Team players that get in your way.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, May 24, 2014.

1. Yuukikun

That's what happens when parent's don't do their job as parents. Children will start acting with bad behavior to try to get your attention, because their parents give them none.
  2. Abstracted

I had this guy who kept TKing me in waygate, which I don't really "care" about. But then I spawned a scythe and he was attempting to take that out too, so he's a griefer when he gets bored or frustrated.

I remembered his name, and the next day I was in a big biodome fight and saw him pop up in chat, so I looked around and found him.

Killed him when he was in the middle of attacking enemies and he raged.

What goes around comes around.

But it would be good if TKs get you tagged in some way so everyone can be instantly aware your a dick.

But I suppose this would get abused in some way too.
  3. PlatoonLeaderG

The problem isnt only because they kill you but they will do anything to ruin your fun.

Either way i really hate it when they kill you inside a vehicle(happened a lot of times).I even remember when i was with an outfit buddy in a prowler and we were doing really good and we were pushing NC tanks back.(we were the only tank) we survived many encounters only to die from a LA from our team........I got so mad that day i didnt [play for a week.
  4. Kunavi

A BR 80 EDT member got drunk(If I am to believe his mates) and blasted my SG and a friendly Sundy I was protecting(I think the only one there), at a Tech Plant attack during an Alert in fact, if my memory serves. He then called me various names in his primary language and walked off. For no reason. Checking their Stats I saw very low numbers, no surprise there.

I asked WTF was this person doing and his mates told me I should put up with him because he was drunk. I asked them if it would then be OK if I just blew up their Sundy and MBTs and call them names, since I decided I suddenly got drunk too. Just to call it even. They said "NO". Caps and all. I didn't do it obviously.

Point I'm trying to make? People in general... Wait no scratch that, WOODMAN TR in general are plain bad in every regard... Because what that guy did, was mild in comparison to 80% of the TKs I suffer, from people who are sober. It's why I let it go in fact. I just reported it as intentional TKing. Karma being what it is, a bit later he stepped in front of me while I was firing. :D I was about to apologise but then I saw the name. LOL! :p

What I'm saying is, I know how you feel. GL with your rage management :p

PS: I've nothing against being drunk, or playing while drunk, as long as you are not becoming too obnoxious. Done right, it's quite fun.
  5. Klypto

What are you talking about?

When I meet someone like that they aren't worth my attention for more than that second it takes to kill them.
  6. FaLI3N

I haven't been weapon locked in the longest amount of time, even with all the deer that jump in front of my tank that is going 86km/h with next to no brakes. Watch out for the morons and kill the ones who are purposefully being trolls. I don't usually run into people like this though.. maybe it is the server you are on? I get the odd faction swapper from someone who is ******** that I killed them a few too many times but I move on and continue to kill them when they swap back.
  7. Seuchensaal

Everyone who positions himself right in front of a gun and stays there deserves to die violently. :D
  8. Huxer

The honest answer to your question if you want to hear it? They aren't, what you think is happening is not happening. The guy who ran in front of you when you were trying to fire your lock on had no idea what either/both you and he were doing. He may have been chasing a butterfly but the chance of him seeing what you were doing and intentionally blocking you is lower tahn him just being curious and wandering in front. The guy who ran in front of your flash never saw you coming and had his music up to loud to hear the car coming. The guy in the spawn room saw you shooting and wanted to stand where you are standing to see what you were shooting at. The guy in the sniper hole...who am I kidding, don't hide in sniper holes but he thought it was a game of king of the sniper hole. The truth is, even though it's irritating that the majority of players are not doing what you want them to do, killing them to get them out of the way will make them much more likely to C4 your MAX. As an experienced player, take your time, don't rush to be the guy to get the easy kill of the guy running across the field in front of a firing line. Let those guys run in and die and take your shots when they are clean. Once again, who am I kidding, I've gunned down my share of friendlies who straffe in front of me, it just doesn't bother me like it bothers you.
    • Up x 1
  9. BillBoBaggins

You can't control everyone in your faction.You probably do it to people without even knowing.
    • Up x 1
  10. PlatoonLeaderG

Yeah what you are saying can be true,but i m not stupid enough to not recognize when some1 is doing it on purpose.You want me to say that the guy who screw my lock ons more than 4 times by jumping in front of me without doing anything and immediately leave when i stop lock on and come back again he is just chasing butterflies?

Most of the times i try to avoid them and they keep following me and doing whatever to annoy me,i try to talk to them and they still do it and its my fault?

I dont care about dying by teammates,i died a lot of times by teammates on a great killstreaks and i m like whatever.Accidents happen or he is new i can forgive but killing me because he is bored i will not.

I m not controlling people,i just want to play the game objective because thats what i like.If you want to make a youtube video or whatever go do it with your friends and let me alone to do what i like doing.
  11. TeeRizz

I guess I'm lucky to have avoided this. I give and get a few TKs each session, but it's usually not a big deal. It's frustrating in the moment, sure, but you either keep your cool and let it slide, or you take a break for a bit.

My guess is you've drawn attention to yourself somehow. Maybe you directly retaliated and got their attention, maybe you cried too hard and got their attention, maybe they saw this thread and it got their attention.

The point is, trolls feed on that kind of attention. You want em to stop? Don't rage at them, don't make threads like this, just keep playing. Eventually they'll get bored. There's three giant maps with plenty to do.
  12. John_Aitc

I primarily play CQC Infiltrator which means I am putting myself in harms way a lot. 1-2 TKs per hour is about normal for me.

I almost feel like I should apologize to the person who killed me for getting in their way. It is almost always my fault.
  13. Goretzu

Human nature combined with a lack of fear of reprisals in a game - or to put it more simply some people are just ****s.
  14. Archlyte

I don't understand the appeal of killing people who are drawing vehicles at the warpgate, nor the reason SOE decided it was a good idea to make this possible. I now try to pull vehicles from field terminals because if an enemy kills me while I'm making loadout choices it is less frustrating than dealing with idiot mouth-breathers in the warpgate.
    • Up x 1