[Test] Macro-Lattice and Shield Power System

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by elkikko92, May 30, 2014.

1. Atis

"For each adjacent outpost taken by enemies it will give -5% per minute to the shield power indicator"
    What does that mean? Take 1 small structure, hold it for 8 minutes and now generator in big base is at 60%?
  2. Ikissyourface

So what is the status of this, is it official yet? Malorn saying "this is interesting" don't mean anything, words don't mean much its the actions that counts. So are they actually going to do it?
  3. elkikko92

No guys, its only a quick suggestion.
    The timers need to be tested.
  4. LucasPiazon

• Up x 1
  5. elkikko92

PLEASE MAKE ON TEST MY SUGGESTION, only the phase 1!
    Is the best way to make harder a capture, the real problem in this game
  6. elkikko92

Can you implement this on test server?
  7. elkikko92

THIS IS THE NEXT EXPLAINATION OF SHIELD POWER SYSTEM + MACRO LATTICE:
    [IMG]

-The battle that I explain you on MACRO-LATTICE is:
    Howling Pass Checkpoint VS (Rashnu Biolab + Zurvan Amp Station)

Every big facility/big outposts has 3 or 4 little adjacent outposts that are connected to the SHIELD POWER of facility
    The algoritm is :
    -For each little outpost adjacent to the facility taken by enemies => the shield power of facility go down -5% per minute (quick suggestion, maybe more or less)
    -If you have all adjacent little outposts under your control => the shield power of facility go up +5% per minute

SHIELD POWER:
    -OVER 70% = facility cannot be hacked (control points locked)
    -UNDER 70% = facility can be hacked (control points unlocked: 15 minutes for complete capture)
    -AT 0% = facility captured, MACRO LINK HACKED BY ENEMY

LOOKING THE PIC:
    -Howling Pass Checkpoint = has 1 little outpost compromized, the shield power is going down
    However is locked, so you cannot directly capture inside with control points

-Rashnu Biolab and Zurvan Amp Station = has every little outpost under control, so the shield power go up
    They are unlocked: you can win the MACRO LATTICE capturing the control points

This is the best idea that I have for the macro-lattice, this should be improve the gameplay:
    -2 kind of battle
    1) Initially only outside of facility, and after also outside of facility
    2) Inside the facility

-This should become more harder the capture of facility: we'll never see a zerg VS zerg in a little outpost; all little outposts are hackble, maybe only HEX-ADJACENT obligation.
    -I think 1 minute capture time for little outpost is good: not more time becouse I like the idea to a continue attack and defend of little outposts: so when the shield-power is very low , defend and attack the ouposts should be very important and exciting.

The battle for the MACRO LATTICE is also focused on 2 edge:
    -Your facility and your outposts
    -Enemies facility, and its outposts
    So to win the MACRO-LATTICE you have to DEFEND and ATTACK in the same time,

If you die, the real spawn point is your facility on macro lattice, not the little ouposts.
    The role of galaxy is very important: take a lot of little outposts by dropping people, go to the next facility on macro lattice and try to hackble the control points. I like to see a lot of galaxy that bring people to the facility, go to the next, drop and go back.
    Sunderers are the best way to a secure spawn point tp advance.
    We can see also tank battle for the outpost defending: so finally the tanks has a role to exists.
    Mosquito have to destroy galaxies with a lot of people, not camping on little outposts!

Is a good idea also spawn inside the little outpost to defend it directly, the attackers can deploy a sundy.

Of course the way to capture a facility with shield power is very low, but is the best way to give more objective: not too focused only to the facility.
    The players should be have more freedom, but have specific objective and this is the best mode I can suggest in PS2 can improve the boring gameplay actualy is

What do you think about that?
    I think is a little bit complicated to implement immediatly, but this is the last phase of macro lattice.
    The first step is to remove all little outposts from the lattice.

I'm a battlefield 2142 titan player, and I think this kind of improvment can works very well

8. elkikko92

>>>>>>>> NOTE <<<<<<<<<
    Who win the MACRO LATTICE is the first faction that capture the enemy facility: so if you have a good attacking to the enemy facility you can lose however the lattice while the enemies capture your facility-

So the battle is very exciting because you always have to attack the next facility and defend your facility.

The battle is always:
    <YOUR FACILITY>__outposts connected <-[MACRO LATTICE]-> outposts connected__<ENEMY FACILITY>
    |__ DEFEND< >
    ATTACK__|

-You win the macro lattice if you capture the next facility WHILE you don't lose your facility
  9. Ikissyourface

I really really really love this idea. Involving a wide area of battle and not just focus on 1 base, the fun gameplay that will come out of this is tremendous! I really do believe this will bring players back, it will improve gameplay and will revive the game. If SOE is smart they will start doing this.
  10. Puppy

Something like this please. More interesting gameplay.
  11. Carbon Copied

All of my yes. Just all of it.

On track though I think they need to seriously consider ideas on these lines; I think lattice has it's merits (and I'll hold my hands up to say "I wanted lattice") however it's current implementation I think they missed the design mark. It's just stagnated to a base hopping number smash with very little thought - something like this or the other several similar suggestions should be considered to add to the gameplay.
  12. elkikko92

If you think is too complicate, Please Tell me your suggestions.

I dont know if it has some problems, however in the future is the best way to revamp the game.

We dont need resource revamp without a better capture system. And also we dont need continent locking if the Players are bored about the game.
  13. elkikko92

But I dont know that they want to implement it, becouse its very long to change everything. And also for the new players is too hard to understand.
    But if this game is different to battlefield or CoD, if they try to implement this I think the game has a good reason to exist.
    Actually the capture system is a fail

However they have implement galaxy terminals on all The Big outposts, this is the first step. The next is only remove all little outposts to the lattice and reduce the capture time, make macro lattice.

After they can implement this system based on outposts capture.
  14. Littleman

I don't think complication should be a concern anymore. On the basic level, players need only know "go to the next base/tower." Those that want a more involving strategic experience will go towards the non linked hex sites and try to influence the battle from these locations. Most minor outposts simply aren't built to sustain zerg on zerg battles, they're more like the small 6v6-12v12 skirmish maps of your standard FPS. Good for the "spec ops" guys that don't enjoy a big battle, unlike most Planetside players, only this time instead of just avoiding fights and thinking taking territory actually amounts to anything, taking territory next to major facilities actually amounts to something. It shouldn't win the fight, but it should influence it.

I don't know about shielding or anything though. It should be possible for a force to take a facility without capturing any of the surrounding hex facilities, it would just be harder. I've always preferred the idea that each hex facility provided a specific resource for ANTs to gather and deliver to the base or tower silo, and players at these locations fed off of that local pool of resources. It would mean savvy players could intercept and stop enemy ANTs, draining the enemy of their resources, and this would cut both ways, since One needn't be attacking to cut off their attacker's supply lines, turning the tide.
  15. elkikko92

The idea of ANT is good, but I think it doesnt fix a lot of problems of the game.

Owning a territory is irrilevant, becouse there are too many to defend and too many to attack. If you have captured a territory very hard 48vs48, the day after you can lose it immidiatly with only 1 player. This system doesn't work.

My system should help to "KEEP a big base" for many days, becouse "SHIELD POWER" protects the faciliy.

Also I think the battle FACILITY vs FACILITY on a macro-lattice should be very exciting!
    Actually the "game mode" of planetside for capture is: "capture flag mode inside 1 facility"

With my idea the capture system become: "conquest mode inside the facility + conquest mode around the facility + defending facility while you attack the next facility" : a lot of hotpots to attack and defend in the same time for only 1 macro lattice. So we have a better cooperation in a large scale of territory (2 facility and 4+4 little outposts)
  16. Littleman

WRONG.

Ownership in this game is permanent. Being denied the ability to attack because of some timer or buffer zone is flat out stupid and game breaking. Tried it, didn't work. If you're in it for the global domination, hate to break it to you, but this same problem plagued PS1: anyone obsessing over their victory today being there tomorrow just doesn't get this is a game with immortal legions of super soldiers and it keeps running even when you log off. Bases are going to change hands hourly. They're meant to for the most part.

What can be done is to give the smaller facilities another purpose and take them off the lattice, so that they may influence the fight, but not directly determine whether or not it could begin or simply end to start with.
  17. ShadowViper

I like how everyone is acting like this system is some sort of new-revelation you managed to craft before a dev.

Planetside 1 called, it says hello.
  18. Gorganov

Well it's exactly what Planetside 2 is missing. Right now, the main problem is that huge amounts of space are just empty because leaving the capture points unattended is too risky.

The Hex system was too free, and the current lattice is way too linear. This idea, which fits right in with the current Resource Revamp plan, is right in the middle and the right direction to move towards. This, along with other mechanics such as cloaked AMS, will increase variety of gameplay.
  19. ShadowViper

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree 100% with the design changes you're saying/talking about in the post. I was just poking fun at the others trying to take credit for "coming up" with the idea despite it being around for quite some time more than anything.
  20. OldMaster80

I do NOT like it.
    Put together:
    - The old hexagon system.
    - A 40 seconds cooldown.
    - Stalker Infiltrators we didn't have in the past.
    - The big number of respawn redeploy options we had in the past.

What do you get? You get that small outpost are impossible to defend and change owner every minute. You capture one and after 2 minutes it's still blinking again because enemies are on point again.

Do we really want to go back to this? No, I don't.