Does anyone else feel faction loyalty or is that just me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kildorragh96, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Kildorragh96

I currently have a 54 TR player, a 5 VS player and a 2 NC one, so you can see where my loyalties lie. I don't know, I guess I just treat it like my football club. Our motto isn't "Loyalty until Death" for nothing. I see lots of people with three evenly leveled characters and I just don't get how they can do it. The biggest draw of Planetside for me is the sheer scale and the teamwork that goes with that scale, the whole "us against them" aspect, and I don't think I would have that same attraction if I didn't have an allegiance. I log in to Planetside and I'm thinking "****, we've lost our ownership of Esamir, we need to pull together and try and to get that back", not "Hmm, which faction am I going to shoot for today?". I think if I didn't have that the game would lose a little bit of draw for me.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then I'm like "Damn I feel like driving a flying tank today." And I don't think anyone can fault me for that, it's a ******* flying tank. That **** cray. But even when I am, I will strictly only attack the NC and never the Republic. Sometimes I'll even hover over to a Republic/Terrorist battle from the Race-Traitor's flank and attack them from there, even if there are no other VS in sight.

Another thing I've noticed is that I TK more as a Vanu (don't shoot me let me finish). If a Terran accidentally kills me, I'll have no beef unless they were being really stupid, and even then I wont kill them. Yet if I'm (role)playing as a Race Traitor then if someone kills me and they don't come over to my corpse and V->8 "Sorry" me then I will hunt that mother ****** down. I'm also much less careful about accidentally friendly fire - again, I'll even risk having to spool up my minigun again and possibly dying for a fellow brother of the Empire, but Spandex Man if you don't get the **** out of my way now I'll mow you and this corporate scumbag down. Sorry, I just don't value your life very much.

Just wondering if there's anyone else here on forumside here who feels the same way about their Glorious Empire/Corporate ****-bags/Race Traitoring **** **** **** **** from **** **** **** ****?

I'm not here to say Mercenaries are "wrong" - play the game however you will enjoy it the most, and if anyone tells you not to tell them to **** off - I'm just saying although I'm glad to have you on my side, you're exactly that - Mercenary scum. I have given my life for the glory of the Terran Republic multiple times, and in my books if you're only in this war for the credit- uh, I mean certs (wrong game, damn you KOTOR), then I bet you shag your own sisters just like these NC pricks.

But most importantly - good luck and have fun! :)
  2. a-koo-chee-moya

Faction loyalty only extends to whining about how your faction is UP.
    • Up x 1
  3. Robes

My loyalty is due entirely to not wanting to have to start the cert grind over again
    • Up x 3
  4. baka

I am absolutely and unconditionally loyal to the faction which I find myself playing at the time.
    • Up x 4
  5. Ronin Oni

I don't have any 2 empires on the same server... that count for anything?
    • Up x 3
  6. DK22

I can relate to that, I'm TR all the way. I made a NC character, but every time I've played it
    I'm just so out of my element and avoid any and all battles with TR, NC vs VS battles only.
    But even then I find it hard, my brains first instinct is to shoot anything purple or yellow.
    Even playing a healing medic, my stomach turns a little bit just healing one of them.
    Only good thing about NC, better music.
  7. Teshrrar

I do. My main char have the same name as forum acc, and I never played another faction until this year, when a great friend of mine created one on what I see as an enemy faction. But I only use when he does, when our game session coincide.

I would like to see a server faction lock, to prevent players switch during hard battles.
  8. Tuco

I don't feel faction loyalty, but I do feel the massive amount of time it took just to get one character leveled up.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ronin Oni

o_O
  10. DaninTexas

I am a merc. I fight for the server/faction that has the lowest percent on that server. Period. Been doing it since release. My NC character (BR 58) I just deleted this week and started over just cause I hated the name. Starting fresh has been the best thing I have done.
  11. Tito

im play all 3 car

NC-Miller
    TR-Mattherson
    VS-Woodman never boring
  12. maxkeiser

Absolutely agree on the faction loyalty thing. Vanu is my number 1 faction - the faction I feel most at home with and have the most fun playing. It just feels right.

I enjoy playing NC on miller but it's not the same. Only Vanu hits the spot.
    • Up x 2
  13. Outreach

Vanu all the way. If you told me I could only have one character and play as one faction that's where I'm sticking. I've been here through all the ups and downs and this is where I'm staying. I also don't agree with the other factions from a lore perspective either.
  14. GoEErs

None of my alts are on the same server. My main is CorpDriven. TR Rules. The lore doesn't mean anything to me. Although, I do enjoy playing NC with my sons outfit on Waterson I remain Lone Wolf on Mattherson and enjoy myself immensely.

I do not have a Vanu character. I can't seem to get all the beat downs I took when the TR were underpop out of my head. I choose rather to play them and get payback.
  15. IrsainPalinev

I have a Vanu shirt, my folders have the Vanu symbol on them, and my desktop background is a slideshow of Vanu art.
  16. FABIIK

Faction loyalty ? In a videogame ? Nah

I started with a TR character. Got it to about BR60. Dumped it.
    Made a VS character. Got it to about the same level. Dumped it.
    Made a NC. Same song...

Then I understood this loyalty thing is BS. It breeds whiners. Loyal people are the biggest whiners on forumside.

So I reset, created 3 characters on the very same day. One of each faction, on different servers.

I play them each as much. Each of them is BR38 now.

When I play VS, I hate TR and NC.
    When I play NC, I hate TR and VS.
    When I play TR, I hate VS and NC.

Oh and I lol a lot when I see those whining threads about factions being OP or UP.
    • Up x 2
  17. Iridar51

Faction loyalty means nothing in PS2, since capturing or losing territory doesn't have any lasting consequences.
    • Up x 2
  18. -MJ12-

I have a little NC char because I love their infantry weapons, but I am loyal to Vanu.
    I will stay loyal even if they would nerf our weapons, and I will especially stay loyal if we are underpopped (as we already are on most servers, and that won't change).

It is probably because I'm a fan of Deus Ex and the whole technology-evolution-idea.
  19. PWGuy93

Each of my faction characters are on different servers. Each gets my loyalty without confusing which side I am on.
  20. hawken is better

TR 'till I die.

I've had some lucrative offers from a few top-tier NC/VS outfits, but I am TR to the bone.