SOE- fix/nerf debris and fix tank flipping on every small hill! Tanks have mass, you know?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, May 26, 2014.

1. Mystogan

As a tanker I tend to die to many things:
    1. C4- ok, guy had to get close, we were not watching. Still cheap but PLAYER killed me. Fine
    2. Another tank happended to be just there- ok, happens, thats the game.
    3. Rocketpods/libs- well not fun not be able to defend even (can't rise my cannon...) but still- player
    4. Mines- well, cheap and should dissapear imo after their owner redeploy/die or make them bigger.
    5. Rockets, bulldogs- etc- fine, players.

But I can't stand that half times I loose my tanks it is becasue this game do not include any mass of vehicles! Tank (which, I am not expert, weigth at least 80 tons?) is flipping, jumping, drifting on every hill, stone and terrain obstruction like flash/harasser/Fiat punto/plastic toy... That is just riddiculous. I mean- tanks are slow becasue they are heavy. But when you drive in PS2 you dont feel heavy at all. You feel like driving maybe 200 kg vehicle....

Just yesterday 5/10 of my deaths were due to sudden jump on some terrain obstruction (like half meter high hill?) which ended up with my Vanguard being flipped like toy. Thats is just stupid. I get it when I yolo from big hill to run away- I risk. But flipping 80-100 ton tank on sime stupid small hills/obstruction or rock while running 30-50 kph? Come on SOE.

And why is my tank getting dmg while it is flipped? Is planet trying to eat him to grow more OP trees? (thats why trees are OP, planet is eating tanks and growing invicible trees!!). Give tanks MASS and get ridd off this flip dmg. Vehicles should be able to unflip each other.

Second thing is- debris. What a smart guy there in your studio though of this code that falling small debris from ESF is insta-killing my tank?! 4/10 of my deaths yesterday were from debris, which fell on me and my full HP tank goes BUM! Eg. I killed prowler in CQC combat with my Vanguard (he was close becasue he tried to get on my rear), I am left with 80% HP. But his debris got around my tank, which is starting to shake and BUM! No tank! GG SOE.

And finally 1/10 deaths yesterday were to another players- well, I can live with that- don't nerf SOE.

Maybe it is time to fix those most frustrating things in your Game? I swear there was no game in history where driving were more frustrating than in PS2. Never ever I were loosing my vehicles due to random bugs and bad code like here. Can't enjoy driving anything fully when each obstruction can insta-kill my vehicle...

Nerf debris (make them going through vehicles maybe or make them dissapear faster?) and fix driving.

Thank you.
    • Up x 13
  2. ronjahn

3. Thagyr

Gravity doesn't work the same way on Auraxis. For example you'd think that a Flash flipped upside down would have plenty of traction.

Nope. Upside down a Flash moves faster than it does on wheels if going on a hill, even if it is dragging your soldier through the dirt. It's like some poor pet that doesn't understand it's job.

DON'T WORRY MASTER, IF YOU ARE UNDER THE GROUND THEY CAN'T SHOOT YOU!
    • Up x 5
  4. dedgaem

^ this.

Else nobody could explain how a liberator could even fly at all, let alone the upcoming valkyrie. "g" in Auraxis gotta be at best 4 m/s^2. Did I mention that in Auraxis is a cultural tradition to lubricate the lower plate and wheels of the vehicles with ridiculous amounts of butter?

oh well, let's talk about something else but "top-tier-physics".
  5. Vixxing

You are complaining? Imagine how often/easy a Magmower flips then....
  6. BlackDove

Been saying this for a year.
  7. barunedpat

Debris is overrated. Yesterday I rammed an ESF on top of a galaxy spawn point, and another underneath it (yes it actuallywent under the body). The Galaxy did not die. If debris cannot be used as a weapon, it is not op. I am starting to think debris' only job is to deter vehicle lumps.
  8. FaLI3N

Maggies don't need to worry about debris and with skillful driving can avoid being flipped. Lightnings flip if you turn foliage on because the grass is too bumpy and explode if you are anywhere near the vehicle you just killed.
  9. Vixxing

Thats BS i been killed countless times by debris in my mag... and if you can flip a lightning you WILL flip a MAG more...

However if you gently float with Magmower near friendlys, you will instakill them all! (all of them)
    If you run into a bunch of say 30 NC infantry and MAXes, magburner full blast... dont worry they will all survive!
  10. XXBLACKATTACKXX

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    • Up x 1
  11. FaLI3N

You don't have enough experience then? I magmowered for a long long time and I almost never flipped. The friendlies you run over are either newbies who do not understand the movements of the magrider and need to learn to steer clear or a mixture of you not knowing the nuances of roadkills and bad driving in general. You need to drive ahead of the squishies you want to run over if you want to kill them and they have the ability to crouch to avoid you if they see you coming, just run stealth and then magburn into them all from behind and watch the kills rack up.

As for the lightning, I get roadkills on friendlies all the time that run out in front of me without looking and I just cannot physically stop in time to avoid them when I am going 86km/h with brakes that hardly work. As for enemies you need to come from behind or you won't kill them because everybody jumps over you like they are Kobe Bryant. The lightning flips on... everything. The tiniest bumps will flip you if you hit them on the wrong angle. I have literally ran into a flash and flipped.

I never get killed by debris in my maggie, not since the debris nerf ages ago. Most debris damage on tanks comes from it being jammed in between your hull and your turret, the maggie doesn't have a turret. 99% of the time if you are under a magrider when you kill it as a lightning you will die.
  12. DQCraze

I agree 100%. Please fix!
  13. Vixxing

Killed a sundy yday in my mag died from debris... and i flipped mag a bunch of times (most often with some help from friendly mags or lighntings, logged prolly 100H in lightning tanks and NEVER flipped one though...
  14. DK22

ya, I feel the same way every time I get killed, it was a cheap play by someone. :rolleyes:
  15. Aesir

Tankers have been moaning about this since a long time, definitely over a year now.

I personally rather would have seen an Physics pass on Vehicles, Grenades and other objects like that. Alongside a fix to Debris ... Rather than the Implant system ...
    • Up x 1
  16. SiosDashcR

No.

Otherwise we wouldn't have THESE sorts of moments.

• Up x 5
  17. Camycamera

AND TANKS SHOULD NOT BE STOPPED BY HILLS THAT INFANTRY CAN CLIMB OVER GABEN DAMNIT SOE!
  18. ColonelChingles

Although modern tanks can turn and drive impressively, I kinda wish SOE had taken a different approach with tanks.

They should feel ponderously slow. Grinding treads, groaning turrets. Tanks should move with purpose. Turrets shouldn't snap to, they should slowly rotate.

In return of course, when a tank shoots it should hit hard. Big booms. And the armor on tanks should be pretty impenetrable to most infantry weapons... like a real tank.

War Thunder has some pretty fun tank game play (though it's just planes and tanks, no infantry). And yeah, 21st century tanks are nowhere near as sluggish, but gosh darn it if it isn't fun.

Maybe they can make heavy tanks act like that instead.
  19. FaLI3N

Teach me your ways.. but you obviously don't use racer 3 right? I know it isn't just me that has this problem, I see friendlies flip all the time and have seen countless enemy lightnings crap themselves when I fire on them behind with stealth just to have them roll over because a slight breeze came out of nowhere.
  20. OldCuban

I don't usually agree with rant threads, but I gotta admit the OP has a point.

Regardless of the reasons given by the devs and/or players as to why tanks behave this way on Auraxis, imho it just ain't right.

I'm so tired of the old excuse of ," Nanites ".

Vehicle destruction and the dmg associated with it is OP atm. Not complaining though, I've exploited it on several occasions in order to destroy a Gal, Lib, Sundy or MBT that's relentlessly farming my faction. Albeit there's other ways to solve the problem, but nothing is as fun as flying into a full enemy gal and watching the exp/kill spam on my screen.

Btw Sios, those vids made me lmao, thanks!