Seeking advice and possible outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by GantryPengy380, Jun 1, 2014.

1. GantryPengy380

I'm currently a BR25 soldier with lots of repairing experience, a bit of experience in a group, and somewhere around 40 kills. In my early days, I thought about becoming a great pilot and joining [N], but they merged into SVO, and the recruitment thread for them (SVO) on these forums is very inactive. I've heard of a few great outfits on Mattherson TR, but it seems like most of the outfits I want to join have some requirement that I don't meet. That's about all I have to say for now, but if you have any advice or outfit recommendations, tell me!
  2. Icemanthemyope2

If you use a mic, like to play cohesive squad play, listen to orders and are not a drama queen, feel free to run with us Roughnecks.

Just befriend one of our officers: ViperSixAlpha, MrYakk, Icemanfive, or SirMarth01

cheers,

Icemanfive
  3. NoJumpers

As someone that has been in an outfit since Beta, and am currently running my own with 110+ people in it, I can say that what I think is most important to an outfit is Community (TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, etc.), an Active player base (Squads/Platoons running daily), and Organization (Training, Officers, Ranking structure, etc.). If you can find an Outfit that has those 3 thing and most importantly makes sure that their player base is having fun (Which in my opinion should be every outfits main goal) then your game play experience will be a lot more enjoyable and it may open up the doors to new possibilities, because God knows it did for me. Wish you the best of lux in finding an outfit to call home.
    - Lux Eterna
  4. GantryPengy380

Sorry Iceman, but Roughnecks is just one of those outfits with a requirement that I don't meet.
  5. GaBeRock

I'm currenfly my own one-man air outfit, Kittyhawk [KHWK].
    Once outfit recruiting comes out, I intend to swell my numbers. Until then, however, feel free to PM me in game or send my a friend request if you want to spend time flying. I spend a significant portion of my playtime in an airquad with BxRuce and ZaphodTwoFace, plus a variety of other pilots and liberator gunners, so we could train you up, provided you're not annoying.
  6. GantryPengy380

Great! I've already spent a bit of time flying every air vehicle, and even put in some certs on them as well. As of right now, I'm currently in Validus Gamers [VG], but I don't run with them much, so I'd be happy to spend more time flying with a different outfit. Problem is, I only have around 40 kills and almost 1,500 deaths according to my player profile (I'm not sure if the deaths part is true, but I know for sure that I've been killed a lot more than I've killed others). Also, I spend most of my time on the ground, either as a Heavy Assault or in a Lightning. However, I have experience with and put some certs into every vehicle (except the Harasser on terms of certs, because when I first started playing PS2, people around the forums were saying that it was useless). And now my schedule has freed a couple more hours worth of time on the weekdays since I just got out of school yesterday, so I have even more reason to find a great outfit that suits me.
  7. GantryPengy380

Now I'm unsure what I want to specialize in when it comes to PS2. I feel like learning to fly in this game is too hard for me to be patient trying to do, and I'm easily persuaded to want to specialize in something when I do well at it either in PS2, in other games, or IRL. Most recently, I've been persuaded to specialize in tank/Sunderer driving for two reasons. 1). I ran over a VS heavy in a Sunderer, and 2). I shot an NC soldier with my Prowler main cannon. If you could give me advice on what to specialize in, that'd probably be helpful for a little while, if not throughout my life in PS2.
  8. GantryPengy380

I am now a BR26, and the only outfit that I'm wanting to join that appeals to me (BWC) isn't responding to me, so I'm still looking. BTW, I won't be able to get on for a week beginning tomorrow because I'm going to a summer camp for 5 days, then staying at a cabin for the 2 after that.
  9. GantryPengy380

I got into BWC, but I feel like they're too strict. I'm willing to make a VS/NC character and work to get a bit of progress with them, but I won't if I don't want to/none of the VS/NC outfits don't have a requirement I don't meet.
  10. doombro

If you're interested in an outfit that focuses on squad-oriented teamwork, The Ironclad Rangers may be of interest to you. We're fairly laid back, and have no skill requirements aside from the ability to listen and coming in to teamspeak during ops.
  11. DaMann22

So are you not playing your VS character anymore with us Gantry?
  12. GantryPengy380

No, sadly. I deleted him because when I first read one of their requirements, it sounded like you couldn't have alts on the same server which isn't true. However, I thought that deleting my VS alt altogether would be the best idea because Waterson/Mattherson were about to have their merge, which meant that after the merge, my VS alt and my TR main would be on the same server and both chars would've been in an outfit, which is what BWC meant by that policy.