and will die over and over again + there is no connection between a lib and the ground atm. You cant hear them you cant shoot them you just die.

Planetside was always about that a BR1 can kill a BR100 basicly but the LIB is so out of whack atm its as hard to kill as a BFR back in the days but with the difference that you have to put a lot of time and recourses into it just to deter that thing and it flys into save habour and when its killed it can be pulled again (BFR´s had an hour timer).

LIBS should have feared the ESF´s in the first place and not being a good platform to fight them.

Every LIB pilot I spoke to in my outfit and other outfits agreed the the LIBS are a game breaker atm. Fights are over when the libs can take over the sky. As infantry there is no defence against that.

- Bringing LIBS closer into the fight is a very good change

For the game its a change that is needed and needs to be implemented fast. New players will come and STAY
    • Up x 2
  11. Soques

SOE, I am disappointed again. You continue to make bad changes in your game. You continue to think small about what this game could be. You continue to balance your half completed game. When I was lucky enough to go to SOE Live, and meet all of the awesome community members and play in the showdown to get second place with NNG and DA I had faith in what you were doing. Your community was the strongest in any game that I had ever seen. It continues to be so, despite that the community bonds I forged are in the process of walking away.

Outfits came together in respect of one another’s talents in the hopes of swaying the tides of battle when the new promised objectives were set to release. Players came together to hone their abilities at the prospect of tournament level play, a type of community I had never been a part of before. While we waited for SOE to complete this, we participated in events like Comm Clash and held rivalries with players from other servers and in general dusted the fields of Auraxis with enough Salt to add flavor to the game.
    In over a year you have shown the community that this game is not SOE’s focus any longer. Devs being moved to other projects and a general lack of meaningful game content in the last year exemplifies this. The biggest problem with the design as it stands now is this game is comprised of spawn camping, in all of it’s varieties. It is absolutely **** to be stuck in a spawn room because to step outside is instant death. But I ask you, what else is there?

What vehicle players want (And infantry players also, though they may not know it) is more vehicle on vehicle combat. It doesn't exist, it will continue to not exist for a very simple reason. Without a resource system that involves a supply chain to divert people away from bases the natural collection of players will be at bases. Given that bases are won and lost by infantry then the natural course is for everything in the game to suppress infantry. Until this changes the game play will remain poor. This is again if you even prescribe to the idea that capturing bases matter.

They don’t. Why?

No intercontinental connections. Lets go fight on the same continent every day, at the same bases every day until Warpgates rotate on some random interval. I am not clear on what this game wants to achieve. SOE, claims that this is better than other FPS games because of the numbers of people who can shoot at each other. This is without a doubt true. However, what are vehicles for in this game? If they are for a brief time away from the infantry game play to shake it up, then please say so.

This game is not finished, doesn't look like it will get finished.

“Sorry guys, need to divert resources to MMORPG using the same engine and a zombie game cuz that pop-game type is going to fade soon.” – last 6 months

Either way, I have spoken, in text and with dollars. This is not a combined arms game. This will continue to not be a combined arms game. Those who would continue to hope otherwise will continue to be disappointed.
    • Up x 9
  12. Scr1nRusher

EXACTLY!!

Now if SOE could remove HE rounds from tanks & Bio-labs this game would be perfect.

A Balanced liberator is the only piece thats missing.
  13. Dreadnaut

It's the single hardest thing to do in the entire game, hitting an ESF with a slow moving projectile from 1 moving aircraft to another. There's nothing else in this game that's harder than doing that.

Everything that's hard they make harder, and everything easy get easier. They're also nerfing the fun right out of the game.
    • Up x 6
  14. Schwak

So glad Libs and ESFs are getting thrown into the toilet Harasser style. Time to start tanking again lel.
    • Up x 3
  15. Titan6

You can already tell by this thread that Liberator crews use the Liberator as an A2A platform, instead of an A2G platform. Which is a problem in and of itself.
    • Up x 2
  16. Collin

Trust me there are harder things in this game to do! And when you can fire 1 shot into a semi good ESF great achievment. You can shoot at him while he is chasing you about 10 times 12? And he knows exactly that when he is doing one mistake he is dead + he has the constant fear of the main tank buster and the rear cannon from the lib + the lib can move about 4 hexes into save habour before low health from the main ESF cannon so now the ESF has to deal with other enemys as well. Do you realy consider THIS as the hard counter of a weapon system?

I do consider shooting an ESF with the main TANK canon (not hovering of course) much harder since it normaly does not come straight at you, the tank cant adjust in 3 dimensions and the firerate is much lower.
    • Up x 1
  17. Inex

Be careful of arguing about 'minority/majority' opinion. The forums themselves represent a vanishingly small minority of PS2 players. Even if there is a very vocal group shouting here, it's still a tiny drop in the bucket compared to whatever majority opinion isn't being expressed by the people who never bother to come here.
  18. Scr1nRusher

yep.

that tells you that something is wrong.
  19. Kunavi

This is only 1 step. You need to swap a lot of things, add some, remove some, you need WAY MORE CLEARLY DEFINED ROLES for all Ground/Air and this includes Infantry.

- Look at all the QQ from MagRiders... *We're not OP, L2P* ---> SOE : We found out we need to stabilize ALL TURRETS... Told you. Been telling you SINCE FOREVER. Now sit there and cry that the other MBTs will actually be competitive. Same goes for QQ about maneuverability; You had it all, we had none, you told us to L2P... Yeah HOW ABOUT BALANCING STUFF? It's happening, and I'll be there with a flask to collect tears since VS Mag drivers will now actually have to learn how to play... And they can still strafe, the rest of us can't. Nor can we MagBurn. Plus the TR are like "Oooh MANEUVERABILITY stuff for MBTs! YAYYYNOWAITLOCKDOWN".

:S

- ESFs need a good spanking really, tools for any job right now. Reducing Dmg VS Ground a wee bit is not doing much. But if it's just one step, OK.

- Oh so NOW you notice we've all been using Tank Buster for specific reasons? :S WTF SOE.
    In any case, sounds like Dalton will once again be too similar to Zepher. I also am not getting what you want to do with the Shredder at all. And I don't know what you can do for the Duster, other than... Killing it I suppose. Because you won't SIGNIFICANTLY buff it, and you can't in fact bring the other weapons all that way down to Duster levels so what exactly is this buff?
    On Nose Guns : The Spur won't see any use until we can aim below the Lib.
    Nerf BullDog? OK but do the same for Galaxies too please and buff Drakes more. Walkers simply aren't cutting it, I'll never use one again. I think I only have one on my Sunderer and I regret it every single fight. Consider allowing Hyenas or Coyotes, then buffing Walkers and Rangers to make them appealing.
    About Lib armour, I think all the changes will force it to close in so I'm not sure I like the reduction there(For Composite Load Out). It makes sense for Stock or other gear though.
    Be carefull not to make Libs the new ESF version 1.2, or MBTs too potent against Air.

In any case if you're serious about all these changes you should take a look at PS2 as a whole, you have a lot to do.
  20. htmlboss

The one and only thing to say in my opinion....Considering the most of my game time is in a Liberator or tank. I might just leave the game....Only 22 more ranks 'till 100 :( At least Battlefield got a netcode update and listens to the ******* COMMUNITY. I'm done.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.