337.88 Install or not to install that is the question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lagside2, May 26, 2014.

1. lagside2

New full driver out, anyone tried it?
  2. Krayus_Korianis

I'm cautious about this update as well. I tried the beta drivers. Those didn't work that good. So I'm back now to 332.21, and stability was restored as well as my FPS.
  3. HotPepperDelivery

4. Eternal Enigma

I'm simply going to wait and stay with 332.21 for now because it works with all my games and I remember what happened on the last update. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if anyone reports any major issues and then I may consider updating, but the last update broke me from just automatically updating just because an update is available. It took me a full day to get my PC back like it was after the last update.
  5. HotPepperDelivery

Well this update driver is official one, NOT THE BETA, and I also concerning about blackscreen issue and stutter issue. Also, I really kinda get bad performance of 332 driver, so if this driver solve the ps2 blackscreen + stutter issue then IM READY TO INSTALL THIS MOTHER ******!
  6. Murderklok

I would also like to know I'm too busy to test it until later.
  7. HotPepperDelivery

Wait did you install already?! If yes, can you test it more than 30 minutes+ to confirmed that there is no stutter,blackscreen, and frame freezing issue?
  8. Garrett Black

got the new driver, still getting 300 ping and 30-50 fps in battles. Faking SOE fix your game!
  9. Murderklok

Garrett, whats your specs?
  10. D3amonEngineer

I will highly recommend to use the new driver, it solve all the problem with 3-5second black screen and gives a noticeable boost in FPS in other words to the performance. I have used and tried all the previous drivers since the release of 32x.xx and the newest gives the best fps from all of them. Might some of you wont have much change in the fps but 90% of players who were having black screen will 100% solved now. :D
    • Up x 2
  11. HotPepperDelivery

Are you sure? And did you download and install the latest one? Did you tested to confirmed that all issues are already solve?
  12. Lavans

So far so good - GTX 680 Windows 7 SP1
    • Up x 1
  13. HotPepperDelivery

Right now you are using NVIDIA 337.88 driver right? By the way, how come I can't download manual install on NVIDIA site by using manual driver search tab and all I do is Geforce > Geforce GTX 700 series >> Geforce GTX 780>>> Windows 8, 64bit >> All >> Start search, but after I click start search it doesn't list any driver. Is this NVIDIA site issue?
  14. Murderklok

Mine came through Geforce Experience.
  15. HotPepperDelivery

Okay, but should I delete 332 driver folder if I plan to install 337.88 driver?
  16. WeaverMSI

Tested it on PS2 for about an hour. All looking good; no stuttering or blackscreens.

3770k @ 4.5 / GTX 780 ti
    • Up x 1
  17. HotPepperDelivery

Okay, on NVIDIA folder is show two driver folders which is 332 driver folder and 337.88 driver folder, so should I delete 332 driver or leave it alone?
  18. Murderklok

I always delete my nvidia folder once the drivers are installed. I'm talking about C:\nvidia because it gets huge and I only have a 120GB SSD. it makes no difference its deleted before or after

I just checked mine, theres no drivers in that folder lol guess they dont do that any more
  19. Astealoth

I just tested 337.88 for an hour, and it's no different from 337.50 for me as far as performance. Both feel like a 40% reduction in frame rate and stability versus 332.
  20. HotPepperDelivery

Windows 8 on Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB
    C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\Geforce337.88Driver

You probably have to check "show all filer and folders"