Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bibibla, May 27, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

Hey, Guys stop making more threads about Rocket Launchers while creating another thread about rocket launchers!!!!

Most of the shots in this video are very very dodgeable. The others you could have killed them with any gun.

Rocket launchers are only good in narrow choke points like the the stairs in a tower. But a max is 10000 times better then a RPG there.
    • Up x 3
  2. Thardus

Maybe and maybe not. So far, every single suggestion I've heard has, at best, meant carrying a Rocket Launcher makes you cannon fodder for any other infantry. I use dumbfires for shooting at Tanks, MAXsuits, and any infantry that surprise me while I'm trying to do the first two. My LMG is a far more reliable weapon, and I'm okay with dying to a MAX with a dumbfire in my hands, especially if I hit him first, but if I happen to be carrying a dumbfire on my shoulder for some reason, and anyone, carrying any other weapon finds me, I'd like to at least have a fighting chance. Every proposal I've seen has removed this fighting chance for me.
  3. m44v

k, back to whining about liberators.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gambitual

I very rarely die to rocket launchers and with slightly more frequency use them to directly engage my enemy. Sometimes a launcher will get the job done more than my Orion and, in such cases, I expect it to perform as a viable AI option. It IS a launcher.

On another note, I'd like to give a convincing reason why Phoenix rockets can't one-shot infantry. The rocket is smaller, and thus carries less explosive power, to increase aerodynamics. Just as well, the rocket is fitted with a camera and a computer to allow control. Both of those take up space that could be filled by a larger/better thruster or a larger/better warhead.
  5. Thardus

To a certain extent, no, no I don't want to have to think things through. I think the trade off of "huge gamble fighting infantry with a one-shot, high risk/reward weapon that's inferior to my LMG in almost every way, for the ability to do significant damage to a MAX" is a good, balanced decision to make. The trade off of "the ability to do a significant amount of damage to a MAX, but might as well just put my hands up and wait to be shot if I meet another infantry" really takes away my options.
  6. Thardus

Huh, looks like 3/100, one of which was an Anti-Air lock-on.
  7. Obstruction

once in a while someone kills me with a rocket launcher. clearly liberators are to blame and need to be nerfed.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hoki

Serious mode though, banshee or dalton.

Or dual shotgun max.

All are infinitely more abusive imo.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mootar

Good player and minor Planetside e-celebrity got wrecked by someone with a rocket launcher, got upset, made a montage of himself killing people with rocket launchers when he could just as easily have killed the same people with any other gun in the game in order to provide dubious evidence to support his personal nerf crusade.

Hordes of a*se kissers and white knights jumped on the bandwagon in support of a pointless and unneccesary nerf that is probably responsible for less than 1% of their infantry deaths.

Personally I think you should be ashamed.
    • Up x 11
  10. DxAdder

I had no idea that the RL crutch was so bad.... even hint that your going to touch an HA's toy and they lose there minds.
  11. G.O.A.T

12. Thardus

No, I'm upset because every possible "solution" I've seen would seriously hinder the way I use the dumbfire launchers, and with over eight-hundred hits, and less than a hundred kills, you can bet that it's not being used for farming infantry.

Every suggestion I've seen would make anyone currently holding a Rocket Launcher a sitting duck.
    • Up x 2
  13. Aractain

What I don't get about all this rocket primary stuff is the reload time... its 5 seconds. Most good HAs I see with normal guns kill way more than 1 or 2 in 5 seconds.

Getting killed by rockets is less annoying than anything infiltraitors do by a large margin.
    • Up x 1
  14. Skooma Lord

Would making the rocket launchers only able to fire when Aiming-down-sights be a good idea?
  15. Fortress

To date, not a single decent player has come out in favor of maintaining 1HKO on rockets.

Imagine that.
  16. LT_Latency

It's not that bad, There are very few spots where it effective. If the "decent" players had there way we would be playing counter strike instead of planteside,

Most times when someone pulls a rocket launcher on me its a free kill for me. People just get but hurt because a RPG blew the up, Even if you do kill someone with the RPG the guy behind him is going to cut you in 1/2 while you switch to another gun
  17. Fortress

"It's not that bad" is itself an admission that it needs to change.

Again, you all can talk % of deaths or whatever ******** you want, but a **** mechanic is a **** mechanic, regardless of whatever anecdotal frequency you assign to it.
  18. S7rudL

I absolutely love to rocket some one, at the same time I also absolutely hate it when I myself get rocketed to the face.

Do what you must/want,..
    • Up x 1
  19. LT_Latency

I got more respect for someone that Mains a RPG then someone who farms infantry in a lightning
  20. Fortress

Check my other thread, we can fix both of these issues with one go.