Time to increase skill cap - Tactical Crouch Sniper Only

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by quatin, May 27, 2014.

1. quatin

This is where the game is heading to while there's a break in between the next CoD release. Might as well implement that now, instead of nerfing things piece by piece.

Allow different game modes. There's too many servers already, if you don't want to merge them then implement different rule sets for the servers, after allowing transfers of course. Let the CoD fanboys have a server where they can do their tactical crouch games. Give us back combined arms on the other servers. Splash damage is such a joke right now.
    • Up x 1
  2. jiggu

I don't understand what you are complaining about? Snipers?
    • Up x 5
  3. biterwylie

Yeah I would love a server with hardcore blast radius, realistic firing arcs and velocities on rockets and under barrel GL (not reloadable from ammo pack) Mines that do not glow etc.

Vehicles with doubled the resource cost.
    • Up x 2
  4. FateJH

In the original, crouching was the only way to make the cone of fire on the Heavy Sniper Rifle and Bolt Driver manageable. Zooming was an independent action (there was no ADS, though zoom was still "tunnel-vision").

The opinion of a person who doesn't snipe/Infiltrate? I see this as a poor man's attempt at shoehorning prone-1 into the game.
  5. jiggu

I would like them to do that just to test what it would be like.
  6. BillBoBaggins

What are you even talking about?

Also what is this myth i keep hearing about CoD fanboys playing PS2?
  7. quatin

Look at all the nerf threads. Nerf RLs, nerf tanks, nerf aircraft, nerf MAXes. The goal of these fanboys are quite clear. Make Infantryside 2 until the next CoD game is released.

I came here to play a combined arms game. If SOE wants to cater to the CoD crowd, then the game will fail. PS2 is too unpolished to compete as a hardcore FPS shooter.
    • Up x 2
  8. DQCraze

More tears would flow then would be bearable.
  9. Tito

hahaahahaah hope you play the miller maybe you kill Tito1BW

this week im play the sniper
    • Up x 1
  10. Gearlock

What is this.. I don't even....

So, you're here to post about people complaining and wanting changes based on their preferred playstyle, so your response to that is to complain and that you want changes based on your preferred playstyle.

Got it. Your opinion has more weight than anyone else's. Understood.

[IMG]
  11. DQCraze

Ya you know any noob could jump in and start hitting esfs out of the sky with the dalton.
  12. Garrum

Maybe not a dalton, but they probably could with a shredder. But you're having to use an absurd example, a ground attack vehicle using a gun mounted on it's belly to shoot at aircraft. How hard is it to use a liberator gun in the manner it was designed? Is it any different from the Chopper Gunner kill streak reward in MW2, other than it lasts far, far longer?
  13. quatin

What I suggested was to split servers with different rules. There's 2 US East servers, let the CoD fan boys have one and the other server will be a real combined arms game. Players can transfer their characters to play with people who are willing to play a
    similar style, instead of forcing it upon everyone. I can see how you can over look that if you just read the first line of the post.

play a [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Nerovox

I would be all for a realistic damage type of server tbh. I mostly play as infantry and the game feels homogenized and boring.
    • Up x 1
  15. Fenrisk

Add servers with server side hit detection, no lag compensation and auto-kick for any player above 150 ping.

If it costs SOE money to run upgraded servers to handle it then make them member only servers to encourage more people to sub up for a true FPS experience.
  16. Gearlock

What you suggest is... again...

Game changes based on personal preference, particularly you want to split characters off of my normal server to go to yours because you want to play a different way. Oh, no that's not significant. You're just going to...reduce the population of normal servers. No big deal right??

But anyways, cry more. I'm sure there are top men reading your post right now saying "My god, it's brilliant. Work on this immediately!".

Or, your thread could be an ineffective vehicle for pissing and moaning about sh*# you don't like.

Wish in 1 hand and sh*# in the other. See which fills up first.
    • Up x 1
  17. quatin

What I suggest is letting players choose their game play styles based on personal preference. There are obviously 2 camps: CoD fan boys and combined arms. There will never be an agreement or equal ground between the two, because they are fundamentally different. There are enough CoD fan boys crying that devs are adjusting the game to their "personal preference". Instead of having a game that's unsatisfactory for everyone, give people the choice of playing their style of choice. CoD functions successfully with different rule sets on different servers.

There are 2 East servers before and there will be 2 East servers after my suggested change. Populations will stay the same. If your "normal server" game play style is ****, then people will leave, because there's a better choice. Deal with it. If there aren't enough people to populate one server, then there isn't enough of a fanbase in that game style to justify catering to anyways and we wouldn't be in the current state of semi-combined arms.

Now why are you here? Just to whine? Explain why choice and diversity is a bad idea or do you just like to force everyone to play whatever your "personal preference" of "normal" is?
  18. Gearlock

And you dropped "CoD fanboys" again. How...compelling. I know IM convinced.

Do you think theyre really going to dedicate even a sliver of resources to a massive rebalancing of many aspects of the game for this?

THEY WONT EVEN RELEASE HOSSIN.

You keep throwing that term around and whether I like 'those people' or not (god i certainly dont) it makes your argument sound like a high school kid is making it.

I'm here to point out you drowned out your own preposition with an overtly negative and derogatory tone, as if "CoD Fanboys" have ruined the sanctity of marriage/America/Freedom/Planetside.

Don't be that guy.

Noone likes that guy.
  19. quatin

Who are you the suggestion police? Did SOE appoint you to come and approve all the suggestions or do you just go and **** on anything you disagree with? I'll take a derogatory tone if I want to, it's not like it's unheard of on the forum and as for you calling me out on it. You've been nothing but snide since your first post in this thread so here's something that you seem very familiar with:
    [IMG]
  20. Gearlock

Yawn.

I disagreed with your proposal and offered my reasons why (population and development resources).

The only thing I've 'attacked' or, as you said, 'pis*#ed on' is, once more, your overtly aggressive and holier-than-thou attitude, as if you're even the slightest bit better of a person than the "CoD Fanboys" you call out several times. As if it makes you better than them.

OMG Bro, you called them fanboys, THATS SO KOOL.

Do us all a favor and grow the f*#k up.

In retrospect I probably should have opened with that suggestion.