Reduce liberator resistance to dumbfires & ESF rotaries.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 31, 2014.

1. Silkensmooth

You dont know what you are talking about. Killing libs with an ESF is pretty easy. Remember now that you are going up against at least 2 other people most of the time, that they have spent more resources than you, and in the ESF if you know what you are doing you will win the vast majority of the time.

If you can't hit a lib all the way up to max render with a default nosegun then you need to practice.
  2. Silkensmooth

It was actually HARDER to kill libs with an ESF until recently when they nerfed nanites so that they take 12 secs to kick in. MUCH easier to kill them now. Its like shooting buffalo, seriously L2P!
  3. McToast

Moin

Agree with the dumbfires and AP shells. That buff wasn't necessary. We died sometimes to them, sometimes even when flying near flight ceiling, but it takes skill and balls to attack a liberator with AP cannons. I can respect that and it was a good way for good players to punish overconfident libcrews. Revert the changes to libs without CA and nerf the AP resistance of CA, you have my vote for that.

But ESFs vs. libs are fine. It takes great skill on behalf of a libcrew to kill an ESF. Two ESFs against a lib and the lib has a real problem. I don't see a need for any changes there.

PS: The Shredder needs bullet drop.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liquidrider

That nerf applies to ALL vehicles that including ESFs. Please refrain from using L2P incorrectly :)
    • Up x 2
  5. Dead soldier

yes, but in a lib vs an ESF engagement, this helps the ESF way more. With the lib, it's more of kill them in under a second or never hit them. The ESF is all about sustained damage. The NAR won't matter to the ESF because the dalton 1-shots and the tankbuster has very high DPS. Both of these are very unlikely to hit so keeping constant damage and turning off NAR won't be easily accomplished by the lib but can easily be done so with the ESF.

That's why the 12 second nerf hurts the lib more than an ESF in those engagements.
  6. PWGuy93

I'd be up for a minimum flying speed for Liberators as a compromise.
    Hovering, not the weapons is -in my view- what makes them overpowered.
  7. Axehilt

Hovering isn't the issue at all. Other vehicles can stay in an area and it doesn't affect their balance at all. Being stationary allows you to exert continual pressure on an area, but leaves you more vulnerable to attacks too because the opponents know exactly where you are to counter you.

The key point is that once you know he's in this predictable place, if he was in any of those other vehicles you could easily counter him. But with Liberators countering them is more difficult than normal. The hardest thing in the game to counter, even. (Being the hardest thing in the game to counter doesn't imply they're impossible to counter (and doesn't even imply they're overpowered), but they're definitely noticeably more difficult than anything else.)
  8. iller

Did you intentionally lie about this (through Omission), or are you just testing me?
  9. Gundem

I'd rather give it a small bloom factor, but I guess a small gravity factor could also help balance it. Heck, proper application of both and suddenly the Shredder is perfect.
  10. Gundem

How would I be lying?

I was implying that the Liberator's so called "Survivability" is a gross exaggeration, and that any claims that the Liberator update genuinely effected our gameplay are nothing but falsehoods.

Literally the only worthwhile changes in that update were the tailgun angle improvements, the Afterburner improvements(Which was also nerfed in the same patch, ninja style), and the Walker buff(Which A) Most Liberators use the Bulldog now, and B) The Pre-buff Walker was mostly garbage). The only other major change was EXP sharing, but that doesn't really effect gameplay, so that one can be pretty much disregarded.

Not a single other change actually helped the Liberator to a substantial enough degree to warrant use in an argument. Stealth got a half second lock-on increase, Racer got a 15kph top speed increase, and we got the pieces of garbage SOE has the audacity to call "Weapons", the Duster and the Spur. The Hyena's are okay, but frankly the Walker is better, especially after it was buffed.

Also, the Liberator got a handful of nerfs in that update as well. The Walker-G and Ranger variants were buffed, big time(While they both needed buffs, it technically nerfs the Liberator at the same time), The Dalton's splash took a big hit, Galaxy's resistance to Light ordinances were buffed, making the Zephyr vastly weaker against them, Liberator AB's max speed was reduced, and worst of all, Lock-ons were given the ability to keep their lock a further 300 meters out from their max lock range once a lock was established.
    • Up x 1
  11. iller

lol

doesn't understand collision hull volume √‾ velocity * health

okay gotcha, bai nao
  12. Gundem

I understand this is a video game, and likewise will have such limitations based on the complexity of the game engine and the processing power of the user's computer.

Thus, your argument is invalid.
  13. CorporalClegg

ESF nose cannons do just fine.

Now, why a flying vehicle with more fire power than a tank can also eat substantial amounts of tank rounds and rockets is a mystery to everyone so I think youre preaching to the choir on that one.
  14. Scr1nRusher

also....... WHY ARE THEY SO SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Soques

[IMG]