Mattherson/Waterson Merger coming sooooooooooon YESSSS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Epic High Five, Jun 6, 2014.

1. EliteEskimo

Well honestly I wouldn't have a problem with them if they actually chose to participate, AOD doesn't like to cooperate with the other Major outfits and didn't even want to be a part of Mattherson TR's Battlegroup Mattherson. It's frustrating to have so much man power being wasted. Hopefully Waterson TR outfit leaders will take part in command chat.
  2. Herby20

.... *Deepest Sigh Ever*.
  3. IberianHusky

I had no idea AOD was so detached. I don't normally lead squads so I don't normally get to hear command chat.
  4. Linedan

Didn't have to be Nostradamus to see this one coming a kilometer off. (Except we couldn't, because draw distance.)

Interestingly, this will put my NC main and my TR main on the same server. Not necessarily a bad thing. Waterson has been really hurting the past few weeks on the few times I've logged in.
  5. Corporate Thug

Good, got tired of my VS wasting away on Waterson because of the lack of fights.
  6. Megaman3300

Mattherson/Waterson merge? On one hand, AWESOME. On the other hand, it will mean the sort of havoc that we haven't seen since the Soltech/Mattherson merge over a year ago, which resulted in displaced outfits and quite a bit of hatred across the TR that didn't get resolved for quite a while.

All things considered, though, I'd be happy just to have decent TR pop throughout the day :p
  7. Kaktwox

So they are merging the last 2 east coast servers into one before they address and fix the problems in the game causing people to leave and creating the need for this in the first place? I hope they have a server prepped in the midwest somewhere to merge the east and west after this. Gg.
  8. Frosty The Pyro

well damn, now my VS and NC characters will be on the same server. the normal tie breaker for which faction I play at any given time is to log on to each and see who has an alert going. now that doesnt work (except for TR which is on connery)
  9. Epic High Five

The correct choice is NC
  10. Chaingunner

When I am not offshore working , me and Art normally run the platoons for the 382nd. We are not a Zerg outfit at all contrarily to what my fellow Waterson players believe. We are active in command channels and actively flow with the battles and send support where needed. We are known for our battle Gals and collecting the tears of all the QQ'ers when we turn the fight around at contested bases. We also have a decent amount of pubs and smaller outfits roll with us when we are around and thus we get labeled a "Zerg" outfit because people enjoy our laid back style.

I will be happy to help out our fellow Mattherson TR to crush our enemies. See y'all around soon.
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

Good to hear, if you're also good at hosting public platoons then you'll find a perfect place after the merge since Mattherson TR needs more public platoon hosting outfits that are willing to coordinate with the other major outfits.
  12. Chaingunner

W
    During prime time we normally have two platoons of outfit only running, but as it gets later in the night we open up the squads to pubs who can follow orders and way points efficiently.
  13. Tuco

Call it "Connery Alternative"
  14. Epic High Five

You ain't kiddin. I was playing my TR guy primetime on Sunday and there were three open squads.
    • Up x 1
  15. EliteEskimo

Well you'll have to share the pubs with AOD and whatever outfits do the same on your server (or whatever they are called now) but if you establish credibility for being organized and coordinated with the pubs the word will likely spread. Other than when the times 903rd or the very new/occasional BWC open Platoons AOD has basically a monopoly on the pubs. If you're willing to coordinated with BWC/903rd/VG and other outfits that make up Battlegroup Mattherson you'll indeed be a good addition and a key outfit type Mattherson needs right now.

Tell me about about, Mattherson NC is very fortunate to have an outfit like VCO to command it's pubs on a regular basis. People say Mattherson TR won't gain much from the merger, but to be honest we already got our backbone between the outfits that form Battlegroup Mattherson. What we need now is someone willing to become an additional backbone, while at the same time having open public platoons up on a regular basis. That sounds EXACTLY what Mattherson TR is getting, so I'm on the optimistic side.

NC is at the very least getting TIW, and it will be awesome to regularly go up against some of the best Vanguard tankers in the game. I wonder if Prey will like the heavy AA resistance present almost 24/7 on Mattherson, I guess we'll find out. To be honest the combined NC overpop on the two servers should make things fun. Mattherson has always been the healthiest when NC are the overpop faction, and I'm willing to bet that won't change with the merger.
  16. Flapatax

I was in your command chat yesterday. They aren't missing much by ignoring those orders.
    • Up x 2
  17. Chaingunner

The 382nd is always up for a challenge. ODMN is another big outfit that is always open to the pubs. Bryanthelion the outfit lead is a good guy, he is a little loud and boisterous, but they are a good group of guys to play with.

The Iron Wolves are great opposition with their vanguards and god saw's and they will help out the NC a lot. Prey on the other hand, I do not take kindly to them. They love to camp warp gates and you will never see them on the ground unless they bailed from their Reaver and while they are redeploying send you QQ tells about how you can only kill them with lock ons....
  18. rahulr1

WHERE THE HELL IS OUR COBALT MERGE?!?!?
  19. EliteEskimo

Flame on, the NC won the bio lab alert partially due to overpop (At least during the times I checked) and we beat out the Vanu taking away some of their biolabs and by the end the Vanu held like what 2 bio labs? Considering Mattherson VS is supposed to be 1337 at coordination I felt we did fine and TR were one biolab shy of a tie. All prime times aren't created equal though, but there are definitely nights TR shines and dominates against even the Vanu. In the future feel free to offer your own command expertise though in command chat, lead us to victory.;)

Well Prey probably won't take kindly to the heavy AA present on the TR/VS constantly so you'll probably get to see their influence reined in a little on that note. Also in your opinion what does Waterson TR have most to offer in the form of outfits?
  20. Codex561

If it will be named Matherson the 'If you dont play on Matherson; You dont matter, son' jokes will get worse!