MBT Physics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, May 27, 2014.

1. Alarox

They're really frustrating, but at the same time they're also hilarious after the fact. I put together a video from Klypto's perspective of what I'm talking about for the laughs.

• Up x 8
  2. Frozen-K

I remember one day asking if I could do some tanking with Klypto. After this, I think I'd need to be the driver!

And the random death when you got in the tank was just you punching Klypto in the face with the tank cannons. It happens to me occasionally, and is one of those things related to vehicle privs. aka, SOE needs to fix vehicle locking privs.
  3. Aesir

This stuff happens to me so often ... any "mobile" Vanguard driver has those issues ... more so than with the Lightning, though the Lightning in return get's like stuck EVERYWHERE!!!!
    • Up x 2
  4. applepienation

I just started tanking on my NC alt, and so far about half of my deaths while in a Vanguard have been from stupid stuff like this. I've jumped out of the tank only to be spawned under the world and fall to my death, I've been crushed by wreckage, I've had it flip on my and all sorts of other stupid stuff.

I mean there's something horribly wrong when half of the deaths on a tank aren't from other tanks, but instead glitches.
    • Up x 1
  5. lNeBl

When you are healing a magrider and your gunner gets into the driver seat accidently, the magrider does this hilarious super spin and cuts your head off. This game has such interesting bugs lol.
    • Up x 1
  6. Alarox

You mean when it spins out and kills everything around it? Apparently this is caused by the vehicle being in two different places on each person's client, so when the owner changes the vehicle's position is reset... which involves a 360 spin of doom.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aesir

This is not limited to the Magrider, the Vanguard and even the Lib or Sundy's can do that to from time to time. There is one case in the OP's video.
  8. BobSanders123

What about my burger prowler which gets stuck in every ditch on Indar possible.
  9. Linus

The physics for the vehicles in Planetside 2 are not very good, since the early days.
    Only the sunderer feels heavy and has an appropriate behavior on the terrains.

We could also talk about the numerous bug of collisions, terrain edges which can destroy a vehicle immediately, outrageous debris, delayed vehicles updates (we got only nerfs!!), and much more.

We have complained about it since more than one year, and almost nothing was done yet.
    It underlines the poor consideration that the vehicles get for their gameplay.
    1/3 of the gameplay is left aside!
  10. Rayzr

Gotta love them ice-ring hills
    • Up x 2
  11. Flag

As messed up as the MBT physics are, a part of me don't want it to change!
    It is a double-edged sword, but damn. Sometimes it makes for some absolutely hilarious situations, especially for the mag (with burner).

It's true for every vehicle in the game.
    The trigger is to have someone that isn't the owner get into the driver/pilot seat, and the vehicle is turned away from some "default" orientation. Something about how it spawns a "new" vehicle or something when someone that isn't the owner gets in it and then turns the new entity to match up with the old one.
    Many heads have rolled for this. ;)
  12. danielpxp

Gold* ! Well done :)

Only people in Planetside 2 know facts for their vehicles.. Never drive fast, racer puts you +70% flip power, let your tank squad only and squad first it will flip and kill you (even Aircrafts do this <3), debris is instagib, terrain + trees = evil.

Other people from other games would think we are crazy ;D
    • Up x 4
  13. Frozen-K

Yeah. Almost all the kills Tulka has on me are just from the vehicle spinning and murdering my face. Half the time the tank's lost because of it.
  14. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Planetside physics at its best
    lol
  15. dedgaem

old one but still worth re-posting.
    • Up x 2
  16. z1967

Seems like the Vanguard is unusually back heavy. Lightning does a similar thing where it will flip over if you don't get stuck on a rock pebble first.
  17. Aloysyus

We are, aren't we? I mean i am crazy for even pulling a tank while your Greedy-a$$ Solo-Liberator is around. :p
  18. Aloysyus

Good old Delf, the **** he does is so funny. :D
  19. applepienation

Chalk up another death to wreckage. I got one prowler kill assist before I was exploded by falling liberator wreckage.

I was almost having fun.
  20. FaLI3N

Get racer 3 and trade getting stuck everywhere for flipping everywhere even worse than MBT's :oops: I have not been stuck anywhere in the longest time despite remembering it to be a constant thing beforehand but now I flip if I turn foliage on because the grass in bumpy.