As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Crispy Taco

Libs
    Resources: 350
    Cert Investment: 10k+
    Cool down: 5 minutes ( 10/10 Acquisition time reduction )
    Can be seen/rendered at: 1000 meters ( by infantry )
    Requires 2/3 people minimum to be used efficient
    Requires Pilot/Gunners to lead/predict moving targets, from a moving object, to get hits

Lock On Infantry
    Resources: 0
    Cert Investment: 250
    Cool down: 0
    Can be seen/rendered at: 400 meters ( by air )
    Requires 1 person to be used efficient
    Requires Infantry to keep aircraft in general crosshair area to get hits

I play this game to fly libs. I've flown libs since the day I started play about a year ago and I have about 19+ days in a Lib piloting. I lead an outfit called [LIBn] on VS Connery, we fly libs all the time and we fly together to be more efficient. That being said...

We die ALL THE TIME and furthermore I see no reason to nerf the Lib in any category.

Why?

All it takes to kill a Lib is a little team work...
    A little team work...
    A little team work...
    A little team work...
    A little team work...
    A little team work...

If you think Libs are Overpowered and this nerf is justified, I will pull you a 10/10 4/4 Lib with any build you want. Go fly it against an ESF or 2 who are coordinating against you or fly over a base where people are concentrating missiles or flak on you. Make sure you are recording your voice, I want to hear the exact moment in time when your tune changes :)
    • Up x 17
  2. SirVillo

You see no reason to nerf the Lib in any category, because you use only liberator and nothing else.
    You don't know how frustrating it is to be on another side in any other vehicle in the game when you get wrecked by a lib in seconds, even under fire of flak and lock-ons.
    • Up x 28
  3. A Crispy Taco

Like I said before SirVillo :) All it takes is a little teamwork... You don't see our side of things which is a lot of flying outside of a fight because it is a "No Fly Zone" because the AA is so intense we can't even render without being shot at. If libs are so OP why aren't we just flying through it to **** the infantry?
    • Up x 3
  4. Obstruction

well buddy, they could give all those guys that hate libs the mobility and firepower they need to kill a lib. but then they'd be flying and they'd just crash into a tree.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lieber87

You lost me as soon as you said you were a full-time lib pilot. You, sir, are the scum of auraxis. How about YOU try being on the other end instead, go grab your mates and your lock-ons and see if you even have time to get a lock before my zephyr wastes you and half of your buddies using "a little team work" and then shrugs off the remaining rounds that do hit whilst AB'ing to safety, repping and coming back to finish the job.

Come on bro, anyone who has any time spent on the ground knows that lib's are in a ridiculous state atm. Just bend over and take the nerf like a man and hope that the nerf-bat doesn't hit your backside TOO hard...
    • Up x 20
  6. A Crispy Taco

You are comparing 1 situation vs many others. I could easily argue the other side infinitely. What I am saying is we fly a lot of libs, we die a lot and are pushed out of fights constantly. The lib doesn't need changing :) The tactics of the guys we fight need to change
    • Up x 2
  7. Flag

Ok sir.

I'm in my MBT (which takes about as many certs as your lib mind, and costs more resources).
    I run into a lib (or the lib sees me), .... doesn't matter how much teamwork I have with my gunner, or with any nearby MBT that isn't gimping itself in every other role than AA (so it has a walker on top).
    - Doesn't matter what teamwork I bring to the table, I have no chance.

Actually that's not 100% true. If the lib is bad enough I may get a shot, but ultimately it doesn't come down to what I do in this situation.

Like it or not, the changes are needed. Maybe not as severe as it is (subject to debate), but that's besides the point.
    • Up x 25
  8. VALCHKYRIE

for my part i've been playing on both side, it's true that libs are powerful, really hard to kill with lock ons (mainly because my awesome striker IA loves to crash rockets in the ground as soon as the lib goes behind a small bush, but that's another debate) because lock ons don't deal a lot of damage. don't misunderstand me : that's great.

BUT from the lib side: when there is big fights going on, it's a NO-FLYING zone: even in a so-called op lib 1 AA max/skyguard and 1 lock on HA can be deadly if they're played well... about the guns, zephir is an anti-infantry weapon, it's normal for your heavy assault to be blown up by this, as it's made to do so; shredder is really powerful but you need a good aim with a quite good pilot to kill infantry with it, dalton is good....

To my mind the only thing tha's OP on the lib atm is the composite armor, really having to touch a liberator 9 times with my AP prowler in order to down it is just unbelievable because no lib pilot is going to stand sill to let you hit him, moreover with the anchor mode projectile speed nerf (30% bonus instead of something like 40-50% not sure about that though) it's even harder to hit them....
    • Up x 2
  9. Flag

Ask yourself:

Q: Why is AA so strong?
    A: Because it has to be to counter how much damage air does.

Think about that one for a while the next time you want to complain about the no-fly zones. It's unfortunate but at the same time it didn't come out of nowhere.
    • Up x 6
  10. BillHaverchuck

SOE clearely sees Libs overperforming through large scale statistics. This means that people who run in Libs get much more kills-XP than people run other vehicles. I am a noob when it comes to vehicles and I havent got my own certed Lib but being a Lib gunner with a decent Pilot is the easiest-most lucrative playstyle I ve done in this game.
    • Up x 4
  11. QFAN

nerf the lib.
  12. McToast

Moin

As a full time Liberator Pilot you should quit the game. Dedicated pilots are a small elite, while the infantry-only peasants make up the biggest part of the community and will get catered to. Where do you think the money lies?
    The only good thing is that those players who cry the loudest that they get farmed are usually really bad players. You can farm them in infantry vs infantry fights too :).
    • Up x 5
  13. Masterofm

It never needed as big of a comp armor buff as it got. 2 rocket/tank shells should have just allowed the lib to take 1 more. Instead they got to take 5-6.

They thought the libs needed a buff... now they are taking the buff away and nerfing it so it's worse. That's what I don't get.

The liberator needed more sound indication though, but overall the liberator wasn't in the worst of spots before and while it was a bit of a glass cannon and no one flew them you could still get away with a lot if you knew what you were doing. Now if you need to cram yourself right up in everything's face to take them out AA is going to just make libs a no go.
  14. VALCHKYRIE

i completely agree with you, but it's still annoying^^
    • Up x 2
  15. A Crispy Taco

I am not complaining :) I just see other people kill us no problem, not sure why everyone else has such a big problem with it. No need to smite the entire vehicle because of some people who fail to coordinate with others. I see no fly zones and I see AA doing it's job. If you are dying to Liberators your AA is not doing its job.
    • Up x 3
  16. BillHaverchuck

In a medium fight in a base without AA turrets how many people have a lock on launchers purchased? How many of them are willing or have the IQ to switch to AA launchers? How many of those guys fire to the same liberator? This has only worked with outfit organisation for me....

So AA usually is not a threat for Libs but just a nuissance. Thats what I ve experienced both on air and ground at least.

Your comparison with Lock on infantry is a joke
  17. Mxiter

Yeah libs are bad and top farmers lives in it it for the challenge of using the worst vehicles of the game /sarcasm.

I loled a lot about your talk about teamwork:

Lib teamwork:

-Pilot gives a firing angle to gunners.
    -Gunner shot at what it can see (minimap helps)
    -The crew shares the XP.

It's also fun that it's the only one vehicles in the game (with the gal) that can't be instagibbed (excluded an other lib TB) and fight back and win whatever attacking it.
    • Up x 8
  18. Flag

You mean taking their place next to the tank enthusiasts?

It's something that the vast majority of people defending the current situation for one reason or another seem to ignore/forget.
    • Up x 1
  19. Teshrrar

I'm an ESF player and I can say how air hurt the ground a lot. The ground have to deal with the ground AND the air. With the infantry, armor AND air machines. Air unities have to deal, basicly, with the air only, and ground just when they decide fight them. A Lib, even being created to deal with ground, can still escape very easy, while infantry/armor can't.

That's why I fly my ESF just to hunt air unities. I hate disturb infantry, I fight armor just when they attack me or hurt some important ally unities in the battle. The major air players don't do that. They want farm numbers not accomplish objectives, and for that reason I think we really need hard balances like SOE did now.
    • Up x 5
  20. umbrellapower

I mostly see LIBn when I'm fighting TR in a small fight on an underpopulated continent and a few VS Libs swoop in to kill infantry on both sides. They kill the fight by destroying AMSes and leave when the infantry are all huddled inside the spawn room or in buildings.

In some ways this might sound awesome to outsiders, how a few players can manage to have such an impact raining down death from above and have players fear them. At the same time, it's frustrating to consider how such terrible players could have such an impact merely by using a Liberator.

I'm not saying everyone should go infantry and earn their kills or some **** like that, but I'd like for the players who rack up insanely long killstreaks in Liberators to have to be at least a little bit skilled to justify the large rewards they recieve.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.