Tune down headshots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Omedon, May 27, 2014.

1. Whatupwidat

The beginnings of the anti-headshot OHK crusade.

I. CALLED. IT.
    • Up x 3
  2. Phyr

You'd probably get them confused too, if there was an arrow in your head.
    • Up x 2
  3. EvilKoala

It worked for Section 8! Just ask Timegate.. if you can find them at their new jobs..

I actually really liked Section 8, despite the cheesy auto-aim "feature". It had a lot of really awesome ideas that I wish other games (cough..PS2..cough) would adopt.
  4. Udnknome

Download Planetside 1. No headshots there... no OHKs either (except Flail).

Enjoy!

In all seriousness.. You can't blame OP. There's a whole sect of people out there that believe they should be able to survive a rocket headshot running amuck all over these forums. Why wouldn't he ask for easier regular headshots?? or to remove OHK Snipers/landmines/liberators/tanks/shotguns? --- It's a slippery slope my friend.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hoek

6. Kociboss

Kids these days...They think that milk grows on trees.
    • Up x 1
  7. Irathi

Then don't stick your head out so much..

I got the auraxium for the RAM.50 last week and it amazed me how easy it was beacuse of all the players regardless of BR that decide to stand still in the middle of the open. The only players that actually try to avoid getting sniped were high K/D players (obviously) and it doesn't take much to avoid.. Just keep moving all the time, it's not needfull to move a lot, just never stand entirely still for too long when you think you may be exposed to enemy snipers.

It is just so easy to avoid getting head shotted, but you'd be suprised how many high BR (60+) I've killed 3 or more times in a row because they insist that it's a good idea to man that engineer turret..
    • Up x 1
  8. hawken is better

You should strive to become better then.

I first saw this video back in December. This was the catalyst for me. This was the turning point; this is when I decided that I wanted to become a headshot player. If you really have been playing since release, then now is as good a time as any to start practicing. It's only going to get worse as other players get better and leave the rest of the playerbase behind.
  9. Kunavi

1. Let's move to HEART SHOTS, HeadShots are too mainstream!
    2. That IS a chicken. That's how chickens looked like on Auraxis before they went extinct with the rest of the creatures and that's probably the reason why we don't use Nukes to solve our problems there any more! :p
    3. TR encounters are ALREADY determined by dice roll, what is your point NC/VS? :p
  10. Bankrotas

You can't know when you're sticking your head out. The camera is in your chest height, not head.
  11. Irathi

It is quite easy to know when your head is in plain view and when it is not.. If you are not able to then it is a user-end problem...
  12. IamDH

Well, the reason is that there has do be a difference between good and bad players. Headshots (although some can be random or accidental due to recoil) need skill and is the ultimate risk vs reward. Try headshotting someone and see how you do, skill should be rewarded not punished

I'm not sure why you assumed new players can not get headshots. I can understand why you want this change but you need to admit that you encountered a good (or better) player and lost
    • Up x 1
  13. Ruffdog

I'd much rather moving targets in the VR range than this. Help the poor without taxing the rich (oh big can o worms there)
    • Up x 2
  14. Bankrotas

Oh you're such an elitist little bad boy... ( I do hope one day this becomes an insult). However, since you instead of backing up your statement with anything went on trying to offend me and downplay my capabilities, your statement becomes ****.
  15. Irathi

Edit for saying "easy" too many times - give a sec.

No that was not an attempt to offend you or your personal skills. I geniuinely think it is easy to know when my head sticks out. Of course there are those times when an enemy sniper has a special vantage point and even though you were being carefull he still gets a head shot.

I understand why many thinks the head shots are a problem because out of 42% hits I've got 44% headshots with the rams.50 (which isn't particulary good) and if you were on the receiving end then sure I can see why you'd think it is a problem. However I must point out that I don't feel getting Headshotted has ever been problem my self and 54% of my playtime is infantry foot zerging (not counting max, sniper or engineer). It is just so really easy to avoid and while sniping I see many people who does the same as me to avoid getting hit; keep moving at all times, never stand still for too long, always seek cover before reloading and always check your flanks while zerging. And if you see an enemy sniper, then there is nothing stopping you from switching to sniper and clear them out before proceeding with zerging..
  16. Bankrotas

Well this post is 10x better than last one. If you had your camera from head, then it would be easy, unfortunately, it's in unknown height in your chest instead. I know, that if I hide behind a railing and look straight, I can be headshotted, if I look up, same and easier and only if I cower looking down, I am safe-ish.

I never said I have issues with that, I just said, you can't know that your head is hidden, there is no 3rd person camera for you to know. Not against snipers, not against heavies or any other class.
  17. Moz

It is an even playing field. You have just as much chance to land head shots as the next man.

Headshots reward good play......... i didnt want to but i have to say...... L2P
  18. Klypto

Jesus, is there any recoil at all? I think his arm swayed a slight bit from the weight of the gun.
    Meanwhile at launch, NC guns would hit the ceilng from horrible flinch mechanics. It's also why I hate NC guns and use pistols to this day.
  19. Pikachu

Nerf headshot multiplier. More nerfs!
  20. Stormsinger

The main part about OHK headshots is that I'm usually shot when I stop to type. I wouldnt mind giving whoever shot me a free kill if it didnt interrupt my freaking sentence.

Yes, I want to continue talking without a head. Because nanites.