Cougar is garbage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bubbacon, May 29, 2014.

1. bubbacon

This Carbine is just pathetic. You're better off with an 11C or even the TMC...and that's bad.
  2. z1967

It's a TR version of the GD-23 Razor. Its a long range, higher damage carbine. It has its uses.
    • Up x 4
  3. Iridar51

Disagree. Adequate weapon. Feels like it has too much horizontal recoil, but can't say for certain until I see recoil stats.
    Cougar is certainly usable.
    • Up x 1
  4. DevDevBooday

Its not bad, its just not really amazing at anything.
  5. JesusVoxel

It beats the crap out of every other pathetic TR peashooter. I have never auraxiumed any weapon so fast with so insane stats. I can drop people so fast and accurately (even in close ranges) thanks to its higer damage. Kind of feel frustrated that I didn't join NC as all of their weapons are such a borderline cheatmode guns.
    • Up x 2
  6. bubbacon

Mind providing a link to your player that Auraxed this weapon?
  7. jiggu

It's pretty good.
  8. elementotrl

The cougar has very controllable recoil at the expense of bullet velocity. I would take a cougar over a tmc against long range targets all day because of this. It does, however, very much lack any usefulness in close quarters to the 11c and tmc. The best use for it is to find a good vantage point where you don't need to ad strafe and keep moving between targets.
    • Up x 1
  9. SharpeShooter

T5-AMC is better at all ranges imo! less recoil more bullet velocity more accurate and higher DPS (lower ttk).
  10. St0mpy

Rofl its the lowest DPSing carbine in the game, just because it says 167 damage it doesnt mean its more powerful overall, its been knobbled with a way slower rate of fire meaning the actual damage per second you can deal from the muzzle is lower than all the other carbines.
  11. bubbacon

I seriously tried to feel the love for this weapon, but after 5 days...no thanks. The Devs can keep this PoS. I actually swapped over to the TRAC 5 Burst just for kicks and that baby blows the Cougar away. Just get your burst fire mechanics down and you will have a much better gaming experience with the Trac 5B, if your looking for other weapons to Aurax.
  12. Bankrotas

Actually DPS and TTK stats are kinda interesting. Higher damage weapons at same DPS as lower damage ones have a bit lower TTK. But at same time lower damage weapons at same DPS have better TTK at range than higher damage weapons.
  13. current1y

I'm with you bubba. I'm an ADS player and loved the T5 AMC for its accuracy and have like 4,500 kills with it. I recently went to the cougar because the stats seemed to show it is more accurate and harder hitting then the T5. However in practice I doesn't hold water. In combat around 10-18ish meters the weapon REALLY punishes missing. If you miss you are ******. Unless the target is dead still its just not a reliable weapon compared to the T5 AMC.

After experimenting with many weapons for my light assault and engineer I'm going back to the T5AMC. It works for my style of play (mid range engagements) and works very well.
  14. JesusVoxel

I'm not going to link my stats page but here are stats for my 4 best weapons anyway:

Cougar
    kills: 1452
    kills/min: 0,68
    Accuracy: 30%

T5 AMC
    kills: 1605
    kills/min: 0,51
    Accuracy: 29%

TMG-50
    kills: 1237
    kills/min: 0,46
    Accuracy: 26%

SABR-13
    kills: 1209
    kills/min: 0,39
    Accuracy: 29%

Of course everyone has their own opinions, but this gun just feels so right in every way for my playstyle. For me it feels so frustrating to spray half a mag of low damage bullets into moving enemy, it just doesn't feel rewarding when enemy takes hits, but won't die. With weapons like Cougar, I can kill enemy with much less bullets and it feels so much better, regardless of any DPS, etc. stats of guns.
  15. bubbacon

Have you tried the Trac 5B yet brother? You might be pleasantly surprised by it.
  16. Kronic

Love the Cougar. Stats are kinda weird though. Why 35 rounds with ****** muzzle velocity (for a long range weapon anyway)? Get rid of those extra 5 round and tack on some more velocity. 167 dmg with 30 rounds is plenty damage per mag.
  17. bubbacon

No offence intended sir, but this weapon just came on-line and after what I experienced with it, I find it difficult for someone to have Auraxed it already. I'm sure some hard core pro gamers have. I salute them for their efforts with that PoS.

Nice stats btw...gl with it.
  18. Klypto

Reminds me of the discussion that was going on in the TIW teamspeak when I barrel rolled because PHYSICS:
    • Up x 1
  19. Typhoeus

I actually love the cougar. It's the one weapon that acts very differently then any other in their arsenal. The extra damage you get from each round really makes a huge difference. Other weapons might have faster dps on paper but I find the first 10 shots you fire off with the cougar go exactly where you want them to which is more then enough to drop most targets.

Now the SOAS-20, which I'm working on right now, that's a weapon that actually needs some love. It's pretty much the heavy assaults Rhino, but with only 24 rounds >.<
    • Up x 4
  20. JesusVoxel

No offence taken. Just been playing with that weapon so much since it's introduction. It's quite easy to aurax a weapon when you really enjoy using it ;)