Does anyone else feel faction loyalty or is that just me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kildorragh96, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

I saw Connery at first on your TR and NC and was about to guess you've mostly played VS recently.........

then I noticed your VS is on Matherson... you haven't played that guy in a while have you :p
  2. DaninTexas

lol Nope. I think I got to play my VS toon couple weeks ago when I logged in around 5 am. I wish my VS guy was on Connry though. I like the NC attitude the best - but the VS weapons are just so ****.
  3. K2k4

My loyalty lies where my money was spent. Seriously if my sc bought weapons were universal across every character I would actively play some of my alts sometime. Of course I am taking about faction equivilant unlocks. It would be stupid if i could but atr only weapon and have it unlock for an NC qlt.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Better dead than red.
  5. Liberty

I have a BR 100 VS, a 94 TR and a 41 NC (On Matherson, plus 1 of each on Connery as well @ lower BR's). Faction loyalty is all well and good really, but to me it is like picking up an RPG and only playing one class. There may be similarities and the differences might not be huge, but I like using the different weapons from each faction. Additionally, if the fights all happen to suck if say VS is super zerging everything, I can switch factions to fight against the odds.
  6. FunBotan

The moment they said "enlightment" in the recruitment video i was absolutely sure whom i'm going to play. Vanu's ideals are my real-life ideals! So ye, i'm 100% loyal to VS and won't even create a character of another empire.
    Also, the way devs made us fight each other in PS2 is the greatest one possible. Ideals are among the two things actually worth dying for (another one is your girl and, optionally, children). That's what i love this game for.
  7. Ronin Oni

****? Can't tell if you're saying their good or crap :p

All 3 factions have weapons I like that don't have precise equivalents.

Roll up a VS Connery alt :D We could sure use some numbers o_O
  8. DaninTexas

HAHAHAHA - Yeah I meant awesome basically. Love the VS weapons. I just deleted and rerolled my NC character - not sure if I am up for another alt. However - if I ever do so - it will be a connery VS. Holding out for server merge or a server transfer paid option first.
  9. Paragon Exile

I have an alt for all factions, but the Vanu will always be my side.

Whenever I play as the NC and TR, I cringe at killing "my" guys.
  10. Solidpew

Live free in the NC.
  11. Astriania

I do but only on my main server, I have alts on different servers.
  12. Riku

Without my tight spandex the game just isn't the same.
    No matter how underpopulated we get, how many charge up garbage we get -- I fight for spandex all the way.
    Do have other characters with decent levels, but they're just so I can find nc and tr strengths and weaknesses -- playing them and getting the feeling is just different than reading about it.
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

same for me

i only have one char (waterson vanu) since the start and making a new one feels like one has to relive infancy with the mind of a grown-upo_O
  14. MajiinBuu

I almost exclusively play VS. But when I'm playing an alt I don't hesitate to murder purple people.
  15. LodeTria

I used to care, but when they started rotating warp gates on a consistent basis I stopped caring. Any idea of our "home turf" was lost when it happened.

I have a TR & NC both on mattherson, I avoid switching between them as much as possible to not "meta game" it.
  16. BobSanders123

You have to play all the factions to see how badly the game is broken.
  17. Eaderout

I picked the NC when I first started and have just stuck with them. Maybe if I max out the current person I am on then I will switch over but right now I don't want to invest the time into another guy.
  18. Phyr

I play all 3, it really helps when discussing faction balance (usually telling someone their opinion on balance is wrong)
  19. Kunavi

While I play all 3 Factions for a bit of Know-How and balance, I am loyal to the TR despite their sad state(IMHO, always IMHO). This is because the other Factions are just too weird for me; I'm not a fan of serving some Alien Master Race with plans possibly involving lubrication and I'm definitely not OK with the bad side of 'Murica gone 40K. TR seems to be a safe bet Lore wise and the least strange. Crazy perhaps, even zealous, but not strange :p No Hive-Mind, no $$$ checks, no nothing.
  20. PlatoonLeaderG

Who cares about that,i m just playing and enjoy killing any1 in my sight that its different faction from what i m playing.I recently created an NC alt and i m having fun killing all those TR.