[Video] Fighting Libs With The Air Hammer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gregfox89, May 28, 2014.

1. gregfox89

My favorite use for the Air Hammer. Is it too versitile? Maybe, but I support more multi-role weapons. It has enough drawbacks to counteract how powerful it is. It definitely takes more skill to fight air with it than the Rotary or Mustang (seriously, try getting in a hover dogfight with a Mosquito), and the magazine size and ammo capacity is just pathetic unless you pour certs into it. I edited out the many trips I took back to warpgate for more ammo. The range is pretty surprising though.

Honestly I think the only outright OP thing in the video is the view angles the bulldog gets. Seriously that's just ridiculous. Look at 3:09
  2. LibertyRevolution

Air hammer is fine versus libs. It is a high risk high reward playstyle.
    Sure it knocks off chunks of damage when you get that first jump on one, but after that you are dancing a dual of death.
    You were prime target for a lot of that footage, they had the belly right at you and you were less than 100m out.

Go sunderer hunting with it, knocks chunks of damage off them too.
    I was alone driving my sunder to a base when I started taking huge hits of damage.
    I thought a stealth lib tankbustering me, my shock when I looked back and saw a reaver 10m off the back my bus. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. minhalexus

I would recommend people to use Racer 3 on the Airhammer, if you want to use it as a all-rounder weapon.

Racer really helps you cherry pick your engagements, for the price of losing a little infantry killing power.
    You dont really want to hover fight with this gun so that's not really a downside.
  4. gregfox89

I like hover 3 and external afterburners. Best of both worlds. If you have coyotees or rocket pods then I'd go with racer. But only if you have wingmen. I really don't like racer though and a reaver without hover will just take foreeeeeeeever to come to a stop. But it's good if you run with an air zerg so turning's not really necessary lol. I fly solo a lot and the air hammer is really damn risky to fly solo, you really shouldn't do it unless you're crazy (I am crazy)
  5. minhalexus

I usually fly solo with the AH. Flying solo is when you can get the most out of its versatility.
    In squads you usually know what you're gonna do so you wanna pick a specialized loadout.

The AH is risky if you fly without AB or Racer.
    If you slap in both of those then:-

1) Liberators will never catch you
    2) Scythes will never kill you
    3) Mossies will sometimes kill you

That is an exaggeration, but its true to some extent, especially 1 and 2.

Another potential benefit of Racer+AB is the flare ability. You can usually outrun a rocket if you fly straight with AB+Racer, and considering that you were at least 100m away from where it was launched.

Try Racer3 with AH, I'm sure you will see an overall improvement with your solo AH gameplay.
    Try not to let your EGO get in your way (considering that you are a good pilot), and AB out of fights that do not favor you. (AKA fights you didnt start)
  6. gregfox89

I plan to try it eventually but I have the last rank of auto repair and fire suppression to get, and then the EM6 and some general infantry certs...

I never even certed racer on my VS and I'm BR 100, and my NC is BR 35
  7. repinSniper

Try AH / Lock-ons, has not as much visibility that it needs ;). This is the most versatile setup I have ever come across while flying my Reaver, and my most FUN loadout. It's ability to engage almost all situations with high effectiveness is just... AMAZING, AWESOME SYNERGY! (slight pain dealing with Armor though). I haven't been running it recently due to my need to Auraxium all my weapons. *sue me for promoting lock-ons, but try it out for a while and you will see what I mean*

Other then that... Took everyone long enough to jump on the Air Hammer bandwagon... I mean... It hasn't changed in functionality or statistics in a very long time *and when it did get changed the damage was slightly increased to promote usage of an untouched weapon* Too bad people didn't catch on earlier to get the propaganda out at that time to NERF ALL THE THINGS! You must see it in action first on a wide scale and generate substantial number of hate tells I guess so that we can start that process...

PS - I always apologized to Higby and Luperza whenever I popped them with the AH... way back when.

O, I forget the AH / Hornet, the Best ever OHK loadout you can use to deal with a pesky MAX! They don't even know what hit them is the funny thing when done properly!
  8. JackD

No, No, NO! The Airhammer is complete and utter garbage. Who in his right mind would use a Shotgun on a ESF. Nothing to see here and especially no need to nerf it!!!11
  9. Verenz

It really is such a well implemented weapon, an actual working vehicle shotgun. It is one of my favorite things about NC (actually it is probably my favorite). It's worse than the AA guns against air, it's worse than the AI guns against infantry, it fits very nicely in the middle and is also a lot of fun to use.